Elder Orb in the Copper Coronet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:40 AM

so anyway, i started a new game the other day, and was happily cruising thru the copper coronet when i discovered that the beastmaster had been replaced by a beast - an Elder Orb to be exact.

Posted Image

my first thought was that the problem was caused by Yasraena, seeing as how she was the only mod i had installed between this game and the previous couple, none of which had the beastmaster-as-elder-orb problem. however, having contacted Yasraena's makers and searched these forums - finding this and this, i've realised it's a BP problem, or at least most likely. so i have some questions:
  • why is BP changing the beastmaster to an Elder Orb?
  • why has it only happened now, not in the dozens of previous BP installs i've had? (and why did Yasraena kick it off?)
  • can someone send me the correct BEAST.CRE, so i can include this as a fix in v5 of the s_and_h patch?

Edited by seanas, 28 December 2004 - 02:45 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:21 AM

Glad to see you are catching up on this one :P . Here is a fixed Beast.CRE from my DoS compat mod. You may want to check his items to make sure he doesn't have anything he shouldn't.

I see that CRE files are not allowed here. :ermm:

Attached Files

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:29 AM

cheers SirBB. he's carrying some items in his quiver - 40 x CMAR02.ITM - which i don't have installed, but that's easily fixed.

and yeah, renaming extensions works a treat - makes you wonder why extensions are banned at all ::shrug:: .

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||