• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:30 PM

Interested in seeing what--if anything--was available and how much progress has been made, I did a bit of a search, and this is what I came up with.

Modding Links:Texture mods

Texmod
Download: Download Link
(You will need this for all texture mods.)

NEW! Garrus' Face Fix by jcb-1789 LATEST!
Download: Download link
Information: @ Bioware Forums

Garrus' Face Fix by pops117
Screenshot: Screenshot link

Garrus' Face Retexture (white markings) by Groggy Golem

Garrus' Face Retexture (white markings with blue tinge) by Groggy Golem

Liara Face Retexture (with tattoos) by Grandson of Sam
Screenshot: Screenshot Link

Liara Face Retexture (Makes her look like Shiala--green) by David Hingtgen
Screenshot: N/A

NEW! Liara Face Retexture Variants (2) by ELEXPLOSIVO
Screenshot: Screenshot Link

No More Backwards Earth Fix by Klyst

Alternative Heavy Collosus Armor (Female model only) by Klyst

Alternative Heavy Collosus Armor (without shoulderpads) (Female model only) by Klyst

Alternative Heavy Collosus Armor (Female model only) by Grandson of Sam

Alternative Heavy Predator H Armor (Female model only) by Klyst

Alternative HEV Medium Collosus Armor (Female model only) by Klyst

Alternative Medium Phoenix Armor (Female model only) by David Hingtgen

Alternative Light Scorpion Armor (Female model only) by David Hingtgen

Alternative Light Mercenary Armor (Female model only) by David Hingtgen

Alternative Light Collosus Armor by -Westby-
Download male: Download link
Download female: Download link

NEW! Black Female Mercenary H by David Hingtgen

NEW! Female Colossus Heavy in white by David Hingtgen

NEW! Female Colossus Light in blue by David Hingtgen

--

If you find any more mods, post them here and I'll update the list!

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:56 AM

Quoting from David Hingtgen on Bioware forums:

The two most useful things I found for Texmod are:

Click Here

And most important of all:
Click Here (I follow this every time to make sure I get the masks right when I'm finished)

Basic guide to getting and altering a texture:

Open Texmod, select "logging mode". Use Texmod to load ME. Use numeric keypad to go through textures until you find the one you want. Hit whatever key you told Texmod to use to save that texture. Close ME and Texmod. Open texture file (I use GIMP) and mess with it how you want. Open Texmod again, and use "package build" to make a TPF file. Then, change Texmod to "Package Mode" to load ME using TPF files you selected.

A big chunk of getting Texmod to do what you want, is manually editing Texmod's log file. It's very simple and obvious----the first 10 digits or so of each row is the memory address of a texture. The end is the name of the file you want Texmod to use to replace that texture with.

Example:
0x422AAA0D|C: blah\ blah\ blah \\MASSEFFECT.EXE_0x422AAA0D.dds
That's Ash's face, by default. Now, you could change her face file (blue lipstick?) and save it as 0x422AAA0D_blue.dds or something. Then change that line in the log file to
"0x422AAA0D|C: blah\ blah\ blah\ \MASSEFFECT.EXE_0x422AAA0D_blue.dds"
Then make a TPF file via Texmod's package build. Then, every time you use the TPF file made with that instance of the log file, it will override memory address 0x422AAA0D with the file you made, instead of the file it gets from ME.

PS--please get an existing TPF file and load it with Texmod just to see how things work---that'll explain half of what Texmod is/does. Here's a link to my "purple F Med Phoenix" armor:

http://home.mchsi.co...xMpurpleMED.tpf (since it's Ash's default armor, everyone will have it to see it very early in the game)

Texmod will not ask you much when it makes TPF files---it just reads the lines in the Texmod.log file and does what the log file says at that moment, immediately. The log file records every texture/memory address every time you use it in logging mode, so be sure to check before you make a TPF file that the log file has exactly what you want before you do it. I keep my own file with a list of textures I edit, to cut and paste into Texmod's log as needed.

Original post (scroll down some).

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:17 AM

Here's a utility with which you can extract sound files (including music) from the game. Bioware topic.

Some samples are contained in .upk files; this tool can extract them. Thread, the bottom.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:41 AM

Updated.

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

Updated with Groggy Golem's Garrus facial retextures. :)

#6 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:17 AM

Updated with David Hingtgen's Liara facial retexture, which makes her face green like Shiala on Feros.

#7 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:41 PM

Updated link to Grandson of Sam's Heavy Collosus armor; he updated it.

#8 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

Updated David Hingtgen's Alternative Medium Phoenix Armor and added his new Light Scorpion armor alternative. :cheers:

#9 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:38 AM

Some new mods added, and DerPlaya has updated his Mass Effect tool--

Because there is no editor built into the game and i wanted to know how mass effect works i wrote a little program.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A3HIHF8F

this is source only (c# vs2005) and i will not upload a compiled executable or any updated versions (don't have time and enough info + some things are hard coded into the game executable).

i messed around with the package file format and found some things out...
the tool can display/export most textures, display talk files, extract isb files and display general info about objects in package files (including *.u and *.sfm files)
it also works with gow and ut3 package and map files.

it's unfinished and buggy but perhaps somebody has a use for it.
USE AT OWN RISK.

Link.

#10 -Xandrino-

-Xandrino-

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

hiya.

do u know whats up with Ubermouser nowdays? what happend with CriticalMass? it was to become a save editor. have any1 picked it up? do u know his new email? now if im already here imma also tell that what i want out of a 'save editor' is specificly to be able to REMOVE talents off a char. just in case some1 knows any1thin bout such an act round here.

#11 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

I haven't seen or heard anything re: Ubermouser recently, unfortunately... CriticalMass looked like it was shaping up to be quite cool, but from what I can tell it never really went anywhere.

#12 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

erickael finished his script compiler; thread here. I'm almost tempted to buy the PC version just to check out the dialogue using it!

This message follows upon that one

I about finished the script decompiler. You can find it
here
In addition to the scripts, we can see 2DA tables, dialogues text, and objects contained in .u and .upk files.

I had begun to analyze the scripts so as to understand rules used by the game, but then I turned to other things.
Now I am lazy to start again where I stopped. Too bad.

#13 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:54 AM

Update

#14 --Grim--

--Grim--

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:59 PM

I've been trying to play around with this to get the Predator armors replaced by the Batarian Skirmish armor with no luck, any tips on what I'm doing wrong? All I get is funny colors popping up when I load it in game.

#15 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:12 AM

Wow, I just noticed this for the first time. So we can view/edit ME dialogue now? Sweet.

Of course, this brings the lust to make a fixpack in me (I'm feeling it for Dragon Age already), but actually, thinking about it, I can't remember any actual obvious dialogue bugs in the entire game! That's pretty remarkable. DA is a great game, but I've already spotted a good dozen or so bugs I'd like to fix sometime when I have the time. I consider that pretty polished, actually. But if memory serves, ME is -seriously- polished as far as bugs go. Does anyone know of any?

Qwinn

#16 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:00 AM

Unfortunately there's no dialogue or plot editing tool--the only things you can alter so far are textures and the like. Sorry :(

#17 -StarJekker-

-StarJekker-

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

Is there anything that can allow me to edit my savegames? I recently finished a very long playthrough only to realize I missed something with the romances, and I ended up getting the wrong romance ending. I really do not want to go back 20+ hours and attempt to redo it (I've already done about 4 playthroughs, but this is the first time I finished all the collections, but I'm pretty sure I finished 40% of the collections AFTER I missed the romance).

#18 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

Aside from this, I don't know.

#19 -Daewa-

-Daewa-

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:12 PM

Hello,

I really enjoyed those mods, that's why I did my own and I think you might be interested.
Here you go

Cya ;)

#20 -RZ-

-RZ-

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:54 AM

It would be so great if we could import/export Shepard's appearance from one profile to another.
I know that opening character creation screen in mid game would be a pain in the ass, but I'm ready to suffice with an import/export even without a GUI. Are there any tools currently available that can accomplish this? The idiots from ea didn't even include a small rotation on char creation screen so you can see your self from the sides. Top that off with the beginning of the game cut scenes that can't be skipped and you might spend several hours before you make something that doesn't irritate you when its face is shown.

I've seen a number of topics looking for such features so I'm not the only one that would appreciate this.
Are there currently any means to do that, and if not will somebody please make some available?