Photo

Some problems during BP.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ferrumach

Ferrumach
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:35 AM

hello i am a member of the copper coronet forum.
I finished BP-Nej two months ago and i would want to give you the major problems that i had during my game ( i made 98 % of the mod)
I won't talk of Nej in this post...
My installation:
BP-NEj(patch+patch BP)+dark ritual+ FR and ROV + cal + item + Npc flirt pack ( only jaheira component)
before tob i put too : improved oasis 2 + oversight ( only component improve sendai)

*No problem in TOB except
-crash in kiser jhaeri's donjon in saradush ( fixed by seanas)
-crash in the house near mala's house in Amkhetran
-during the final battle with ascension, one or several bosses stay near death and even with the advices of the read me ( set global etc...) i play in very very difficut mod. In fact the worst in this case is Illasera " invincible" because she is very fast and i must load for her. There is a sort of random each time i made the fight, i managed to kill yaga near death ( the easiest cause he is the slowest boss..) after i have insisted 1 minute with blood bane +5 ( poison without JS)...but i load automatically if the problem concerns an other boss ( Illassera or abazigal ...)

*SOA
-some creatures stay in blue circle ( friends of asgaereth for example...) if they aren't attacked...
-kuroisan says: ( " oh it is not my day") and don't attack me after his dialog...???
( i must initiate the fight...)
-Bohdi isn't very agressive ( chapter 2 )
-Problems with R.sureblade:
1)I managed to kill him during the first fight :bash: and another problem if you didn't let him the choice to escape, you are bloked..
2)the second fight: same problem
3)The third fight : he isnt very agressive...
( maybe these problems are solved with the last fix ( weapon...))
-charlotte's script ( fixed)
-riatavin ( fixed but i agree with radagast you must run quickly to have the demons...)

*crashs :4
-crash in kiser jhaeri in saradush ( fixed )
-crash in the house near mala's house in Amkhetran
-crash orgoth- riatavin ( fixed)
-crash during a tdd quest after a cut scene ( just before you arrived in the docks with a boat ) solved when i cleaned the cache (thus not really a problem ...)

-Now i want to know if the irenicus of tactics is compatible, at this moment i had 5.800.000 xp for each member!!! (6) thus the fight is too much easy with irenicus original.
-Same question with bohdi....
-Is it possible to lower the xp...?(especially tdd's dragon and others....)
-Bear of druid are too strongs i think.. ( ease of use)
( taco :1 , hp :160, regeneration terrific, JS :3, MR: 50 %...) level 11!!!!!!! for a druid/ warrior ( jaheira) and with the xp of BP : you kill absolutely everybody in soa ( except if a death spell is used of course and illithids...)
-The biggest problem in fact: the xp...

#2 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:52 PM

on the XP question: BP already reduces the amount of XP you get in the game. for example:

Spirit Trolls in TDD: 12,000 XP
Spirit Trolls in BP: 2,450 XP

graz'zt in TDD: 500,000 XP
graz'zt in BP: 84,000 XP

Lolth in SoS: 4,000,000 XP (!)
Lolth in BP: 125,000 XP

not everything has reduced XP in BP, but most things do. still: BP adds *so* many new quests that you are going to finish with *far* more XP when you finish compared with an original BGII game. there's not really much to be done about it: it's several times the size of original BGII, so you are going to get several times the XP, even *with* Horred's often severe reductions of XP.

[EDIT] * i had no problems entering the house in Amkrethan you mention: it is the house where you meet the two adventurers who give you the key to get into Balthazar's compound if you've killed Saemon Havarian. did you kill Saemon? if yes: you were just unlucky. if no: i'll take a look at the area (i *always* kill Saemon Havarian, so i've tried entering that house with him alive in Amkrethan).

* Kuroisan does that deliberately: he's casting his protection spells. he does this only if you encounter him at a low level: when you find him at a higher level, he acts as he does in tactics (ie, he cheats :P ).

* i haven't played Ascension on highest difficulty: what you describe might be an effect of the hardest-difficulty scripts. that, or the 'improved sendai' component was interfering with the correct functioning of that battle.

* i have had that problem with Rolf too: if you kill him in the first fight, you can't get upstairs without cheating. perhaps we should make that blocked door openable by a clever thief?

Edited by seanas, 25 September 2004 - 04:03 PM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#3 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 02:02 AM

* Kuroisan does that deliberately: he's casting his protection spells. he does this only if you encounter him at a low level: when you find him at a higher level, he acts as he does in tactics (ie, he cheats :P ).

So thats what happened to me (low lvl) and I thought he was bugged...all he did was cast protections and run hehe lol...
Ignorance Is Bliss

#4 Psykotik

Psykotik
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 05:10 AM

Well, is the 23rd level a low level ? Because I had exactly the same Kuroisan's behaviour, with a party skilled enough to beat the Five ^_^

If it is supposed to work in that way, something is broken. Kuroisan let me a huge amount of time to cast everything I want.

* i have had that problem with Rolf too: if you kill him in the first fight, you can't get upstairs without cheating. perhaps we should make that blocked door openable by a clever thief?

That's a nice idea, I like it !

#5 Ferrumach

Ferrumach
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:03 AM

-About rolf sureblade, (cause i am not his mom ;) ), i think it would be more logical for the first fight:

*at "near death" : teleportation ( like bohdi chapter 2 )
( to avoid all indicated problems )

-I agree to modify the door ( and why not to add a trap on the door to respect the idea of ceeb to have problems with it)

Edited by Ferrumach, 26 September 2004 - 08:27 AM.

#6 Ferrumach

Ferrumach
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:20 AM

22)  i had no problems entering the house in Amkrethan you mention: it is the house where you meet the two adventurers who give you the key to get into Balthazar's compound if you've killed Saemon Havarian. did you kill Saemon? if yes: you were just unlucky. if no: i'll take a look at the area (i *always* kill Saemon Havarian, so i've tried entering that house with him alive in Amkrethan).

-yes and i have just tried with killing saemon just before : same problem...