32 replies to this topic

#1 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:13 PM

Hi all,

please find here all the possible bugs and problem i'm discovering during my game (installed mods in my signature):

-- WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS !!!! --

- Worldmap bug: after killing JetLaya's syster i cannot move from that location on the map to ANY other location. Map says me "Destination unreachable" wherever location i try to reach. I was able to move my party using CluaConsole command.

- Animation bug: dunnow why or/if it's correct ... bu i see SOME orc shamans, orc priests and ogrogs have incorrect animations. They use orc mage animation instead. Just some of them not all (weird indeed ...).

- Ulcaster area: this is due to NEj compatibility i think. 2 different problems here:
1) Unable to reach the Ulcaster area if i'm reaching it from the northest locations (i mean, i arrive in north part of Ulcaster. I got a CTD. I'm able to reach the area if i'm arriving from south for example.
2) If i reach the area (during BG part of the game) i got a quest form NEJ (from Hrotgar if i'm not wrong) and the journal has been updated also. I skipped the Ulcaster area for now with the "fear" it won' work lately when i begin NEJ part of the game ...

mm75

PS: i'm going to updated this list during my game ;)

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 28 August 2006 - 03:56 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#2 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:20 PM

confirmed, i got these too. i did the monster install exactly like described here: http://www.shsforums...pe=post&id=3587

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:04 AM

I'll check the Ulcaster one tonight. I was able to go to the North side of Ulcaster from the Temple of Lathander with no problems last night. I'll check from other areas north when I get home from work tonight. The only wierd thing I've noticed so far is I'm unable to map map edits anymore.

Confirmed the NEJ2 Second Key Quest journal entry upon visiting Ulcaster area.

CTD occurs when travelling to Ulcaster from Gullykin, the area with the Basilisks just north of it, and from the East Wood. Travel from Firewine Bridge and Larswood are perfect, and I arrive in the North edge of the Ulcaster area from both of them(you would think one would arrive from Firewine at the southern side of Ulcaster, but I guess not). Travel from Nashkel & Beregost direction is also good.

Edited by erebusant, 25 July 2006 - 04:39 PM.

It takes a village...

#4 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

CTD occurs when travelling to Ulcaster from Gullykin, the area with the Basilisks just north of it, and from the East Wood. Travel from Firewine Bridge and Larswood are perfect, and I arrive in the North edge of the Ulcaster area from both of them(you would think one would arrive from Firewine at the southern side of Ulcaster, but I guess not). Travel from Nashkel & Beregost direction is also good.

Correct, i was not so meticulous here, but i got a CTD from those areas too ;) Please Erebusant, may you confirm you have also the same Worldmap problem between Jetlaya sister's area and the rest of the map?

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 25 July 2006 - 10:16 PM.

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:54 AM

Correct, i was not so meticulous here, but i got a CTD from those areas too ;) Please Erebusant, may you confirm you have also the same Worldmap problem between Jetlaya sister's area and the rest of the map?

mm75

Just need to sweep through the Cloakwood Mines tonight, and I'll be ready to check that one out.

It takes a village...

#6 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

mm75

I have the same animation usage you have with the Orc Mages, Priests, and Orogs showing up as Ogre Mage animation.

Also, I have the same issue with the Worldmap v6. As soon as you go to The Forest of Lost Souls, all other points on the Worldmap change to "Destination Unreachable" ***Edit*** Worldmap issue is resolved (at least on my install) by CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("DSC002") after completing the Banshee. You can go to any other area for that matter, but might as well make it DSC002 to do the next step. Once you are out of DSC004 area "Forest of Forgotten Souls", your Worldmap reverts back to normal operation and you no longer get the "destination unreachable" error message in the scripts.

Edited by erebusant, 26 July 2006 - 09:00 PM.

It takes a village...

#7 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:48 PM

I have the same animation usage you have with the Orc Mages, Priests, and Orogs showing up as Ogre Mage animation.

Also, I have the same issue with the Worldmap v6. As soon as you go to The Forest of Lost Souls, all other points on the Worldmap change to "Destination Unreachable" ***Edit*** Worldmap issue is resolved (at least on my install) by CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("DSC002") after completing the Banshee. You can go to any other area for that matter, but might as well make it DSC002 to do the next step. Once you are out of DSC004 area "Forest of Forgotten Souls", your Worldmap reverts back to normal operation and you no longer get the "destination unreachable" error message in the scripts.

Yep, correct ... the VERY same for me ;) So i should say these are "confirmed bugs" :o

So far no other issues ... i'm just gone back in Candlekeep ... let's update after the week-end ;)

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 26 July 2006 - 10:49 PM.

#8 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:04 AM

Another one, it should be related to BGT Weidu.

- I noticed that in biography character's panel, there is the fully story of Bhaal and Sarevok. This SHOULD NOT be written at the start of the game ;)

mm75

#9 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:59 PM

Other possible bug found in Secret of Bonehill - part 2:

- Orc archers in the castle above Garroten don't attack me. I know it's correct BEFORE i kill the mistress, but they stand and watch even during the fight against the guards inside the castle and AFTER i killed the lady.

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 02 August 2006 - 12:05 AM.

#10 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:26 AM

Forgot 2 problems:

- (from Secret of Bonehill) Fabio has a ring he wears, but he cannot use it (the one who gives more spells),

- If i use some spells like "web" against the evil party in the area east of Nashkel (where Telka, lamallha, etc... are), Zeela speaks "someone has engulfed me, bla bla) and immediately after the game crashes. This happens ONLY with Zeela and only with those spells like web (of course only if she doesn't fail the save vs spell ;-) ). This should be due to some BP scripts assigned to her i think ...

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 02 August 2006 - 02:24 AM.

#11 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

Another one related to Secret of Bonehill (part 2):

- After killing the mistress and "everything" in the castle, i come back to Garroten. I'm attacked there by some guys (dunnow why ... but i guess it's correct, can u confirm Sir BB, pleaase?).
I also go back in the tavern and ... the story "can be restarted". As soon as i enter the tavern a guy teleport himself there and he says there is no point in continuing the search for assassins because Abraham and the others are the true murderers (really strange 'cause i just saved them at the castle!!!). Abraham is there, i can speak with him and ... i can restart the quest from the beginning, going to speak about the Baron's death.

mm75

#12 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:45 AM

Please could a moderator open a new thread (and teake away from this post) for the above? Just to keep clearer the bugs i'm finding,

many thanks,

mm75

#13 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:44 PM

UPDATE Regarding ANIMATION issue:

I DON'T HAVE anymore issues related to that with this very installation:

- BD 1.5
- Charming Rogue kit for Imoen(just the kit from NEJ2)
- Priest of Silvanus Kit for Jaheira (just the kit from NE2)
- BGT 1.01
- DSotSC 1.85 for WM6
- NTotSC 1.45 for WM6
- SoB 2.05 for WM6
- TGC ep1 for BGT
- Herbs & Potion add-in
- Kivan companion
- Xan in BG2 mod
- BG1 NPC Project (NO banters!)
- BG1 NPC Music Pack
- BGT Tweaks (major locations explored, bears resposive to druids&rangers, random activated traps, bag of the sword coast, altered spawn-tutu style, more bandit scalps)
- Ding0 quest pack (general AI improvements, creature & Area Improvements)
- BP 1.77 (everything)
- BG2 Tweak Pack (weapon animation tweaks, force all dialogue to pause, add bag of holding, exotic item pack, reputation resets at beginning of bg2, gems & potion requires identification, storekeepers have limited identification ability, unlimited scroll stacks, make Montaron an assassin)
- Ding0 tweaks (enhanced goodberries, corrected demon animation, kensai's ruy restored drow innate abilities)
- Cleric Remix (core install, cleric remix, all cleric kits, NO druidic remix, all ranger kits)
- Experience Fixer (creature reduction to 25%, no xp from spells, traps & locks reduction to 10%)
- Pixel Production project (everything but potion)
- Worldmap 6.3
- GUI (elminster wielding staff)

I know seanas stated BP caused that animation issue, but i don't have any problem with this installation, hope that could help ;)

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 27 August 2006 - 11:45 PM.

#14 radish_hoedown

radish_hoedown
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:29 AM

mm75, weren't we told to use the new fixpack as opposed to BD? or have i just got the wrong end of the stick?

#15 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:36 AM

mm75, weren't we told to use the new fixpack as opposed to BD? or have i just got the wrong end of the stick?

Oh, well ... if someone says me to fall from the mountain ... i won't follow it :P

Jokes apart, BD are fine for me now (moreover they would be a requirements eventually for NEj2 and TS) ... i can try the new BG2 fixpack lately, they just fix "original" bugs, but for now i don't care to update it in my installation ;)

:cheers:

mm75

#16 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:32 PM

"Forgot 2 problems:

- If i use some spells like "web" against the evil party in the area east of Nashkel (where Telka, lamallha, etc... are), Zeela speaks "someone has engulfed me, bla bla) and immediately after the game crashes. This happens ONLY with Zeela and only with those spells like web (of course only if she doesn't fail the save vs spell ;-) ). This should be due to some BP scripts assigned to her i think ..."

Confirmed CTD bug. Zeela script is probably dealing with the cloud spell but can't handle it because of another synchronous incompatible chunk of code. Maybe Horred or Dingo could take a look at it on BP forum.

#17 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:11 PM

Thanks for the confirm ... "guest" ;)

I also have another one regarding the Firewine Bridge. This comes from NTotSC. In the Tower, before going down to last level (where spiders are) if you click on "?" near the stairs it writes something completely wrong ... don't have the full text right now but it's not a description, more a dialogue ;)

mm75

#18 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:57 PM

Another one:

in Northern Coast area (the one with sirine and fire salamanders from NTotSC) i confirm that only some sirine attack you, not all. You have to attack them all so that they turn hostile,

mm75

#19 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:22 PM

Moderators, please ... his installation is completely different from mine, so there is no point in having it along with this post ;)

thanks,

mm75

#20 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:17 AM

Just to follow my topic ... now that i'm back with BG, i noticed that afterIrenicus' capture at Bg2 beginning there are 2 Imoens ... ???

I wrote in another post the bug as well, but i mention it here too ;)

Please, is there any chance to solve this issue? I guess the game will be "screwed up" if i force Imoen to leave from my party now ... ???

Thanks in advance,

mm75