Last?(?) area in hell. The one with the tools and

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -Jonis-

-Jonis-

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:18 PM

Hi, is it possible to get some kind of walkthrough to this area?

Lite, which tools should I use, what are the hidden stones for and what are the levers(?) you can pull for.

and all tips on how to kill infernal mephits would be helpful.

/ Jonis

#2 Cam_H

Cam_H
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:22 PM

Jonis,

Relying on my very poor memory ... :wacko:

(a.) Can't remember, but I did it by trial and error with a combination of items that you can pick up 'hot rocks' with. I think that I tried about three or four combinations before getting it right. It was reasonably logical.

You will need to collect the stones to progress to the next area.

I believe that the levers don't do anything in Return to Trademeet. They are a hang-over from Icewind Dale 2 where they did perform a role.

(b.) I think I got Imoen to cast area of effect spells such as; Cloudkill, Death Spell, or Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wiltings (can't recall exactly which worked - although all probably should).

Edited by Cam_H, 06 October 2005 - 03:25 AM.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:24 PM

Some items become red for me, does it mean I cant use them or is it just something that happens?
I'm using a thief / Gentlewoman

/ Jonis

#4 Cam_H

Cam_H
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:42 PM

Unfortunately I don't have a saved game that I can check ... al17 might be able to point you in the right direction.

I doubt that it should matter, although you might want to try moving the items to another party member.

Sorry I can't be of more help. :(

Edited by Cam_H, 06 October 2005 - 01:49 PM.

#5 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:03 AM

well... I suggest you to choose a poker (this is quite easy to imagine), something to hold it and something hard to drop the things you pick up.

Some items become red for me, does it mean I cant use them or is it just something that happens?

it doesn't matter (however thank you, this could be considered a sort of minor bug :) ), just keep them in the inventory.

when you have the right tools, simply pick 'the hot rocks' up and speak to the demon again.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:59 PM

Yeah, I got it now. Before I read your instructions actually.
I was stuck with the stick, thick gloves and water combo. Thought to pick the pebbles away fro mthe other rocks with the stick, pick them up with the glove and drop them in the water so that they could cool off.

poker.... hah! I was thinking of the cardgame. =)
(English isn't my first language, so it took a while before I realised.)

Now I just got the body of minsc and realised that the undead thiefs actually ARE undead. So I used my turn undead on them. (a previously very neglected tool, before RTT)

/ Jonis