Photo

Missing background musics/ambient sounds

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hipsu

Hipsu
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:31 PM

I'm new to BGT and to this forum, but I tried to search if this is a known issue. Found nothing

I started at the beginning at Candlekeep and immediatly noticed something is missing. Excluding the merry music coming from the Inn it's dead quiet.

Where are the sounds of life? I still hear separate sounds like past flying seagull or streaming water but no sign of that background ambient sound.

If I go to Inn there's quiet too, however the music suddendly kicks in after a bit waiting...
So is this a bug or am I missing something?

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:02 PM

I'm new to BGT and to this forum, but I tried to search if this is a known issue. Found nothing

I started at the beginning at Candlekeep and immediatly noticed something is missing. Excluding the merry music coming from the Inn it's dead quiet.

Where are the sounds of life? I still hear separate sounds like past flying seagull or streaming water but no sign of that background ambient sound.

If I go to Inn there's quiet too, however the music suddendly kicks in after a bit waiting...

Yeah, you have to stand in the same spot without moving the screen for a fair chunk of time before the ambient inn music comes in. Don't know why yet.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

In recon mission...shush!!

• 429 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, you have to stand in the same spot without moving the screen for a fair chunk of time before the ambient inn music comes in. Don't know why yet.

Hi,
I noticed sound weirdness in my game too; some areas of BG1 were totally soundless at first, I really had to wait them to catch my party...Yesterday I started BG2 portion of the game, and noticed that Irenicus' movies (the first meeting in dungeon, Imoen's kidnapping and sending to Spellhold) were all mute -almost. Sometimes the sound came back in middle of a sentence. The dreams' and dialogues' voicing seem to work fine, though. Is that background music/ambient sound related or a whole new problem? It's really weird.

Also sound related question; I noticed that parts of CtB and TS now had BG music where they previously had music of their own (Candlekeep chores music and Yoshi+Kachiko love theme for example). This is because the songlist of BGT is fully booked, naturally. I was wondering, would it be possible/easy to switch the music in an NPC mod to one of BG's original ones? I have Kelsey installed, and without any music in the background it gives a little bit empty feeling... What would be required to give him, say - Aerie's love theme? And would that switch be possible in the middle of the game (or would I have to start the game all over)?

EDIT: Nevermind, solved the sound problem by switching dxdiag from full to standard in my PC as "me" adviced in CtB forums. As for Kelsey, I started hearing his love theme aftef the two first dialogues...I thought BGT was supposed to erase his music??? :o Not that I'm complaining!! :D

Edited by minnamaarit, 12 March 2006 - 01:14 AM.

*Frak Ferrari. Frak Porsche. Give me Nimbus 2000. Or a levitate spell.*

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#4 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:17 AM

It's been a while since I've played BGT, but I seem to remember the battle music for the outside of the Cloakwood mines was wrong. I want the "Gorion's Battle" track back, darnit! :D

#5 Corvias

Corvias
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:59 AM

It's been a while since I've played BGT, but I seem to remember the battle music for the outside of the Cloakwood mines was wrong. I want the "Gorion's Battle" track back, darnit! :D

Music Problems here too. No music in Candlekeep (except Inn). No music during Gorion/Sarevok battle. A few minutes later (in the same area) when I got attacked by a gibberling, Some kind of froofy mandalin music started instead of the good'ol BG1 battle music. Other areas also seem to have the wrong music (if any at all). Inns always seem to sound right. Not necessarily looking for a fix, but if someone wants to point me in the right direction of fixing it, I'll be happy. If it goes really well, I'd post the fix back here too.

Thanks!

Oh! Installed mods: BD, BGT, BGTNPCv111, BGTtweaks, SoBH, DSotC, NTotSC, SOS, TDD, TS, BP, 1PP, tutuTweaks, Worldmap.

#6 -pro5-

-pro5-

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:01 AM

Music Problems here too. No music in Candlekeep (except Inn). No music during Gorion/Sarevok battle. A few minutes later (in the same area) when I got attacked by a gibberling, Some kind of froofy mandalin music started instead of the good'ol BG1 battle music. Other areas also seem to have the wrong music (if any at all). Inns always seem to sound right. Not necessarily looking for a fix, but if someone wants to point me in the right direction of fixing it, I'll be happy. If it goes really well, I'd post the fix back here too.

Thanks!

Oh! Installed mods: BD, BGT, BGTNPCv111, BGTtweaks, SoBH, DSotC, NTotSC, SOS, TDD, TS, BP, 1PP, tutuTweaks, Worldmap.

Did you install BGT GUI as readme file says? It should restore original BG1/TotSC music, as well.

I think Candlekeep never had non-combat music, as far as I remember it was like that in original BG1 (though I may be wrong).

#7 Corvias

Corvias
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:34 AM

Thanks!

Did you install BGT GUI as readme file says? It should restore original BG1/TotSC music, as well.

I think Candlekeep never had non-combat music, as far as I remember it was like that in original BG1 (though I may be wrong).

Well, not quite. I use the TS gui because I like the in-game font it uses. Much easier to read than the default BGII font.

#8 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:46 AM

Well, not quite. I use the TS gui because I like the in-game font it uses. Much easier to read than the default BGII font.

If you only want the font, you can install it by copying NORMAL.BAM and, possibly, STONESML.BAM from the TS folder to your override folder. These are the files for two main in-game fonts.

I myself installed their NeJ versions (Icewind Dale fonts) this way while being able to keep BGT GUI and music. :whistling:

#9 Corvias

Corvias
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:53 AM

I myself installed their NeJ versions (Icewind Dale fonts) this way while being able to keep BGT GUI and music. :whistling:

WooHoo!!! Thank You!
*Corviaa has his cake and eats it too*

Cheers!