Photo

Multiclass Kits

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 UnholyAngel

UnholyAngel
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:48 PM

In my last install, I got a CTD,when I tried to level my F/M/Lorekeeper of Ogma up, as soon as I reached the HLA-Levels. I suspect this was due to Refinment. I know it is stated that this causes problems, but is there any way to manualy assign a HLA-table to such a combination or is there another workaround?

Edited by UnholyAngel, 18 September 2006 - 03:50 PM.

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:02 PM

I don't think there's a way around this, sorry. Also, don't cheat and report bugs :)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:18 PM

I'd rather see that there is no possibility of using a kit with a multiclass character anyway. That's always the way my gaming friends and I have played. Better still would be the ability to play BGII games using 3.5e rules, but I realize that's not likely to ever be possible.

- E

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

I'd rather see that there is no possibility of using a kit with a multiclass character anyway. That's always the way my gaming friends and I have played. Better still would be the ability to play BGII games using 3.5e rules, but I realize that's not likely to ever be possible.

Technically, the engine allows you to kit a multiclass character (with one kit) so I dunno if it's "illegal." So does the Level 1 NPCs mod for that matter. As for 3.5e rules, BG has always used 2e rules which are quite stable (and better IMHO) but we needn't get into that here, as there are plenty of other threads for that discussion on this forum and others.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:13 AM

It's not possible to achieve this without game editors (it can't even be made possible by game mods).

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:06 PM

It's not possible to achieve this without game editors (it can't even be made possible by game mods).

Kit a multiclass with one kit? Even a F/M/C? I've done it with Level 1 NPCs. Oh, if you're talking about PCs, it only works on NPCs currently, but they level up just the same (and it even has a deprecated component to mod exported PCs, but it's quirky and deprecated for that reason).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:32 PM

You can't make a mod that allows you to select that directly in-game.

And, no matter how much you try to discuss semantics, I don't know how to, nor have any interest in fixing this bug.

#8 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:52 AM

Technically, the engine allows you to kit a multiclass character (with one kit) so I dunno if it's "illegal." So does the Level 1 NPCs mod for that matter. As for 3.5e rules, BG has always used 2e rules which are quite stable (and better IMHO) but we needn't get into that here, as there are plenty of other threads for that discussion on this forum and others.

Interesting POV, and yes, threads undoubtedly abound elsewhere, so...all I'll add is that, IIRC, 2E PnP games didn't allow an MC character to take a kit, as it was special enough for a character to MC (and back then, humans were sadly not allowed to MC).

- E

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:18 AM

What about Gnomes? They're able to select multi-class illusionists legally.

#10 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 02:21 PM

Gnomes had to select Illusionist if they were taking a F/M combination.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:38 PM

Gnomes had to select Illusionist if they were taking a F/M combination.

Right, but I think Guest's point was it's a legal "multiclass kit" combo, whereas the bigg's point was that all multiclass kits are illegal. And no, I wasn't the "Guest" in case anyone's wondering, though it looks like the sort of comment I'd make.

Edit: And that really should have occurred to me already anyway, since in my "Gnomes" mini-mod, I'd already adjusted all gnome mages to be illusionists if they weren't already, since that's the only legal mage kit for them.

Edited by Miloch, 01 January 2008 - 06:41 PM.

#12 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

It was my understanding that the game treats multiclasses more as separate classes than as some sort of ClassA + ClassB amalgamation. In which case, I'd guess that it would be more of a Illusionist/Thief class rather than a kitting of the Mage class in the multiclass combo.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit