BP Series v3 released

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:03 AM

hey gang, i've got around to updating my BP series character scripts, and in doing so i've added some BGT functionality; notably:
  • auto-pause triggers have been changed to percentages instead of absolute HP values
  • weapon preferences have been tweaked to encourage missle weapon use
so now it should work with BGT-Weidu. note the use of the word should: i've actually done this for use with BP-Weidu, and so it uses KD's new detectable stats and spells.ids; if BGT-Weidu uses the same values (a reasonable assumption, but not necessarily an accurate one) then BP Series v3 should work a treat with BGT-Weidu. otherwise it's gonna be CTD-city. :eep: :ph34r:

it's probably not worth noting in this forum, but i'll do it anyway: BP Series v3 won't work with non-weidu BGT or with non-weidu BP. trust me.

links to the new version of the BP Series can be found in my .sig; post any bugs/ CTDs problems in this thread, and i'll try to get 'em fixed.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#2 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:45 AM

Thanks alot!!! I been waiting for these to be updated. You da man :clap:

ronin

#3 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:52 AM

as posted on the other release post:

[bpseries\baf\gMinionS.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 572 column 40-40
Near Text: )
[CheckStatGT] argument [MAXHITPOINTS] not found in [Stats.IDS]

[bpseries\baf\gMinionS.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 589 column 40-40

[bpseries\baf\gMinionS.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 606 column 40-40

[bpseries\baf\gMinionS.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 624 column 40-40

[bpseries\baf\gMinionS.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 641 column 40-40

[bpseries\baf\gMinionS.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 658 column 40-40

is it my stats.ids or is there something wrong with the install.

ronin

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:00 AM

answered there as well - try adding a return to the first entry of yr STATS.IDS (which is MAXHITPOINTS) and then try again.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:18 PM

If what you are saying is that BPSeries requires KD's new detectable stats and spells.ids (i.e. doesn't have these copies in the install) then the scripts will not be compatible with BGT-WeiDU unless you already have BP installed. I could be wrong of course if BPSeries comes with its own stats and spells.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:11 AM

If what you are saying is that BPSeries requires KD's new detectable stats and spells.ids (i.e. doesn't have these copies in the install) then the scripts will not be compatible with BGT-WeiDU unless you already have BP installed.  I could be wrong of course if BPSeries comes with its own stats and spells.

View Post

indeed, i am saying that the v3 of the BP Series requires KD's new detectable stats and spells.ids. the intent was to make it work with the BP-weidu beta, and with the BP-BGT-weidu beta that i know some ppl are mad enough to install; i was rather hoping, but not really expecting, that it would work with a straight BGT-weidu.

i don't think packaging a copy of KD's stats and spells with the BP Series is a great idea - the idea of guaranteeing compatibility with it by breaking compatibility with every other script in the game seems like a false economy...

and, entirely off-topic, and running the risk of turning this into a spam-thread - how long have you been in canberra for, ascension? last time i looked, you were in .sg, weren't you?

#7 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:06 AM

actually, i've just found a coding example for installing .bs files without having to pre-compile them (from the ever useful G3Tweaks, of course), so if someone wants to post the relevant .IDS files from BGT-Weidu (at a guess, SPELL.IDS, STATS.IDS and EA.IDS, and any others that are changed from BGII standard during BGT-Weidu installation) then i can make an actual, functioning, BGT-Weidu Series.

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:07 AM

actually, i've just found a coding example for installing .bs files without having to pre-compile them (from the ever useful G3Tweaks, of course), so if someone wants to post the relevant .IDS files from BGT-Weidu (at a guess, SPELL.IDS, STATS.IDS and EA.IDS, and any others that are changed from BGII standard during BGT-Weidu installation) then i can make an actual, functioning, BGT-Weidu Series.

View Post

The only changes are to ACTION.IDS, GTIMES.IDS, and MUSICLIST.IDS. No other IDS files are altered. Here is the .tp2 code for BGT-WeiDU:

COPY_EXISTING ~ACTION.IDS~ ~override~
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~AddJournalEntry(I:Entry~  ~AddJournalEntry(I:StrRef~
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~6 ONE_ROUND~
  UNLESS ~ONE_ROUND~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~12 TWO_ROUNDS~
  UNLESS ~TWO_ROUNDS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~18 THREE_ROUNDS~
  UNLESS ~THREE_ROUNDS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~24 FOUR_ROUNDS~
  UNLESS ~FOUR_ROUNDS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~30 FIVE_ROUNDS~
  UNLESS ~FIVE_ROUNDS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~36 SIX_ROUNDS~
  UNLESS ~SIX_ROUNDS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~42 SEVEN_ROUNDS~
  UNLESS ~SEVEN_ROUNDS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~48 EIGHT_ROUNDS~
  UNLESS ~EIGHT_ROUNDS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~54 NINE_ROUNDS~
  UNLESS ~NINE_ROUNDS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~60 TEN_ROUNDS~
  UNLESS ~TEN_ROUNDS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~60 ONE_TURN~
  UNLESS ~ONE_TURN~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~120 TWO_TURNS~
  UNLESS ~TWO_TURNS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~180 THREE_TURNS~
  UNLESS ~THREE_TURNS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~240 FOUR_TURNS~
  UNLESS ~FOUR_TURNS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~300 FIVE_TURNS~
  UNLESS ~FIVE_TURNS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~300 ONE_HOUR~
  UNLESS ~ONE_HOUR~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~360 SIX_TURNS~
  UNLESS ~SIX_TURNS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~420 SEVEN_TURNS~
  UNLESS ~SEVEN_TURNS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~480 EIGHT_TURNS~
  UNLESS ~EIGHT_TURNS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~540 NINE_TURNS~
  UNLESS ~NINE_TURNS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~600 TEN_TURNS~
  UNLESS ~TEN_TURNS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~600 TWO_HOURS~
  UNLESS ~TWO_HOURS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~900 FIFTEEN_TURNS~
  UNLESS ~FIFTEEN_TURNS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~900 THREE_HOURS~
  UNLESS ~THREE_HOURS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~1200 FOUR_HOURS~
  UNLESS ~FOUR_HOURS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~1500 FIVE_HOURS~
  UNLESS ~FIVE_HOURS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~1800 SIX_HOURS~
  UNLESS ~SIX_HOURS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~2100 SEVEN_HOURS~
  UNLESS ~SEVEN_HOURS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~2400 EIGHT_HOURS~
  UNLESS ~EIGHT_HOURS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~2700 NINE_HOURS~
  UNLESS ~NINE_HOURS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~3000 TEN_HOURS~
  UNLESS ~TEN_HOURS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~3300 ELEVEN_HOURS~
  UNLESS ~ELEVEN_HOURS~
APPEND ~GTIMES.IDS~ ~3600 TWELVE_HOURS~
  UNLESS ~TWELVE_HOURS~

COPY ~BGT/Modify/IDS/MUSICLIST.IDS~ ~override~ /* no chance of compatibility */

P.S. What country is .sg? I've always been in Canberra, Australia.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#9 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:29 AM

.sg means Singapore, no?

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:44 AM

.sg means Singapore, no?

View Post

Fair enough, I couldn't pinpoint it because I was thinking of European countries. Don't know why...but yep, I've always been in Canberra.

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:59 AM

The only changes are to ACTION.IDS, GTIMES.IDS, and MUSICLIST.IDS.  No other IDS files are altered.  Here is the .tp2 code for BGT-WeiDU:

ok, in which case, if you could forward me the BGT versions of SPELL.IDS, STATS.IDS and EA.IDS (cos they're the ones that the BP Series makes use of; in BP they differ from generic BGII; and i'm making an assumption that BGT is using the generic, not BP versions of these files) i'll add BGT compatibility.

and yeah, i dunno why i thought you were in singapore - i went back and checked my email and found out that i was mistaken. apologies for the brain-spasm.