Photo

problem with a private mision

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zwadek

zwadek
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:31 PM

Hi I've got a problem with SoS. I'm doing mission to become a city guard. I've stopped a fight between monks in tawern and all monks went to prison, then I've convinced all ten of them to be a city guard and i should train them in barracs, but problem is when I will go to barracs no one there have a dialog option allows train monks. I think one of the following causes the problem:
1. NPC with training dialouge option don't spawn , so I should use a "createcreature" command but I dont know a code for that NPC
2. I've heard that in shadow keeper there is a possibility to skip mision in global-something but I dont know how to do it
3. or maybe i forgot to talk with someone important

I would be thankful for any help

And sorry for tense/spelling errors - english isn't my native language

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:17 PM

You don't train them inside the barracks. Move to the West (left) side of town and exit out that way. You should be in an open field. If it is during the day, you will see the monks there lined up in squads. This is were you train them. Only during the day. The field will be empty any other time.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 mago del gato

mago del gato
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:57 AM

I am on this mission as well, but my problem is that there is no guard to talk to in the training field. The 10 monks are all there, but nobody else, any suggestions? I looked this up in the walkthrough, and I noticed that I did not get attacked by bandits on the way to the training ground, if that matters at all.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:00 PM

I don't remember fighting thieves on the way to the training grounds. As for the soldiers, they are only there during work hours, so around 8am - 5pm type of thing. Not sure what the real hours are in the game but I do remember them leaving several hours before the screen actually got dark with evening. All I can say is to either stay on the screen and use CTRL-T to advance the clock one hour or do this back in town and then move onto the screen at the right time.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website