Twist Of Fate

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 01:07 PM

Just to let everyone know this is a spin off of my other story, Misery & Happiness.
Rating: Umm... R I guess since there will be a whole lot of death and stuff...

It's funny how one little detail can change everything. We always think "What if I had done this instead of that?" In this case what if Gorion had more time to save Sarevok and Anni? Just a few more seconds can change everything.

------

Sarevok strained against the chains that held him, but it did no good, it only caused his already sore arms to hurt more. It had been almost two days ago that he was chained to the wall and his little sister left on the floor.

One might wonder why a boy his age was restrained as he was but he was no normal boy. He was the son of a god. That was why he was currently chained to a wall, awaiting to be sacrificed to Bhaal's glory as one of the members had put it. His little sister had fallen sick before they had been captured and was useless at the moment, the only sign of life she showed was her eyes moving every so often.

"Gorion there is no time. We must leave!" He heard a man yell from somewhere in the temple. Sarevok struggled as a figure in robes entered the room they were in and came over to him, one of his kicks landed a blow on the person's knees, letting him hear a satisfying grunt.

"Stop it. I?m not here to hurt you." The figure said as they pushed back their cowl, under it was a middle-aged man, who smiled kindly at him.

"How can I trust you old man?"

"I'm not a follower of Bhaal, my name is Gorion and I'm trying to save you." Sarevok watched him as he pulled out a ring of keys and tried to find the right one to free him from his chains. After a few minutes both of them started to lose hope that he would be freed. Another figure appeared in the doorway as he tried yet another key.

"There is no more time, Gorion! We had to get out of here."

"Just a little more time I thi-" The figure grabbed Gorion's arm yanking him away.

"There is no more time! Grab the girl and let's go." Gorion ignored the person and tried the next key, smiling as it turned, releasing the boy. Sarevok breathed a sigh of relief and picked up his little sister.

"Galverey take the girl, I'll take the boy, we'll meet up later." Gorion looked down at the boy. "It will be easier to escape if he takes the girl, he can move quicker than we could, all right?" The boy nodded and let his friend take the little girl, without another word each Harper took their wards on different routes out of the temple.

---

Galverey stared down in disgust at the child in his arms. -Bhaalspawn. Such unnatural creatures, they will only bring death to Faerun. I will not allow that to happen.- Him and several other Harpers shared his opinion and had used the rescue mission to actually kill off many of the children instead of saving them.

Unfortunately Gorion wasn't one of them. He would keep the boy he had rescued and raise it. There was no way he could kill the old man as he was too well liked among the Harpers and was even believed to be good friends with Elminster. He would meet Gorion but the girl would not be there, he decided as he leaned over the railing of the small bridge he stood on. With a cruel smile he tossed the girl into the water, smiling as the child struggled to stay afloat but was failing. He turned away. The girl wasn't worth his attention anymore.

---

Gorion held the young boy as he cried. They had just finished talking to Galverey who informed them that the little girl had perished from sickness before he could treat her. The boy, Sarevok had tried to attack Galverey after hearing this but had lost his will to do so before any harm was done.

The boy kept repeating how it was his fault that she was gone, that he failed his promise to her. Gorion was at a lost of words, something rare for him, he didn't know how to comfort the boy. When he finally quieted Gorion wiped his tears and directed him to sit down.

"I am sorry that we could not save her. You must not blame yourself, Sarevok, you yourself are just a child also." He considered his next words carefully. "I feel that this is partly my fault, I wish to make up for this. If you wish, I will foster you, I cannot promise you much, but I will treat you as a son, and make sure you have a good education to provide you with a future. I will understand if you do not want this. The Harpers can help find you a family to live with."

"I don't need a family, mine is dead as should I be."

"Yes, I understand how you must feel. You must understand that you cannot change what has happen, grieve for your loss but do not allow it to consume you. Do you believe that your sister would want you to be like this for the rest of your life?"

"I should have gotten us out of there sooner! I should have known something bad was going to happen. I should h-"

"Hindsight is always 20/20. There are things we can see we should have done long after they happen. These thoughts will not help you. I know this from my own experiences. Think on what I have said, child. Rest now." Gorion rested his hand on the boy's shoulder, giving him a reassuring squeeze before leaving him alone.

---

Meanwhile...

Semanntha Anchev walked along the river by the inn, needing to clear her head. Rieltar was in a terrible mood, yet again, it was best if she stayed out of his way when he was like this. She thought of the early years of her marriage to him, she had been full of innocent dreams. Dreams he quickly shattered. She may have loved him at one point, he was a handsome man but she found his beauty only hid the ugliness inside of him. Her thoughts were disturbed by a soft moaning sound. She always had a curious streak, which almost always brought nothing but bad luck, but this time she found something that couldn't possibly be bad. Semanntha knelt on the cold wet ground as she found a very pale child who was spitting up water. She quickly removed her cloak and wrapped the girl in it.

"Oh my poor child, are you all right?" The girl nodded. "Come with me, and I'll have you in something dry and warm in a minute ok?" Again the child just nodded. "Do you have a name, little one?"

" Anna ."
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:
I used to dream that I would meet a prince
But God Almighty, have you seen what's happened since?
Master of the house? Isn't worth me spit!
`Comforter, philosopher' and lifelong sh*t!
Cunning little brain, regular Voltaire
Thinks he's quite a lover but there's not much there
What a cruel trick of nature landed me with such a louse
God knows how I've lasted living with this bastard in the house!

#2 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:39 PM

Twist of Fate 2: The Pink-Haired Trollop

Ethan was running. Oh, he knew it would do him no good but it was an instinct that took him over. He was a simple spy for the Iron Throne, and it was an easy job with not much risk. This time was different. He had thought his newest orders had come from Anchev himself, and they were very simple. He was ordered to investigate possible "Children of Bhaal", which was amazingly easy since most of them seemed crazy or raging murderers.

He had reported, not to Anchev himself of course, but to Winski Perorate, a wizard employed by Anchev. In Ethan's opinion, Perorate was always acting like he was better than everyone else, of course he did have access to Anchev's adopted daughter and if the rumors were true, she was quite a lusty little thing.

There had been two others in the room with them, a hooded figure in black and Charon, Anchev's son and heir. The wizard and the hooded one had read over the papers and argued in hushed tones. After a few moments the wizard looked to Charon and simply stated, "Kill him." At first Ethan's brain didn't register the command but as the warrior moved forward, he started to run.

Unfortunately the only open route had been up, so up to the roof he ran and was faced with a dead-end. The door to the roof opened and like all fools he turned to meet his fate. The hooded one and Charon stood there staring at him.

"Wait wait there were others I didn't put in the report! Please don't kill me! I can help you find them. They?re quieter than their siblings."

"Speak fool." Charon's deep voice chilled him to the bone.

"There's one in Candlekeep, the ward of an old sage there," -oh gods what was the Sage's name?!- "I think his name was Gordon? No, no that wasn't it..." Ethan clutched his head trying to remember the old man's name.

"Gorion?" The hooded one's voice reached him.

"YES! That's it! His ward is called Sarevok and the-"

"Sarevok? SAREVOK!?" The hooded one screamed and punched the wall. "Of course that old fool kept HIM alive, after all what use is a female!" The hood had fallen when they assaulted the wall, revealing a woman underneath.

"Hey, you're Anchev's daughter! Wh-"

"Oh dear, I can't possibly allow you to live now." The woman's smile was mocking. "Charon if you wouldn't mind?" She pouted. Charon smiled as he grabbed Ethan by the neck and tossed him over the side of the building. The woman leaned over the side staring down at the bloody mess that had once been a man. "So I know where you are at last brother. I've been waiting for so long." Her laughter carried on the air, chilling all who heard it.

----

Several Days later...

Sarevok sighed as he placed one of the ancient tomes back on the shelf. In his sixteen years at Candle Keep, he had barely made a dent in all the books it held. He enjoyed living in Candlekeep, it was a peaceful place with many friendly people, with the exception of Ulraunt, who had taken an instant dislike to him. Then there was Imoen. Immy as he called her on occasions, was full of cheer and at times simple minded, though he knew the truth. Behind her carefree attitude was a sharp thinker, a loyal friend and a temper if pushed hard enough.

He was ten years her senior, only two years different between her and Anna. When she had first arrived at Candlekeep she was shy and other children taunted her. He found himself taking pity on her and unofficially adopted her as a sister.

After that she had grown on him and they were as close as real siblings could be. Some days he would image that Anna would have turned out much like Imoen had she lived. Anna. It was still painful to think of her, though the years had dulled the pain, it still hurt. He was slowly but surely moving on, he thought less and less of her with each passing day. Imoen helped ease that pain.

"Heya, whatcha doing? Reading more of those boring ol'books?" He laughed as Imoen's voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Ah, little one. I was merely saying goodbye to them."

"That's right, you and Gorion are leaving tonight aren't cha?" Imoen pouted as she stared up at him.

"Yes, Gorion seems worried lately, though what I do not know. He's been quiet lately."

"Hey, maybe he just wants you to go out and get married. After all the only acceptable woman here is Phlydia, and you are getting old."

"Imoen, I'm not even thirty yet!"

"You only have two years left and then you'll be too old to do anything. You might as well stay in the bar with Puffguts and drink the rest of your time away."

"Immy you wound me. Can I help it if I haven't found someone as beautiful and wonderful as you?" He teased.

"Oh please. There's only one Imoen in this world."

"And I wouldn't have it any other way. After all you're my favorite little sister."

"Everyone's little to you." Imoen gripped.

---

The two never noticed a figure whose hood hid their face, watching them. Nor did they notice the figure's nails digging into the wood of the bookcase they hid behind. A man in black mage robes stood besides the hooded one and led them away when they had started to chant a fireball spell, explaining this was not the time.

---

Gorion stood at the gates waiting impatiently for his ward. Sarevok was a full grown man now but that still did not stop him from worrying. The taint of his father was strong in the boy..er man. Thus far the only signs of it were Sarevok's temper and unusual strength. He talked to Gorion of the dreams he had, dreams of blood and murder.

There were many books dealing in the raising of children but none that he knew of dealt with raising a boy born from the Lord of Murder. Sarevok had been a troubled youth but the caring environment of Candlekeep had mellowed the boy.

He watched as Sarevok walked towards him, his arm around a miserable looking Imoen. Their relationship had always worried Gorion, he felt that Sarevok was using Imoen as a substitute for the sister he had lost many years ago. Gorion had learned the truth of the child's fate a few years ago, the now ex-harper Galverey had tried to kill the child, but as poor as he had been a harper he was even worse at murder.

The girl had survived and had been raised by a man called Anchev, who from all descriptions was a poor excuse for a living being. Gorion had contemplated telling Sarevok many times of the truth but had refrained out of fear for the boy.

Sarevok was prone to... -How did Jaheira put it?- suicidal impulses. Many times he would think without acting, thus far it hadn't landed him in too much trouble. He knew if he had told Sarevok, he would have rushed off to be reunited with the girl. As Gorion saw it there would be several outcomes, the girl had been very young and sick so it was possible she wouldn't remember her brother, which would crush him, then there was the possibly that the girl wouldn't want anything to do with him as she may be happy were she was now, which would also crush him and then there was the possibility that Anchev may not let the girl go, possibly killed her or Sarevok to keep what he deemed his. Then there was, in Gorion's opinion, the worst result, after learning that Sarevok had lived a good live while according to all reports, she was often seen bruised and battered, she might turn and hate her brother.

He could think of no way to handle the situation, so he had never told anyone. His thoughts were interrupted when a large black horse approached the gates. He looked at the riders as they waited for the gates to open. One was an older man, yet younger than him, the second figure was dress in black robes, their cowl pulled over their face.

When the gate open the figure pulled back their cowl, revealing a very pale girl, and smiled at him. Her eyes did not reflect the smile on her face, no her eyes were filled with hate and death. The amount of hatred in her eyes forced him back a step but before he could regain his senses the horse took the riders outside of Candlekeep.

-That couldn't have been...? No...my mind is playing tricks on me- Gorion shook his head, he was just getting paranoid in his old age.

---

Annalesca moved aside the leaves in front of her, watching Gorion and Sarevok walk unwittingly into her trap. She was going to kill both of them. The very thought made her smile. -How dare he replace me with that pink-haired trollop! To think I was going to include him in my plans when I became the Goddess of Murder!- It was all planned. They would both die tonight.
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:

#3 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:00 AM

Twist Of Fate 3: Murder Becomes Her.

Sarevok slowed his pace for not the first time this night. Poor Gorion couldn't keep up with him, but then not many people could. He turned and smiled at Gorion, who was leaning heavily on his staff.

"Maybe we should rest for the night, you're getting too old to travel like this Gorion."

"I am not old, I can not help it if you forget us puny mortals can not keep up with a blasted giant. Are you sure that your mother wasn't one?" This was a common quip from Gorion, it never ceased to amuse him. His deep chuckle resounded through the woods, which turned to a gasp as Gorion's staff whacked his shins.

----

He was laughing, she noticed as she spied from her place. He wouldn't be for long. She would hurt him, hurt him so bad, she wanted to rip his heart out, but it would be over too quick. No he must suffer for abandoning her, for replacing her with that pink haired trollop. Why didn't he look for her? Why didn't he want her? Her hand drifted up to her ears, even through the disguise she could feel the short stumps lined with scar tissue. She could still remember how her foster father had shorn her ears when she was six, he didn't like her elven side, and wanted her to have very few reminders of it. She shuddered and pressed the memory away. Sarevok would suffer, his pain would be the greatest known if things went her way.

"Do you remember the plan, Charon?" She asked quietly.

"Of course. Do you believe me as thick headed as my father?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" A smile tugged at her lips.

---

"Help me! Someone please!" Sarevok and Gorion stopped as they heard the cry of a young girl. They both turned and saw a red haired girl running too fast causing her to trip over her own feet. She made to run past them, her eyes wide with terror, not seeing anything, but Sarevok caught her and passed her to Gorion. He wasn't too good with women, especially crying ones.

"What is it? What's wrong child?" The sage placed a comforting hand on the girl's cheek, forcing her to focus on him.

"Their after me, they killed everyone. I don't want to die." She wailed, hiding her face against his chest. As if on cue, a large man stepped into view followed by an oddly armored woman and a wizard in black.

"Hand over the girl and die." The large man stated. Sarevok sized him up and couldn't help smirking at the fact as tall and imposing the man was, he was bigger.

"I believe you forgot the 'or', that's the usual command. Makes you seem more pliable, and makes your victim believe they have a chance, unlike you." He smiled in a lazy way as he drew his bastard sword. He stepped forward to met the man in combat but was puzzled as the three just stepped back from him. His confusion was short lived as he heard a gurgling sound behind, he turned, the moment seemed to last forever as he found Gorion sagging against the girl. Blood washed over her hands as she pulled her dagger from his father's chest. She smiled, letting out a giggle as she licked the wickedly curved blade.

He was stunned his mind freezing in those moments as the sage fell to the ground, he was unable to do anything but catch him, Gorion's mouth moving, trying to utter his last words as blood flowed out of his mouth choking him.

"I-I should...have known...should...have...saved...her..." Gorion's eye's rolled back in his head as his life left him.

"Face me and die." The voice caused Sarevok to look up and saw the girl, her form different now. Tight armor clung to her body, armor with lots of spikes on it, black and red with the symbol of Bhaal craved on the chest. Her face was obscured by the helm she now wore but he would remember, he would kill her for this. "Too slow!" She yelled as she swept her sword down. He was forced to drop Gorion's body and roll out of the way. She wielded two swords as she advanced on him.

"You will die for this!" His sword connected with hers but gasped as the other cut through his guard opening a wound on his shoulder.

"I don't think so." She laughed at him as she her swords moved with enviable grace. He reached down to his boot and blocked her next hit with his long dagger. He fought her, but she was small and quick and even though she had killed his father, he had trouble fighting his instinct of hurting a woman. They were equal in skill but he had endurance on his side, if he could keep her fighting long enough he knew he would be able to defeat her. Her laughter kept throwing him off balance, as if this was all a game to her, that he was something to play with.

He would never know though if he would have been able to wear her down as a large rock hit the back of his knee, causing it to go numb and collapse on him. He stumbled and the girl took advantage of it, her shoulders hitting him with such force he didn't think possible, allowing her to ride him to the ground.

The spikes on her armor were not merely decoration, he found out, as they piece his chest and abdomen. She actually had to pull herself away from him, as some of the spikes caught in his ribs, he screamed in pain, trying to push her away, only to have his hands come in contact with more spikes. When she managed to pull the spikes out of him, she straddled his stomach and raised her swords to finish the job. Hate filled her eyes, he could only wonder what he had down to deserve loathing.

"Bhaal awaits thee, Bhaal embraces thee, none escape Bhaal. Especially you dear brother." She brought the swords down, meaning to end his life but an arrow appeared through her shoulder, causing her to scream and fall back. Before he could move the large man was at his throat with a sword, while the woman was being helped up by the other. "It's that f*cking pink haired trollop." She let out a string of curses as the woman pulled her over to the wizard. "Don't you dare kill him Charon! He's mine!" The girl was screaming.

"Wow, she really hates you. She wants to kill you herself, so don't die until she kills you. Have a nice day." Charon chuckled, dropping a bag almost on top of Sarevok's face before joining the others and disappeared.
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:

#4 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:59 PM

Twist of Fate 4: Not So Friendly Inn

?I don?t like this at all Winiski. Why can?t we just leave it be??

?Yes, I would love to hear the excuse you will hand Rieltar. ?No Father that?s not an arrow sticking out of my shoulder, it?s a lovely accessory that compliments the blood stains and also goes well with the gangrene.??

?Fine. Can I at least have a dagger, just in case?? The girl grumbled, unable to look at her teacher. Winski smiled gently at his student as he handed her one of the spare daggers. He had given up on weaning her of the weapons. He supposed they were like a security blanket to her. A sharp pointy security blanket.

She draped a blanket of her body, covering her chest plate baring the symbol of Bhaal and it allowed her to hold the dagger in her lap hidden. She sighed as she steeled herself for the healer. Hopefully the healer would be nice.

---

?There child, the wound is healed but you will need to rest it for a while. I am a druid not a miracle worker.? Anna griped her dagger with frustration, how was she to explain this to Rieltar? He was likely to break her arm in a fit of rage, and then tell the public she had fallen down the stairs?again. By the gods, the world must think her extremely clumsy by now. Of course if anyone believed her father they had to be extremely stupid.

?W-were you attacked in the a-a-area ne-nearby? We are a-a-awaiting friends.?

?We came from the library Candlekeep, my sister and tutor wished to do research.? Charon answered from his post just outside the room. Tamoko had gone off to clean the weapons and settle down with some tea. Winski as always was missing. The wizard would show up when needed, whether it be for a comforting word, a scolding or a horribly long and boring lesson on the value of patience in waiting to take over the world. He was hearing those more often. He was tired of waiting at the very least Winski could let him kill Rieltar! ?They enjoy going through the dusty tomes there and speaking with decaying old monks there. Or would it be better to say decaying books and dusty monks??

The half-elf just gave a small smile at his attempt at joking. Charon was funny he knew he was. Wasn?t he? At any rate he was in his glory, back to being the tallest man around. It still irked him that Sarevok had at least six inches on him.

?Candlekeep! Ja-jaheira!? The man tried several times to get words out but the druid tending Anna just waved him off.

?Do not be ridiculous. Sarevok is with him. He?s strong enough to defend this inn single handedly.? Charon turned to look at his sister, her eyes were bloodshot from holding in her screams. Apparently the arrow had been poisonous with all the pink paint on it and had been hard to remove. He was now waiting for the reaction to her other brother?s name.

?Sarevok? Is that a common name??

?I do not believe so child. Why do you ask??

?I met a man with that name, his companion was quite?interesting?

Her pause caused Jaheria to ask. ?Was it a sage named Gorion??

?Yes but there was another. Someone important.? Charon placed his hand on hilt of his great axe, awaiting the punch line.

?Another?? The pink arrow! Why would Imoen attack you?? Jaheria couldn?t believe what she saw as she reached for her staff. The girl let her sheet fall revealing a symbol. A skull and blood drops of Bhaal. She could only stare in shook as blood freshly covered the symbol as a dagger was plunged into her stomach.

?No, my brother?s companion is death.? Anna laughed as the other was caught by Charon. The druid was in shock and wasn?t fighting back as she laid her on the bed.

Charon forced Khalid to watch as his wife?s eyes were carved out of her skull by that demon child. He was so focused on trying to help Jaheria that he almost didn?t hear the girl.

?Don?t kill him Charon, I need a new pet.?

?What about her??

?I needed some druid eyes.?

?Killing her or not??

?No, I think she?ll be a gift to my brother. If he gets here before I get bored.? She winked at him. ?Let?s kill everyone!? He was eager as a puppy when he agreed.

---

?Oh no! What am I going to do?? Imoen asked herself for the eighth time. She had just emptied the last of her potions in a vain effort to heal Sarevok. His stomach was still full of holes as were his hands. His eyes were glazed and his breathing shallow. She couldn?t lose both of them. They were her family. She looked around, her eyes avoiding Gorion?s corpse and saw the bag the tall one had left. Half crawling half running she opened it only to find it full of bottles. On closer inspection she realized they were Potions of Superior Healing. She started to laugh hysterically as she forced Sarevok to drink before breaking into wrenching sobs.
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:

#5 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

Chapter 5: Why me?

They say a tapestry is worth a thousand words, she feel it was more like a sound was. There was never going to be a tapestry of her being hit and rolling down the stairs, but there was enough sound. Reiltar's angry voice followed her down the stair as she desperately tried to get on her feet. Her wounded arm was broken from the fall and her nose was gushing blood from the slap. She hadn't done anything this time, she hadn't said a word to him and that was the reason for this. She was being ignorant according to what he was yelling. Gods she didn't care, she just wanted to run away from him before he got down the stairs. She should have stayed down in the temple and never came back, but she always came back, why did she keep coming back?

"Anna! Look what you've done to the floor!" She received a kick to the stomach as her step father reached the bottom of the stairs, the force of it turning her onto her back. He reached down and grabbed her hair and started to drag her along. "You need another lesson, girl." At his words she started to struggle in earnest.

"Gods, please not again. Please no. I'll be good I promise!" She cried out as he threw her onto the couch. She knew better than to move, if she didn't fight him it usually didn't last so long. She squeezed her eyes shut, tears dripping out, as he removed his belt. She prayed to all the gods that it wouldn't last long, but they never cared.

---

Sarevok stared up at the dawning sky, wondering how he survived the night. He looked around seeing the remains of the night. Gorion's corpse lay to the right of him while Imoen to the left. Imoen? Was she dead? No, she was alive, her body would be dust if not. How did she get here? He sat up with a groan, marveling at the healing of his wounds. His shirt was in tatters but his skin was soft and pink in places but otherwise he was fine. He was sore as he turned to reach out to Imoen. She opened her puffy eyes and threw her arms around him.

"Sarevok, I'm so sorry." Were her first words to him. He hugged her tightly thankful that neither of them were dead.

-YOU SHOULD BE. DEAD THAT IS.- Bhaal's voice echoed in his mind. He ignored his true father on most days but something was different in his voice.

"You knew about the attack."

-OF COURSE I DID. I KNOW WHAT EACH OF MY CHILDREN PLAN. I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU, BUT THAT WOULD HAVE RUINED HER FUN.-

"Who is she?"

-SHE IS YOUR CLOSEST SISTER, MUCH MORE PRECIOUS THAN IMOEN AND MORE FRAIL THAN ANY OTHER.-

"Who is she?" He repeated.

-I WILL NOT SPOIL THE SURPRISE. SHE WANTS THAT FOR HERSELF. IN THE MEANTIME I SUGGEST THAT YOU HEAD TO THE FRIENDLY ARM INN. YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO MISS YOUR FRIEND.- Bhaal left with laughter echoing.

"Who are you talking to? Sarevok?" Imoen looked worried as she pulled away from him.

"It was nothing, I was talking to myself." She gave him an odd look but didn't question him. "Are you alright?"
"Yes, but Gorion, I couldn't save him. I should have came sooner."

"Any sooner and you might have been killed. Don't look to the past, you can't change it. It's the one thing that Gorion taught me about death. It's a hard lesson but you'll learn. Now, let us see to Gorion for the final time." He stood with her still clinging to him and placed her on the ground with a kiss to her forehead. They gathered up the signs that they had been there and Sarevok gently picked up his dead foster father. He had no clue as to what to do with the body, they wouldn't let him back in Candlekeep to bury Gorion, but he didn't just want to leave his body behind.

He had been an adventurer most of his life with the Harpers. "Imoen gather wood from nearby, don't stray too far." Within an hour they had a pyre built, now all they needed to do was light it but neither of them had the heart to do it. Staring down at Imoen, her face full of tear, he decided he must be the one to do it. She cried harder as the first flame rose, quickly eating away at the dry bark. He put his arm around her and stood there, knowing this would not be the first death.

-SHE'LL TEAR EVERYTHING YOU LOVE TO PIECES. INCLUDING MY LITTLE IMOEN, WHOM YOU STILL HAVEN'T TOLD HER THE FAMILY SECRET.- He ignored Bhaal as he watched the flames consume the only person who had been family to him growing up. -FOOL-

---

Hate and shame consumed her as she removed her ruined dress. It was soaked with blood and torn, Reiltar would buy her a new one of course, but it wouldn't replace what she lost each time he did that to her. She picked up the coarse brush and dipped it in the water and started to scrub at her skin, not caring how much damage she did to it. She could heal it easily, and would once she was clean. She scrubbed herself until she was raw and bleeding but she still didn't feel clean, she would never feel clean thanks to her foster father.

She finally gave up and put a lose tunic on. She walked through the temple wishing that she could stay here forever, safe in her own little world. She came to cell of Marvin, her ex-tutor and prisoner. She had him down here for years, he had caused her so much grief, telling Reiltar of how bad a student she had been. Oh she had gotten "lessons" from him even then, time does not heal all wounds. Marvin whimpered as she drew near, she put her hand on his arm and smiled.

Her wounds started to heal, her broken arm refitted itself, attaching to her arm back into the socket. Blood slowly stopped as the wound closed, her skin changed from raw to it's grey perfection. While all this was happening to her, Marvin was screaming as invisible claws tore his arm half off and open up cuts that had been on her skin. His skin redden as it became frail and raw. She pushed more power into him and it worsened. His arm was hanging on by a few muscles and ligaments, his skin broke out into sores that ooze pus. He was screaming as blood started to rain from his face as his nose broke open. He hung loosely in his chains as he finally passed out. She had to keep him chained or her prisoners always ended up committing suicide.

The dirty feeling was almost gone but it would come back, Reiltar made sure of that. She pushed it out of her mind. She had a meeting with a witch from Rashemen as she made her way through the temple back to the throne room, she passed a partially dark patch of shadows and wasn't prepare for the attack from behind as someone grabbed her. Before she could think, a dagger was at her throat and a thick accented voice reached her ears.

"So this is the acclaimed Bhaalspawn. (Hmm... I would have thought Charon was the one with the powers.)

---

With Gorion's ashes spread to the winds, they carried on, heading towards the Friendly Arm Inn. They encountered no one as they walked in silence, it was almost as if a path had been cleared for them. They reached the gates and were greeted by several men hanging from the portcullis. Imoen gasped in horror, he only turned away. As they walked further inside it became apparent that there had been a massacre. There was blood every where, inside the inn was the worst, the smell drove Imoen to start gagging. He left her at the entrance to walk further into the carnage. There were disemboweled people, ones with parts missing, it smell of a mixture of an outhouse and a slaughter house. There was a pile of entrails that appeared to be moving. He covered his nose and moved some of them with the tip of his sword. Under the stinking mess was a woman, a woman who's braids he recognized.

"Jaheira?" He said in shock.

"By Silvanus is that you Sarevok?" She turned her face towards his voice, only to have him smother a gasp at the sight of her eyeless face.
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:

#6 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:14 AM

Paths of Bhaalspawn

Jaheira wanted a bath, but more than that she had wanted out of the inn. When he helped her up, she had pushed him away to make her way to the door without help. Imoen had caught the druid before she walked into the wall and led her out of the inn. He looked over the carnage and the dark part of him that he kept hidden smiled at the pure destruction. The girl was not a discriminating killer, he saw all kinds of people here but it seemed that the men and elves had been tortured before death. So Gorion?s killer was a man hater and couldn?t stand the sight of anything elven. He noticed that most of the dead elves were missing the pointed tips of their ears.

The man shuddered at the parts that were cut off. There was something disturbed in the girl. What reason had she had to do this? Did she revel in the kill, she knew the chant of Bhaal, she had said it right before she had almost killed him. Did she see each death as tribute to their father?. As he walked around he could see that the bodies were arranged to be the tears, a giant skull painted in blood, Jaheira had been in one of the eyes, he looked and found a bag in the other. He squatted down next to it and opened it carefully. Inside was a note and a pair of brown-green eyes. He left the eyes and picked up the note.

Dearest Brother:

It has been so long since she?s seen you. You left her to a life of misery while you had happiness. Father is not happy at all, he cannot wait until you are dead. I can wait, I will destroy everything you care about, especially that little bitch of yours. Do you lie to her about our father? Do you lie to her about your real sister? Yes I mean Annalesca. Did you ever care about her? She loved you more than life, she was always waiting for you to rescue her. You never even sought out the truth about her. Find her if you can, I know where she is. But you may have to kill me to find her again...

He read the note and reread it several times over. Anna was alive? Gorion?s last words were about saving a girl and that he should have known. Now that he thought about it there was a black cloaked figure who had been watching him and Imoen in the library. Could that have been Anna? He paled, if it had been Anna, she would have heard his remark about favorite sister. The red haired woman must know her, she must have attacked them because of him. Gorion?s death was his fault. It was like a sudden burden on his heart, his little Anna in misery, thinking that he never loved her. He knew that the redhead must have convinced her to allow her to kill both of them. Anna must have found companionship in this other woman. Anna could never kill, he knew this, she was far too kind, at least she had been. Looking over the room again, he could tell that the actions of their mother still affected her, any sign of elven bloodline had been wiped out but he could still tell what they had been. He sighed to himself, she must be a murderess if she was friends with the redhead, how much she had changed. He had to get her away from that woman, maybe then he could steer her back on the right path and not that of their father.

---

She stiffened at the man?s voice, as he held the dagger to her throat. It was heavily accented, so she knew he was not from the Sword Coast. Where had she heard similar accents? She thought for a moment and placed it. He was from Thay, they had sent four wizards already to negotiate with her, she had sent each one back in pieces, each with a varying note. Thay must be desperate if they really wanted her on their side. Of course she made it sound like Charon was the Bhaalspawn and not her. He could be revived, she couldn?t. It was for the best really.

She wondered what Thay had sent her this time. She wondered if it was an assassin, but no, she could feel soft fabric of robes around her bare legs. It must be a mage, a cocky male mage, she could tell just by the way he was holding her tightly against his body. Another thought crossed her mind, how did he get in here? She and Winiski had secured the temple with all sorts of wards and traps. No one had been able to get in or out without being guided but this man had done the impossible.

?How did you get in here?? She asked, her curiosity showing.

?It was easy. I followed you through the house. Quite a family experience I witnessed.? It was like a slap in the face to have someone witness what Reiltar put her through, especially someone who she did not know. No, it was just as humiliating as when Charon or Winiski had witnessed her ?lessons?. She couldn?t bear the fact that someone else now know about them, she could feel tears pricking at the back of her eyes. She told herself she would not cry but tears started to slide down her cheeks. She pulled down on the arm that had the dagger, sinking her nails in deep, and slammed him into the wall behind them. She then elbowed him in the sternum, and still he retained his grip on her. She tried elbowing him again but he caught her arm and twisted it behind her, throwing her off balance. He kept her arm twisted up high on her back, making her go to tiptoe. He dropped the dagger and pulled his forearm across her throat, choking her slowly. The more she tried to get out of it, the more pressure was place on her. ?Do you yield, my little Bhaalspawn?? His tone was mocking but he loosened his arm around her throat.

?Never!? She raked her nails down her own face, drawing blood, then touched his arm, transferring the wounds with a little kick to it to him. He released her, pushing her away from him as he covered his own face.

?What have you done? You have ruined the magnificence that is Edwin Odesseiron! (You will pay for that. Oh how you will pay!)? It was her turn to hold him captive as she grabbed the dropped dagger and knocked him off his feet with one punch to his wounded face. He fell against the wall and slide down to the floor, where she took advantage of his position and straddled his legs, placing the dagger under his chin.

?Edwin Odesseiron? Did you really think that a Bhaalspawn would yield? I am not as weak as I appear.?

?I can see that now. (And much more.)? His eyes where not on her face, looking down she realized that he was focused on her exposed thighs. She just laughed, all men were the same. Show them a woman?s body and their thoughts went one way. She used the dagger to raise his eyes up to hers.

?I?m up here, Edwin Odesseiron. Now tell me what I should do to you? I?m rather out of ideas of what to do with wizards of Thay.? She giggled.

?Fix what you did to me and I will show you the pleasures that Thay can offer over Rashemen.? He said in a seductive tone, she had to shake her head just to clear it.

?Do you think me a fool? I know there are no ?pleasures? to be had in life except for the thrill of killing, and a little torture thrown in.?

?I do believe your experiences with your step-father has taught you that. He is not a real man, why do you suffer under him when you have power??

?Because I cannot reveal who or what I am yet.? She let the dagger lower somewhat as they conversed.

?Who tells you that you must hide from the world? Bring it under your heel, Thay will help you accomplish this. Rashemen wants what?s good,?He said the word with a sneer, ?for the world.?

?And what does Thay want exactly??

?They believe that if they can help a Bhaalspawn ascend to their father?s place, that said Bhaalspawn will grace Thay with their favor.?

?So what if said Bhaalspawn decides to take on Thay? After all I?ve only met weaklings sent here to impress me. Either Thay thinks that I am stupid or naive.?

?There have been mistakes made. We see that our prior representatives handled you... inappropriately.?

?Oh and how would you handle it? Sticking a dagger at my throat and trying to get me to yield?? She laughed. ?What you saw in the house is the weakling Anna, the simple minded, simpering, little girl, down here I am Annalesca, daughter of Bhaal, the mistress of pain and death.?

?I can see that now. A mistake on my part and know that Edwin Odesseiron very rarely makes mistakes.?

?And tell me did you think me so frail that I would break so easily??

?From the performance you put on in the house, what else was I to expect?? She raised her fist to hit him again and strangely found herself reluctant to hit him again.

?Why do I not want to hit you?? She asked unable to raise the dagger back to his chin.

?A simple Friend spell, very fast to cast, and works when they met your eyes, much like you?re doing now.? Damn, how could she have not felt or heard him cast it? Had she been that absorbed in cleansing herself that it might have cost her life?

?You?re indeed clever, much smarter than the last wizard.?

?Thay decided to send their best wizard. (And their best seducer.)?

?I see. And what do you think you can do that the others couldn?t?? He smiled at her as his hands traveled up her exposed thighs, over her ribs, barely brushing her breasts, over her arms to take the dagger out of her hands. He let it drop to the floor.

?If you will allow me the honor, ?He smiled seductively, ?I will show you exactly what I can do.? His long fingers traced invisible patterns onto her arms, his nails were well trimmed and clean. As she looked at him, she realized how well groomed he was, the nail marks on his face ruined the beauty of it, but it was still there. ?Of course, if you would be so kind as to heal this humble mage?s face...? She leaned forward, wanting suddenly to please him, she took his face gently in her hands, he never stopped tracing on her arms, had she been paying attention, she would have realized that it was put of a spell but her mind was clouded with emotion she had never felt. His hands glowed dimly but she was concentrating on his face. She drew near enough that her lips touched the first wound, she licked the wound, lapping up the little blood, as she licked the wound closed and reformed itself back to it?s former perfection. She licked each of the nail marks, the blood exciting her, he had closed his eyes, allowing her to kiss his eye lids.

When she started to move away his hands came up and took her face in his hands and guided her lips to his. His lips were soft and warm, it was at first just a meeting of lips but it stirred something deep inside of her. His thumb pressed at the corner of her lips, forcing her mouth open a little. When his tongue touched hers, she fought the instinct to bite down as she always did with Reiltar. The wizard massaged her jaw, relaxing her as he licked the inside of her mouth, exploring, prodding and throughly taking control over her. His nimble fingers found the buttons on her tunic and made quick work of them, she felt the cool air of the temple on her bare skin. Then his hands where on her shoulders, moving slowly downward. Her skin burned where he touched, it didn?t hurt, it just felt different. He started at her shoulders, making his way down to her small breasts, she always thought them small but as his hands cupped them she didn?t mind.

---

Sarevok exited the inn, the flames licking at his heels. It was the only thing he could think of that would cover up the signs of Bhaal. Of course his father had plenty to say about that.

-NOW I SEE YOU ARE STARTING TO DEVELOP A HABIT OF SETTING THINGS ON FIRE. INTERESTING, DO YOU PLAN ON SETTING ANNALESCA ON FIRE TO REMOVE MY TAINT, ALSO?-

?I will never hurt Annalesca.? He hissed at his father.

-BUT YOU ALREADY HAVE, POOR THING ALONE FOR YEARS, ONLY TO FIND OUT HER BROTHER NEVER LOVED HER. HE REPLACED HER WITH A YOUNGER BHAALSPAWN.-

?Tell me where to find her!?

-FOLLOW AND YOU SHALL FIND HER.-

?Follow who, what??

-I BELIEVE I AM STARTING TO PITY YOU, SAREVOK.- His father talked no more. With the inn burning behind him, he walked over to the well. It was far enough away from the inn, that the women wouldn?t notice the fire until it was far too late. As he turned the corner, he was greeted by a sight, a sight he had never thought about seeing before and one that would haunt him.

It was Jaheira, she was standing at the well with a pink cloth in her hand, dipping it in the bucket, wiping away blood. What was most notable was the fact that she was naked. Imoen was behind her, washing blood off her back, she didn?t see him standing there with his mouth slightly parted. His face flamed red under his bronze skin as his sister peeked over the druid?s shoulder to look at him. He quickly turned away, he shouldn?t be having any thoughts in his head about her, while Khalid?s state of life was unknown. He walked away and sat down on a mossy patch of earth, he relaxed his body and opened his mind.

He could feel Bhaalspawn, he could hunt and track them, he knew how little or much of the taint they carried. He also knew that each time one of the Children died some of the power was spread to the rest of them and the rest he didn?t know what happened to it. He remembered at such a young age Anna had a large portion of the taint in her soul, almost as great as his. Without the right influence he might have turned into a raging psychotic, trying to take over the world in the name of Bhaal, making his own why to godhood. He snorted at the thought. He would never have turned out that way. Bhaal held no sway over him... Well there were occasional times when he wanted to act on darker impulses, but he had never. As he opened his senses, he could feel the evil of Bhaal surrounding him, this place was tainted now by his sisters. Dimly he could feel Imoen?s small taint, he could feel a larger gathering of power to the north and the south. He tried centering on Anna?s unique power but something was blocking him. Or someone he realized as his father just chuckled in his head. It looked like Bhaal wasn?t going to make this easy for him.

He was interrupted as a hand came down on his shoulder, looking up he saw the blindfolded Jaheira. She was clothed in semi-tight pink clothing that could only belong to Imoen. No one else ever had that much pink, even the blindfold was pink.

?Do you feel any better Jaheira?? He asked.

?Yes, of course. I feel wonderful, Sarevok, I?m blind and most assuredly dressed in pink.? He smiled to himself, she was feeling better if she was talking like that. ?Do not smiled like that.? She said as she swatted the back of his head or at least tried to as she missed, catching him on the ear instead.

?Jaheira, my friend would I smile at a time like this?? He stood and hugged her. ?But seriously, how are you holding up?? The druid stood stiff in his arms but he held her until she relaxed.

?I can still see that demon child. I have never feel anything so unbalanced, so disturbing as that child.?

?Was it a red head or a black haired girl?? -Please don?t let it have been Anna.- He prayed.

?She had long red hair, but there was a black haired girl there too.?

?Did they give any clue as to where they were heading??

?She said, ?Follow your path.?? Jaheira stepped back from him. ?She then healed everything but my eyes, she said that she would leave my eyes as a reminder to you for not seeing her. What did she mean??

?The black haired girl, she is my sister Anna.? She turned away from him, her skin paled.

?Sarevok, one of the reasons why Gorion was bringing you here was to have you sit down and discuss what we had only found out a year ago.?

?What did you find?? Bhaal was laughing. This could not be good.

?Your sister never died. She was taken in by a family and raised as their daughter. It appears that she was greatly abused.? Jaheira said bluntly as she turned back to him.

?You and Khalid knew about this and you didn?t tell me?? He fairly shouted.

?Who is Khalid?? The druid asked in return.
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:

#7 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:10 PM

Twist of Fate 7- Father's mischief

Sarevok stared at Jaheira and was struck speechless, he did the only thing he could think of. ?Imoen! Get over here!? She came running, not understanding the urgency in his voice.

?What?s up?? She looked back and forth between the two. Had something happened? She had been too busy washing blood off of the half-elf?s clothing to notice their exchange.

?Do you sense any magic, anything out of the ordinary on Jaheira?? He asked. Imoen circled around the woman and nodded her head.

?There?s something dark and cloudy covering her mind.?

?Dark and cloudy? Where do you come up with such things Imoen? I am perfectly fine. Minus my eyes.?

?Is there anything you can do about it?? He ignored Jaheira, knowing that even though Imoen was new to magic, she had the talent. Just like his resistance to all things magical, magic ran in her veins.

?It?s some kind of spell that she has to break, all I can tell you is it has to do with her memory.?

?She doesn?t remember Khalid, I don?t know what to do.?

?But they?ve been together forever! How could she forget??

?I did not forget something that never was. There simply is no Khalid in my life.? Jaheira stated.

?Jaheira, I want you to think back, what were you doing here at the Friendly Arm Inn??

?I was waiting for you and Gorion to show up.? She thought for a moment. ?That?s when the girl and her entourage came. There was a wizard all in black, a woman wielding a foreign swords and a man almost as tall as you but more lean of frame, younger and paler. The wizard approached me saying that his daughter had taken fire from bandits. The girl had an arrow sticking through her shoulder, her chest plate I later saw had the symbol of Bhaal on it. I realized then that Imoen had attacked her. That?s when she stabbed me and started to remove my eyes. I passed out at some point and the next thing I remember is a softer tone from a different girl, she was the one who pulled me back from death. She said that I would have to suffer for you not seeing her, but she also said I was a gift to you. I don?t understand that part.?

?Why would Anna say you?re a gift??

?I heard one say that she doesn?t want to hurt you but the other said she did. She wanted you to suffer for never rescuing them.?

?How could I rescue them when I didn?t know Anna was alive and who is this other girl??

?Hey, I found this lock of hair stuffed inside of Jaheira?s pocket. Maybe we can use this to find her.?

-YES, PLEASE DO DESCRY FOR HER. I?M SURE SHE HAS SUCH PLEASANT SURPRISES SET UP FOR YOU.- Bhaal told Sarevok.

---

Anna sagged against his body, unable to believe what had just transpired between her and the Red Wizard. It had been over an hour since they started and she had expected pain, like always with Reiltar, but there had only been a little stinging. After that she experienced such pleasure, several times. She had never experienced something like that, she didn?t even know what it was, but she knew she wanted more. ?What was that??

?That, my little Bhaalspawn, is what is called an orgasm, something only the erotic onslaught of Edwin Odesseiron can give you.? His hands went over her shoulders, took her face in his hands and kissed her again. He started that rhythm that was becoming oh so familiar again.

-ACK! ANNALESCA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT THING!- Her father?s voice came to her. He seemed aghast at what she was doing.

?Getting my way to an orgasm, I believe.? She thought at her father not wanting to disturb Edwin?s pattern or his kiss.

-WELL STOP IT AT ONCE! A YOUNG LADY LIKE YOU SHOULDN?T BE DOING THAT. BESIDES YOU ARE FAR TOO YOUNG TO DO THAT. YOU HAVE TO BE AT LEAST FIFTY BEFORE YOU CAN DO ANYTHING CLOSE TO THAT.-

?I?ve never felt so good, I don?t want to stop.?

-DID YOU AT LEAST USE PROTECTIVE SPELLS?-

?What are protective spells??

-I AM FAR TOO YOUNG TO BE A GRANDFATHER!- Bhaal moaned.

?Huh? Who said anything about babies?? Bhaal only groaned. Her thought no longer were with her father as she climaxed again, this time with Edwin. He held her tight, taking care not to touch her back, as she hadn?t healed it. She looked at Edwin and lazily smiled at the look on his face. When he realized she was watching him, he closed down his face, the arrogant mask back in place.

?Well, that was certainly interesting. Tell me how is it after all I?ve been seeing, you are still a virgin?? He asked. Honestly if he wanted to hurt her, that would be the right question to ask. She wondered if he had meant it in a mean way or if he was just curious. She started to recoil from him, moving her body away from his, but a firm hand on her hip kept them most intimately connected. She tried pushing away with both hands, she just didn?t want to be touching anyone, they all got that look on their faces when she told them. Try as she might she couldn?t move. This was ridiculous she was a spawn of Bhaal. She should be stronger than him!

-THAT?S WHAT YOU GET FOR HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX. IT COMPLETELY DRAINS YOU. OF COURSE IF YOU HAD HAD SEX WITH A NICE FEMALE, LIKE I DON?T KNOW, TAMOKO? YOU WOULD FEEL REFRESHED.-

?So you slept with many men then Father??

-I CAN?T BELIEVE YOU JUST ASKED ME THAT...-

?You don?t have to look at me when you tell me, if that happens to be the problem. Just stay close. Let me comfort you.? She hid her face against his robes, allowing her body to meld into his.

?I don?t deserve comfort or kindness.? She whispered.

?Why??

?He takes me as if I were Charon.? Edwin managed to control his face but not his eyes. His eyes were almost aflame with rage. How dare that simian touch her in that way! Reiltar was less than a man, calling him a simian was insulting simians every where. He took a deep breath and tried to think past the hate, that someone had hurt what belonged to him. No, that was the spell talking. She didn?t ?belong? to him, at least not yet. Edwin had little, no, none, respect to men who abused women, especially in that way. The very fact the man wanted to sleep with his own flesh and blood was sickening but to do it to this girl was horrifying. She was one of the Children, the very essence of death, she should had put him to death long ago.

?Why have you not killed him?? Was a simple question.

?Because I want him to suffer, I want to strip him of everything he cares about before destroying him. I need him alive so me and Charon have something to hid behind for a while.?

?I see. Very wise of you.? He lifted her face and kissed her. He lifted her and sat her back down even closer to him. He was hard again and still inside of her, this close she felt as if they were one person. Her chest pressed to his robe covered one, the tightness of the fabric made it feel almost like touching bare skin. She was small enough that had he had extra joints, he probably would have been able to wrap his arms around her twice. He settled for holding as tight as possible, his hands on her hips, guiding.

?Anna is that you?! What are you doing with that man?!? A male voice came through the air, looking up she could see a small portal above her and Edwin. Edwin looked up, surprised at the voice and stared in the direction it came far. Above them inside the portal was a red faced man and a pink haired girl whom looked slightly younger than the woman in his arms.

?Father you could have warn me.?

-YES, I COULD HAVE.-

?So why didn?t you!?? Anna screamed at him in her mind.

-BECAUSE YOU?RE DOING EXTREMELY NAUGHTY AND SOMEONE SHOULD STRAIGHTEN YOU OUT.- She sighed and pressed closer to Edwin to cover more of herself.

?She is having intercourse, you ridiculous monkey. Or do you not understand what that is? (Maybe he needs a visual education.)?

?I can see that! I wasn?t talking to you!? If Sarevok had hair he would be pulling it at this point. ?Anna what are you doing with that man??

?She?s having sex, Sarrey.? Imoen commented dryly.

?Only I can call him Sarrey you pink haired bitch! He?s my brother! Not yours!? She picked up the discarded dagger and threw it at the portal, which shattered like glass.

---

The spell dissipated, the sight of Anna?s enraged face staring at him stayed with him. No, it hadn?t been him she was looking at but Imoen. He knew that look well enough, she had always been a possessive little child, it looked like time didn?t change anything. He remember well how when other children called him by his nickname how, how could he put it?, she went crazy, she was possessive and jealous of anyone who might take her place. He remembered countless times telling her that he would always be her brother, but she had always replied crying she was too elven to be his sister and not human enough either. Just thinking about that painful sight of her tear full face, he realize that he would never be able to reach her as long as Imoen was playing little sister to him. He knew that Anna would be crying now, and somehow he knew, just knew she would believe that he had found the perfect human sister to replace her.

?Imoen, don?t ever call me Sarrey, ever again. It upset Anna.? Sarevok said solemnly trying to control his anger.

?Well sooorrryy. I can?t help it if your sister is a psychopath.? Imoen replied rolling her eyes. The next thing she knew she was on the ground her face sting. She held her cheek and was ready to glare daggers at Sarevok, but instead found him holding back Jaheira.

?I would measure my words more carefully if I was you. You dare to upset my Sarevok, his sister means the world to him, before you were even born!?

?Have the two of you gone mad? She killed Gorion! She took your eyes!? Imoen said exasperated.

?Anna is not a killer, I refuse to believe that Imoen.?

?And it was a red haired woman who took my eyes.?

?And a red haired woman who kill Gorion. Anna?s hair is black.?

?They both have the same voice though! Can?t you see that they?re the same person??

?If they were the same person why would Anna try to hide from me?? Sarevok asked her. ?You don?t know her.?

-AND NEITHER DO YOU.- A heavy burden on his heart settled there as Bhaal spoke to him. He refused to believe his sister was a killer, or that she was the same person as the red haired woman. It sounded all wrong.

?Where is she Bhaal?? Sarevok asked of his father.

-YES, LIKE I WOULD TELL YOU. SHE JUST WANTS YOU TO FOLLOW HER PATH.-

?How do I know her path??

-FOLLOW THE PATH OF PAIN. IT IS ONE YOU WILL NEVER BE FAMILIAR WITH. YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED ME YEARS AGO, SHE COULD HAVE BEEN SPARED.- Bhaal voice was filled with regret.

?You could have told me!?

-BUT YOU NEVER ASKED, YOU FORGOT ABOUT HER.- That was it in a nutshell, he had forgotten about her and now everyone would pay for it.

?Let?s head out of here, we can?t be caught by the Flaming Fist.?

?Where to??

?South, Gorion had mentioned something about heading to the mines.? He put his arm around Jaheira and started to lead her away, while Imoen was still sitting in the dirt. She glared at the two of them and picked herself up. How could the two of them so easily believe a lie? She had heard the woman in the armor yell at her about having pink hair and she had seen no black haired woman like the one in the scrying, then Anna had yelled at her calling her a pink haired bitch. It was the same voice, hence it had to be the same person. Right? She would keep her thoughts to herself, for now at least.

-YOU COULD ALWAYS TALK TO ME, MY CHILD.- A familiar voice came to her.

?Who?s there??

-DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHO I AM. ONLY KNOW THAT I AM HERE FOR YOU. I WILL PROTECT YOU. DO NOT TELL SAREVOK OR JAHEIRA ABOUT ME NEITHER, THEY WILL, IN YOUR WORDS, FLIP OUT.-

?I?m going insane, aren?t it??

-HARDLY. WOULD YOU CARE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MOTHER?-

?Sure.? Imoen picked herself up and slowly followed her friends, giggling as the mysterious voice told her about her mother, who apparently was as much as goof as her. It was nice to have someone to talk to, someone who understood her and didn?t think she was silly. She liked it. She was sooo not telling anyone.
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:

#8 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

Twist Of Fate 8: Ignorance & Bliss

?Well, that?s certainly a different way of coping with anger.? Anna commented when she finally could breathe. She was laying on his robes, Thayvian silk and Thayvian wool. It was nice and soft on the temple floor. He had taken off his robes after she had stalked away from him, ready to punish someone for her temper. He had wrestled her to the ground, where his robe lay, with bold kisses and gentle caresses. He kissed her stomach in response. He worked his way up her body, settling against her, until he could stare into her eyes.

?You didn?t use any protection spells. Do you know what we?ve done?? He had a mischievous smile on his face. She shuddered as he caressed the area right below her belly button. His hand was so warm on her cooled flesh. It made her think of other parts that were warm, almost hot.

?No, I don?t know.? His smiled became wider. ?What?? She started to go pale. Something about that smile creeped her out. Why was he looking at her like that?

?We have created life.?

?What?? She gave him a look of pure confusion.

?You really don?t know do you??

?Know what??

?You will sleep and dream and you will chose.? He waved his hand over her face and her eyes fell shut. He stared down at her sleeping face for several minutes, noticing the small differences in her face in innocent sleep. He caressed her cheek, enjoying the softness of her skin, when he felt something sharp on his back.

?Give me a reason why I should not run you through.? A voice growled.

?Mainly, you would hurt Anna in the process. And you can't "run" someone through with an axe.? He raised his eyes and found the one he had first thought to be the Bhaalspawn, Charon standing over him. The boy stood with wide eyes looking down at him and Anna, holding a great axe, that looked heavier than him. He was lean, but muscled, the promise of the man he would be one day was held in that body. Edwin knew from his Intel that the boy was fourteen, had been in training as a warrior since he was five. He was often seen with his foster sister, Anna, as she watched over him, cared for him. Edwin now realized that the cloaked figure the boy was often seen with was the woman under him.

?Get off of my sister!? Charon raised his weapon, ready to cut him in half.

?Charon, put that down.? A woman?s voice rang through the temple. From the shadows, a woman with almond slanted eyes, skin a dusky brown, her body covered with just plain black tunic and pants emerged. Her hair was almost as dark as Anna, except she had highlights of purple and blue in her hair unlike Anna?s monochrome black. She walked with swaying hips, emitting a femininity that Anna only showed in her sleep, one thing he was going to change or try to change about her. The woman looked the scene over, taking in the robes that Anna and him were laying on. ?You are the Thayvian ambassador, are you not??

?I am.?

?May I asked what you are doing to my mistress besides the obvious??

?I have convinced her to aline with Thay.?

?Do not think that because you seduced her that she will have an alliance with Thay. She is not that hopeless of a woman.?

?Get him off of my sister, Tamoko!? Charon growled.

?Call the youthling off and I will move. (Though reluctantly.)?

?Charon, go to Winiski.?

?But-?

?Charon, go.? The woman stared up at him. The boy stared back at her with golden eyes and finally turned to leave but not before slamming his axe into ground before stalking away.

?Childish of him.?

?Quite. Now please remove yourself from my mistress.?

?Of course.? Edwin gently stood, making sure that he didn?t bother his sleeping beauty. The woman didn?t take her eyes off of him, they didn?t even waver from his face. He gave her points for not looking at his glorious body. He smiled at her, his look all male, the woman blushed slightly.

?I will now ask you follow me. Until she gives word, you will remain prisoner.?

?And if I resist??

?Then you will lose your favorite parts.? She smiled cruelly. ?After all what good is a wizard without his fingers?? Edwin who had gone pale, smiled at her quick wit. He bent down and covered Anna?s body with his robes and followed the woman.

---

They had set up camp just north of Beregost, Imoen had her own pink tent and had retired early. Jaheira and Sarevok were in his tent as Imoen and Jaheira were still mad at each other. Dinner had been a very strained silence. He had tried making conversation but that had failed horribly. Imoen was acting like a child, but then again Jaheira had no right to slap her, but then again who gave anyone the right to pass judgement on his sisters? That was up to them, because the gods wouldn?t save them from themselves. He sat in his tent thinking about his two sisters. There was Anna, who he hadn?t known was alive, the sister he had tried his best to forget she had ever been. Then there was Imoen, the sister he used to replace the first one, he hadn?t been seeing her for herself for years now.

What was he to do? If he didn?t find Anna then he would lose her, but finding her might separate him and Imoen more. But not finding her would definitely push her over the edge. As it would him, he couldn?t not see Anna and not wonder, could it be her that was destroying people? Would she go on a killing spree that the Sword Coast could not recover from? Maybe start a war with Amn? He snorted, no one would be that stupid, much less Anna.

?What amuses you Sarevok?? Jaheira asked, startling him. He had forgot she was sitting there, she had been so quiet.
?I was thinking of my sister.?

?Which one??

?Both, actually.? He smiled faintly, realizing too late that she no longer could see.

?What will you do??

?I do not know. Anna is already so jealous of Imoen, and Imoen thinks Anna is a killer, it would have me holding both of them back from killing each other. It would be a nightmare, but what is worse is if I leave either of them alone completely. Anna would see it as a rejection of her and would no doubt hunt down Imoen. Imoen on the other hand, will one day start hearing Bhaal, and if not cared and guided for she will become a killer like this third sister of mine.? He sighed. ?I do not know what to do.?

?You are in a hard position.?

?I know... Jaheira what are you doing with your hands?? He looked up and saw that she wasn?t sitting in front of him anymore. She was behind him, massaging his back and doing a fairly good job at it.

?You are tense. I, of all people, know this was a hard day for you. Remember, the human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty. You and your sisters are only part human, made by a human god who was full of cruelty. It is up to you to be compassionate.? Her hands wandered around to his chest so that she was hugging him.

?You know about me? How could you tell? Alianna never knew.?

?I am a druid, I can tell all things like that.?

?Really?? He was astonished.

?No.? She snorted. ?Under your tan you are very pale but also grey. I remember finding out that day in the barn.? He felt blood rush to his cheeks.

?It was a mistake, I should have never betrayed Khalid like that.?

?If I remember correctly it was one we repeated ten or eleven times. There was no one to betray.? She was kissing the back of his neck.

?Jaheira we must think of Khalid...oh right there... no wait!? He pulled away from the druid, almost causing the tent to fall on them.

?Please, Sarevok, I need to feel alive and this phantom you call Khalid, cannot do this. If I truly had a husband, why did I want to lay with you those times and now. Please make me feel alive as of old.?

?Jaheira...? He rose to his knees and took her in his arms and kissed her. ?I was so scared I lost you.?

?We?ll just have to see if you can keep me.? They fell back into the makeshift bed.

Later that night, Jaheira smiled as she ran a hand down his back. ?I don?t want to remember a man that couldn?t protect me.? She whispered.
---

Anna was practicing her sword work, with blades she had never seen. In fact she didn?t know the boy she was practicing with, but she did know him. She knew the blades too, but how? She stopped using them and just stared at the boy. He was taller than her, his body filled out with muscles and didn?t have the elf quality of slimness that she had. The boy looked about eighteen, his skin was a pale peach, his hair as black as night and his eyes the same as hers. The thought came to her, he was three-quarter human. Almost pure, but that wasn?t his fault, it was hers. She was the one that was half and half. His father had been human. Thayvian? Yes, his father was the wizard, what was his name again?

?Moma, is everything okay?? The boy asked of her. Moma? As in mother? He was talking to her. She felt panic over take her, this boy was her child? She stared at him and watched him brush back his long hair behind his ears. His human ears. She dropped her swords and ran to him, wrapping him in her arms. ?I guess this means, you?ll be keeping me?? The boy said.

?Yes, why wouldn?t I??

?Well there is the fact you just met father. Then there is the fact you kill anything elven in your own self-hatred. And I will be a part of you for thirteen months. It will slow you down, you?ll have to practice even harder. You?ll get all womanly and maybe look more like a woman should instead of a starved reed.?

?You?re trying to keep me from saying yes, aren?t you? Is it because I don?t know how to be a mother, how will I ever keep you happy? Or know how to take care of you??

?Just trust Father, he?ll help you, he?ll help more than you know. He can heal you.? The boy had tears in his eyes. ?Please Moma, don?t blame yourself.?

?For what??

?I can?t tell you.?

?What do I call you??

?Malek Dekaras Odesseiron at your service.? He said with a cocky smile and bowed.

?I do want you, just remind me, what?s your father?s name again?? She said shyly, her face heating up.

?Edwin, Moma. Don?t worry you?ll remember in days to come.? He bowed again and started to walk away. He looked over his shoulder and yelled back. ?No matter what it?s not your fault!? The dream faded and she slept with a smile on her face.
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:

#9 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

Twist of Fate 9- The Jesters

?I don?t want to remember a man that couldn?t protect me.? He flinched as he heard that. ?I don?t want to remember a man that couldn?t protect me.? He tried covering his ears. ?I don?t want to remember a man that couldn?t protect me.? He started to sing trying to drown out all sound. ?I don?t want to remember a man that couldn?t protect me.?

?P-please s-stop it!? He screamed, clenching his hands in emotional pain. He wanted to close his eyes but she had enchanted them so he couldn?t. He wanted to turn away but at every turn he saw it, in his mirrored cell. He could see her in the two way mirror that was facing the room, but she could only see him with the candles lit. She forced him to watch over and over. He had been watching the events of the night over and over again, she like to rub it in his face.

?Ooh but I love this part.?

?No. Under your tan you are very pale but also grey. I remember finding out that day in the barn.?

?It was a mistake, I should have never betrayed Khalid like that.?

?If I remember correctly it was one we repeated ten or eleven times.?

?Why would she betray her husband for some youth? Maybe it?s because that husband is spineless? Worthless? Pathetic? Or maybe she just need a good fuck??

?I-I will n-not st-st-st-stand for this!?

?And what will you do Khalid? You cannot run. You cannot hide. You?re my prisoner.? She stood and walked over to face the ginger haired half-elf. She also had a faint reflection of herself and arranged the red robes she was wearing. Red on red just didn?t work on her. Pity. ?You are filthy, the only thing you can do is die. I find you far too much fun to let you die just yet.?

?Jaheira and Sarevok will stop you, Jaxon.? The blood-red haired woman just laughed, taking on a distorted chord. Khalid?s eyes watered with stress and covered his ears again.

?So you know who I am??

?I was there when they cut out your tongue jester. I do not know how it is that you?ve done this. You should be dead.?

?Oh but I am. You know even with your tongue cut out you can still make noises? Turn them into beautiful sounds of discordance. You really want to know what happened to me? Reiltar found me, found my dislike of all thing impure, a delightful breath of fresh air after his time with his wife. I scouted him out perfectly. He liked that I couldn?t talk, assigned me as his wife?s midwife. Oh, that Semanntha, was a pain, she loved everything, even that little freak of a Bhaalspawn she had picked up. I made sure that whiny bitch died on her childbed. The whole time that little freak was staring at me, she knew what I did.? She laughed again. ?You know how they say your first love imprints on you and stays with you? I was her first kill, it took her two years to get it done but she did it. Slit me right across the throat.? She drew a line across her neck. ?I didn?t go to the Wall, I didn?t even make it to the Fugue plane, no somehow I got stuck to the little freak, the weakling was too- well, too weak to fight me off. I can take turns controlling her in moments of weakness, I can control her emotions, especially her hatred of your filthy kind.?

?Y-you are nothing but a r-racist Jaxon, I wanted to see you d-dead instead of merely having your tongue cut out. Y-you were the r-reason why I joined the H-harpers, to see that justice is done!? Khalid screamed at her.

?Ah you and your justice. You have no idea how delightful it was to drive the people to madness. And your parents, how sweetly you cried to for them! In fact that?s when you picked up your stutter.?

?I was just a boy then, but I will stop you.? He said firmly.

?You?ll have to kill Anna to kill me. And I believe that Sarevok will be the one to kill her.?

?No, I will n-not let A-anna die for y-your influence.? She laughed again.

?We will see as for now it serves me more to silence you.? She cast a spell and his lips melded together until there was no mouth, laughing as he clawed at where it had been. She waved her hand and the flames that revealed him expired. Jaxon pressed a hand to her head and swayed on her feet, dropping to the floor. As he watched, Jaxon?s body melted into the young girl?s, leaving the girl only clothed in the red robes, only her body didn?t fill out the robes as Jaxon had. The black haired girl, Anna, stood and shook her head.

?How did I get here?? She briefly touched her stomach, her face glowing for a moment. ?Nah, it was just a dream.? She didn?t cast Khalid a glance, she could only see her own reflection, as she walked out and shut the door.

---

They were staying in Beregost, at the Feldepost Inn, he was relaxing in a hot bath that Imoen had acquire by picking the pocket of a man named Marl who had started an argument with him as soon as he came inside. It ended up with him arm wrestling the man for the right to stay here. After that the man was quite friendly, it had caused quite a stir as other men came forward to see if they could beat Sarevok. He enjoyed the fun, the comradery, the sheer fun that he could play without anyone knowing his secret, but hearty disapproved of Imoen stealing every drunk?s purse. It let them get the best room and possibly a weapon of some kind for Jaheira.

She couldn?t just stand there, gods knew he could do all the fighting and Imoen and her stay out of the way, but what if by some change something happened to him? Imoen wasn?t trained properly in the arcane arts but she was good with a bow, but that needed distance. He couldn?t keep them twenty feet back, that would leave them vulnerable from all sides. A blind woman and a small girl like Imoen made good targets. He sighed, he needed to find others to journey with.

He closed his eyes and stretched out the best he could in the tub, remember how back how in Candlekeep, there had been one big enough for him to sink down in. He was hoping that Jaheira would come in and join him. He couldn?t help himself. He knew it was wrong and felt some how that Khalid was watching. No, that was his imagination, Khalid couldn?t be watching. Of course, Sarevok did have a high resistence to magic, but then Khalid had been no mage. He would have to ask Jaheira. He cursed to himself, Jaheira wouldn?t know either. Asking Imoen was out of the question.

?Yes, why not? Imoen, I was having sex with Jaheira last night and I have a feeling that someone was spying on us, can you help me?? He snorted. No there would be no asking of Imoen.

?I would tell you, dear Sarevok, but I think you are a fool.? He felt the anger across his skin as Imoen?s voice came to him, then her hand slapping him across his head. ?How could you take advantage of Jaheira?? He grabbed his towel and covered himself as he turned in the tub.

?Imoen! I didn?t know you were there!?

?Unlike you, I can be quiet.? Her eyes were blazing. ?I heard you last night! I told you there was something wrong with her memory, yet you took advantage of her.? She looked slightly sick. ?I thought I knew you. I guess I was wrong.? She ran out of the room leaving him cursing under his breath as he tried to pull his clothes over his head. Imoen ran down the hall and into Jaheira?s room. She found the druid half asleep from the day?s march... and most likely tired from not sleeping much the night before. ?Jaheira, get up! We have to leave!?

?What is this, Imoen?? She asked as she was pulled to her feet and had her boots put back on her.

?We have to leave. Something?s come up.?

?What happen? Is Sarevok all right??

?Don?t worry about him. He?ll meet up with us.? Imoen looked around and saw that most of his things were in the room. She ran around the room, picking up several things, including the map and his coin purse. And out they went.

---

Sarevok had gotten his clothes on, only after slipping and hitting his head on the tub. He had a nice welt on his head. Oh, how Bhaal was laughing.

-YOU CAN?T KEEP YOUR SISTERS. YOU CAN?T KEEP YOUR SISTERS.- Bhaal was actually giggling.

?Shut it!? Sarevok yelled over his aching head, as he walked outside, looking for his sister and Jaheira. Every thing was a little fuzzy at the edges but he was walking upright. ?Imoen! Jaheira!? He called to the darkness. Damn, he would have to find a torch, he couldn?t see anything in this dark. He had tried to call upon his infravision but with no success. He was just too human and not enough elven for him to gain anything.

?Is there any way that I can assist you, sir?? A young man wearing a bright yellow shirt and brown pants asked him.

?Yes, have you seen a pink haired girl and a blind woman?? He asked.

?I can help you sir, if you would just help me.? Sarevok groaned, everyone had a price. ?My employer, Miss Silke, needs protection, she hired me to find it for her.?

?I must do this quickly. I have to find my sister.? He said firmly. ?What do you need??

?I'm Garrick and I work for Silke Rosena. She's the most skilled musician and actor along the Sword Coast; in fact, she's to play at the Ducal palace before the month's done. But.....she's been having some problems of late. Some thugs have been hired by Feldepost to hurt her bad, because she didn't perform at his inn when she was supposed to. You can't blame her for not showing up, what with a villain like Feldepost running the place. She needs mercenaries to protect her until she's ready to go to Baldur's Gate. She's willing to pay about 300 gold. What do you say??

?Sounds fair, but I have to be quick.? They walked over to the Red Sheaf Inn, where a woman was waiting.

?Greetings, I am Silke, thespian extraordinaire. Well then, I assume that Garrick has explained what your duties are. You must simply dispose of the ruffians when they come to threaten me. They shouldn't be too hard to deal with, but I would advise you to strike fast. Whatever you do don't speak with them. One of them is a mage whose mystic words can sway even the most wise of men.? She didn?t look like one. In the torch light she looked like a dolled up fancy. Not his type either, he liked down to earth woman. Sarevok didn?t answer her, only nodding in acknowledgment. Three men came out of the darkness and walked towards them. ?There they are, prepare to attack.?

?Silke, we have come as you asked.? One of the men said.

?Quickly attack them!? She said.

?What is this? We have brought the jewels-?

?Attack them!? She told Sarevok. He just looked at her and punched her in the face, she crumbled on the ground. He felt guilty for hitting a woman, but it was obvious she meant harm to innocents. After all, he had yet to meet a mage that could influence him, except perhaps Gorion. -Oh gods, Gorion. How I failed you. I should have known.- He thought. Silke was getting back to her feet when the most horrible voice came out of the air. It spoke of destruction, the ending of all things. The woman was not unaffected, she started to scream and claw at her face. He could stand it, it actually called to his Bhaal essence. He looked for the source of the singing and saw the young man, Garrick, singing. He had a lute also, and was playing away on it, his head thrashing up and down as he played and sang.

?Stop it! I?ll do anything! Just stop playing!? She screamed. The three men had run away by now, leaving a bag of gems behind. Sarevok scooped it up and hid it on his body as he turned to her. She held out her purse of gold and was offering it to him, he took it along with her staff, sling and bullets.

?Goodbye Silke.? He upper cut her and down she went. Garrick stopped playing and turned to him.

?What will you do to her??

?She will have to find her own way without any money. Or her weapons. Let the guards handle her. Now will you help me find my sister and friend??

?Yes sir.? Garrick answered as he put the lute across his back.

Attached Files

My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:

#10 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:14 AM

Twist of Fate 10: Reading

Edwin sat in his lonely cell, a writing book his only companion. It was perfectly blank paper when he started, hours ago, now it held his observations and sketches. Her ears, he could see where they would have been long and beautiful, but they were cut crudely. Someone had taken a knife to her ears when she was young, several times, he could tell by the damage. He couldn?t imagine the pain as like most half elves, her ears were still extremely sensitive.

He could imagine she would have had long ears, ones that almost touched the back of her head. At any rate she was a beauty, scarred, but a beauty. That brought him to her back, it was lined with scar tissue. Her foster father was a mean one, even by Thayvian standards. He could see treating a slave such as her foster father did, but not a foster daughter. From what he had learned, he had his sources, she had been taken in by Reiltar?s wife, at the time they had no children. Two years later, the boy, Charon, had been born. The boy and her were close.

Speaking of close, he could feel her. He inwardly smiled, yes, his spell was working. All that he need now was the potion, the kiss and it would be sealed. He wonder to himself, did he really want this? The woman was beautiful, yes, beautiful with all her flaws. And she was powerful. She just needed direction. He could see whisking her away to Thay and showing her how people truly would treat her knowing her power.

She was a goddess in the flesh. He smiled at that. Soon she would be his goddess. He wouldn?t let her ever know about the spell or the potion. Well, even if she did, who could resist him? He let his eyes drift to the left and saw her standing there in his robes. Oh, how could he ever wear them again and not think of their first time together? He wondered if she had chosen? He knew the ability was innate in most elves and some half-elves, did she have the ability? He would have to wait to learn. Just as he would wait for her to speak.

---

She walked away from the cell again. Why did she keep coming back? He had-had done stuff to her! She should feel outraged, Father was.

-DON?T YOU DARE GO BACK TO HIM. HAVE CHARON EXECUTE HIM.-

?No! I don?t want that!.?

-MY DARLING ANNALESCA, YOU MUST NOT SUCCUMB TO THE WIZARD. HE IS EVIL. EVIL I SAY!!!-

?That?s just wonderful coming from you. You?re an evil god, remember??

-THAT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, I DID NOT GO AROUND AND SEDUCE INNOCENT GIRLS.-

?No, you just raped them!? She thought in a huff.

-THAT IS JUST HEARSAY. DO YOU THINK ANY WOMAN WANTED TO ADMIT THAT THEY LAID WITH THE LORD OF MURDER, WILLINGLY? OF COURSE NOT. MOST OF THE MOTHERS JUST SAID THAT THEY WERE RAPED SO THAT I WAS SEEN AS EVEN VILER.-

?I enjoyed what he did to me. What is the difference??

-YOU ARE STILL A CHILD! MY CHILD, I WILL NOT ALLOW HIM TO SEDUCE YOU INTO AN ALLIANCE.-

?What if he wants more than that? What if he wants me? As a person??

-I HAD NOT THOUGHT ABOUT THAT.-

?Is it because... you don?t think of me as a person with want and needs. You just see me as the daughter that must resurrect you.? She thought sadly.

-THAT IS NOT HOW I THINK OF YOU. I JUST THINK YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD, ONCE I?M RESURRECTED AND YOU WILL WANT FOR NOTHING THEN.-

?The prophecy isn?t meant to come to for years. I have to wait for the Five to rise before I can do anything.?

-....- Father was quiet and she was alone again. She didn?t like feeling alone, but that?s how she always felt. She cast another look into the cell and walked back to the throne room. Maybe if she talked with Tamoko she would feel better.

---

?You are Edwin Odesseiron, are you not?? A man?s voice came as him started to dozed off. He turned his head and looked at the man addressing him. He had started to fall asleep with his eyes open, something he taught himself to get out of lessons with his teacher... which never worked. The man standing there was old. Far older than his teacher, his hair was grey but still had some blonde in it. He was dressed all in black and wore mage robes. He also had a cane, but it didn?t look like he need it to walk. In response to his questioning gaze, the old man lifted the cane and hit a button. The end of it popped out a blade. ?Protection, from mere mortals.? He hit another button and it disappeared. ?But I doubt we will need it.?

?You are Perorate. The bastard?s wizard.?

?Not to mention the house tutor, diviner and necromancer. I see you are familiar with my employer?s handy work.?

?As far as I?m concerned you are just as guilty.?

?Do you know that sometimes he forces his ?lessons? on her in public, in front of other Iron Throne members?? Edwin just glared at the man. ?To go against him is to lose your connection to Anna and Charon. They have always needed care. They have always needed someone to plan for them.?

?So you let her be abused and use her??

?No, I try to distract Reiltar and make her see commonsense. And I wait.?

?What do you wait for?? Edwin stood and put his book down, walking over to the bars. His rage was barely contained. Gods help Reiltar and his wizard.

?I?ve waited for you. I know what you?ve done and that you only need a potion to finish it.?

?How?? Puzzlement crossed Edwin?s face.

?I will tell you what I know.? Perorate smiled like a child in a candy shop.

---

Anna sat on her throne. She hadn?t found anyone, it was like they were avoiding her! She wanted to get a drink but she found her body tired and sore in places she had never been. How did she really feel about that wizard? She couldn?t describe it. She tried to put it into words. It was like the sun, burning bright and consuming. She felt like whatever he did to her she need it like air. That was emotion she felt.

She wondered why she was still in his robes, true they were warm and comfy but she was probably messing them up. She did look good in them, however. She ran a hand through her short hair and sighed. She closed her eyes and imagined the Red Wizard kissing her again. She smiled, it warmed her. She could actually feel it in her chest and well a little lower.

?I imagine that you are sore. Here drink this.? She opened her eyes and there he was.

?How did you get out of your cell?!? She started to back up but the huge throne trapped her. He smiled and held out a goblet full of red liquid.

?A friend let me out.? He said as she took it and raised his own.

?Why aren?t you wearing anything??

?I believe it?s because you are in my clothes. ( I do hope to get her out of them quickly.)? He smiled and drank from his goblet. ?Drink, it will sooth you.? She looked at it and took a sip. That?s all that she planned on drinking but he tipped it forward and she found herself drinking it down. She felt dizzy and warm. Nothing hurt on her now. She dropped the cup and let it fall to the floor and stared at the wizard. He finished his own and leaned in and pushed her (his) robes up and touched her down there. ?Kiss me.? He breathed against her lips as he pushed himself inside of her with little resistance.

?Okay.? She put her arms around him and kissed him. She was soon lost to blissful oblivion.

?Now you are mine. Now and forever. (These bonds will always hold me. And I do not mind.)? She heard him say.
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier: