• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:24 AM

LUMA5.2da came out of post-weidu with a bunch of spaces in-between lines, and was unreadable by DLTCEP and most likely the IE engine as well. I'm going through every 2DA in my override folder (not just yours) before biffing, so if I see any others with serious issues I'll let you know. ;)

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:29 AM

LUMA0.2da has the spaces as well and works great. DLTCEP needs to lay off the coffee.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:50 PM

LUMA0.2da has the spaces as well and works great. DLTCEP needs to lay off the coffee.

Even worse than shredded 2DA's. I found "overwriting" 2DA's in Refinements. Component 10, folder Hlab/_shared/copy/{XPCAP.2DA and XPLEVEL.2DA}. This, in turn, totally ruins any level-50 rules. :fish:

And from the current maker of weidu...heh, weimer was also one of the worst overwriting offenders! :lol:

#4 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:45 AM

Even worse than shredded 2DA's. I found "overwriting" 2DA's in Refinements. Component 10, folder Hlab/_shared/copy/{XPCAP.2DA and XPLEVEL.2DA}. This, in turn, totally ruins any level-50 rules. :fish:

And from the current maker of weidu...heh, weimer was also one of the worst overwriting offenders! :lol:

90% of the code in HLA revisions and Sword Angel is from Littiz, actually.

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#5 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:50 AM

For now, I've advised BP players to overwrite your overwriting files with BP's lvl-50 set prior to installing Refinements. This is the only real issue I've detected between the two mods, to date. Perhaps this could be addressed (by whomever from this team) in the next version?

Otherwise, I'll have to put a catch in BP's tp2 to look for (and eliminate) this, and every other 2DA/IDS overwriting mod(there are more mods than you would think, many considered modern "smart" weidu, that still do this). IMO this is not the right approach--the other mods should be brought up to speed. Overwriting rulesets, after all, can affect more aspects than just level-50 files.

#6 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:57 AM

Heh, right :)

However, if I have to choose between 'code a nifty new function in WeiDU' or 'address a bug in Refinements', I usually choose #1 because Ocaml is so funnier than tp2.

I'll make an exception and try to do something on it one of these days, though ;)