close to home quest bug

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 -me&myself-

-me&myself-

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:18 PM

i talked to the weapons dealer in hlondeth who gave me the quest. if i understood correctly i'm supposed to leave the city right by his store. the game autosaves but then, when it loads, the game crashes to the desktop. most of the times the game's window is still there but frozen. once gave assertion error chdatatypes.cpp at line 1591. if i leave the city by the city exit the area brimstone bridge is greyed out.
i'm playing version 1.6

is there a solution to this or should i install v1.8?

thxs

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:46 PM

am i the only one with this one??
can't anyone help me??

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:41 PM

am i the only one with this one??
can't anyone help me??

Nevermind,,,

Edited by erebusant, 15 November 2006 - 01:50 PM.

It takes a village...

#4 morganbg

morganbg
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:13 AM

I have the same problem with v1.8

i have a CTD just after entering the area "brimstone bridge"

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 December 2006 - 04:45 AM

does nobody know a solution to this problem?

#6 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:03 AM

Give me exact area codes and problematic exit/entrance directions and I'll look into that.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:36 AM

Thank you for the answer and sorry for my poor English.
I dont have the area code ( if you give me the procedure i can have a look ) but the area is "Brimstone Bridge". It can be accessed from "Hlondeth" (western north exit) or via the main map.
About 10 second after entering this area, the game crash.
(I play with BP thus it can be an animation or another incompatibility, but it is the first large bug which I meet for the moment)

#8 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:48 AM

Thank you for the answer and sorry for my poor English.
I dont have the area code ( if you give me the procedure i can have a look ) but the area is "Brimstone Bridge". It can be accessed from "Hlondeth" (western north exit) or via the main map.
About 10 second after entering this area, the game crash.
(I play with BP thus it can be an animation or another incompatibility, but it is the first large bug which I meet for the moment)

Press X and see what it'll say in text panel.
Plz do this for both areas.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:09 AM

The area code for the first zone (Hlondeth) is AR3610
When I leaves by the western northern exit, i arrive in the area AR3675.
It is in this last area that the game crash

#10 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:22 AM

*** Fixed for the next version ***

To fix that locally just execute the following command line from your game directory and try your savegame again :) :
weidu --out override --biff-get-rest AM1700.*WAV
(make sure you have WeiDU.exe there)

Edited by King Diamond, 26 December 2006 - 05:23 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:54 AM

It worked perfectly (no more crash). Thank you King Diamond

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:15 PM

To fix that locally just execute the following command line from your game directory and try your savegame again :) :

Hi

Just got the same problem, CTD after reaching the bridge area.

This could be a really thick question...but, how do I execute the "command line"? Do I run weidu.exe scroll through the options then enter the *whole* line when prompted or am I supposed to do this someplace else?

I tried on weidu.exe, typed the line "--out override --biff-get-rest AM1700.*WAV", the window closed by itself without any confirmation then I loaded BGII, opened my last autosave (ie the save before I move into the bridge area) but still got the crash. What am I doing wrong :(

Thanks
Sam

#13 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:21 PM

Hi

Just got the same problem, CTD after reaching the bridge area.

This could be a really thick question...but, how do I execute the "command line"? Do I run weidu.exe scroll through the options then enter the *whole* line when prompted or am I supposed to do this someplace else?

I tried on weidu.exe, typed the line "--out override --biff-get-rest AM1700.*WAV", the window closed by itself without any confirmation then I loaded BGII, opened my last autosave (ie the save before I move into the bridge area) but still got the crash. What am I doing wrong :(

Thanks
Sam

Open Notepad, or wordpad, type the line into it, then "Save As", and name your file CtB Brimstone Bridge Fix.bat, then select "All Files" in the file type, and save it as a batch file. Put the batch file in your main SoA directory and double-click on it to execute it.

It takes a village...

#14 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:12 AM

I continue this thread, even if the first problem is solved with the solution of KD.
Now that this sector does not crash any more, I can still not advance in the quest ?close to home? : this sector is completely empty, normally a great battle between zombies and the Hondleth soldiers should take place.
Am I only one with this bug?

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:38 AM

I just check this area AR3675 with DLTC.
I get an error : "Trigger region #6 (TRAN3610 [5058.2]) has too large bounding box, possibly damaged polygon".
Any workaround ?

#16 morganbg

morganbg
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:40 AM

this sector is completely empty, normally a great battle between zombies and the Hondleth soldiers should take place.

I just try with a clean install.
(no mod, only Check The Bodies v1.8)
Everything works fine now.
I really enjoy this mod, full of great idea. Thank to the author and to every modder supporting the project.

#17 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:18 AM

I just check this area AR3675 with DLTC.
I get an error : "Trigger region #6 (TRAN3610 [5058.2]) has too large bounding box, possibly damaged polygon".
Any workaround ?

Ignore that.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#18 younes

younes
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

Hi,

I have taken this quest and I'm fighting the zombies on the bridge. But I have been continuously fighting for more than 1.5 hour (real time) now and slaughtered hordes of zombies: maybe 10 waves in the first position (but the Hlondet soldiers kept going at it, so they died and I had the move to the second defense position)., and now maybe 30 waves on the second positions (much more easily defendable as I can block away the Hlondeth guards from the front line and take care of it by myself).
Is it normal that the battle is so long, The ground is litteraly covered with bodies and items...so many that my game is starting to experience slow-downs...
Do I have the withdraw to the third position so see this battle conclude?

thanks for the help

#19 caillean

caillean
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:13 AM

Hi,

I have taken this quest and I'm fighting the zombies on the bridge. But I have been continuously fighting for more than 1.5 hour (real time) now and slaughtered hordes of zombies: maybe 10 waves in the first position (but the Hlondet soldiers kept going at it, so they died and I had the move to the second defense position)., and now maybe 30 waves on the second positions (much more easily defendable as I can block away the Hlondeth guards from the front line and take care of it by myself).
Is it normal that the battle is so long, The ground is litteraly covered with bodies and items...so many that my game is starting to experience slow-downs...
Do I have the withdraw to the third position so see this battle conclude?

thanks for the help

Hi,

I think you should fall back to get over with this quest. When I played it, I had to fall back to the very last postition, and after a few more waves of undeath one of the Hlondeth officers said that they are defeated and we should "check the bodies" :) Sorry for my English, I don't know how bad it is, I'm from Germany.

#20 younes

younes
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:07 PM

Hi,

I think you should fall back to get over with this quest. When I played it, I had to fall back to the very last postition, and after a few more waves of undeath one of the Hlondeth officers said that they are defeated and we should "check the bodies" :) Sorry for my English, I don't know how bad it is, I'm from Germany.

Hi Caillean,

Thanks for the tip, I have indeed to allow the zombies to get to the 3rd position to conclude this quest, I guess my guys where just too strong for the mod ;-)
And your english is pretty good...
Cheers to all Ze German players! :cheers: