BP-WeiDU and Tactics

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:35 AM

Hello Horred :)

Glad to see Big Picture-WeiDU available to the public. :)

I have some questions :

- Is Irenicus improved finally in this version, or can players install Improved Irenicus from Tactics in the meanwhile ? Improved Irenicus should be installed before or after BP-WeiDU ?

- About "Red Badge", "Kuroisan", "The Ritual" : are they the same versions that the ones shipped with Tactics ? Can a player install Tactics versions of theses (because Tactics is translated in French) ? If this is possible, should they install Tactics before or after BP-WeiDU ?

- About "Ascension" : This is not clear, but I guess that Ascension-WeiDU is not needed, your version is standalone, right ? Also, you said that BP-WeiDU must be installed near the end of the install. But I have always read that Ascension-WeiDU should be installed first or so. So, what should I do about BP-Ascension ? :lol: I guess that mods that rely on Ascension-WeiDU should be installed after BP : Redemption comes to mind, Kelsey-TOB, and they must be several other mods.

(feel free to merge my post with one of the pinned threads if you like... I don't really know where I should have posted :whistling:)
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:11 AM

Hello Horred :)

Glad to see Big Picture-WeiDU available to the public. :)

I have some questions :

- Is Irenicus improved finally in this version, or can players install Improved Irenicus from Tactics in the meanwhile ? Improved Irenicus should be installed before or after BP-WeiDU ?

No, it is not improved here. Yes, it should be compatible--perhaps the only component that is.

- About "Red Badge", "Kuroisan", "The Ritual" : are they the same versions that the ones shipped with Tactics ? Can a player install Tactics versions of theses (because Tactics is translated in French) ? If this is possible, should they install Tactics before or after BP-WeiDU ?

Translate BP to French, and forget about Tactics until somebody makes it so it patches, not overwrites. If Tactics did this, I would have left Weimer's components in there.

- About "Ascension" : This is not clear, but I guess that Ascension-WeiDU is not needed, your version is standalone, right ? Also, you said that BP-WeiDU must be installed near the end of the install. But I have always read that Ascension-WeiDU should be installed first or so. So, what should I do about BP-Ascension ? :lol: I guess that mods that rely on Ascension-WeiDU should be installed after BP : Redemption comes to mind, Kelsey-TOB, and they must be several other mods.

Of course Ascension-weidu is not needed, nor desired. I have dozens of bugfixes over it, for starters. Or need I mention the "overwrite" issue again? It's fine where I said to install it, worry not. If Kelsey has specific ToB content, put it after BP. I played it once, for about an hour...I aborted it long before ToB. I've already listed Redemption and Turnabout here (in this thread)--any others anyone can think of?