Favourite NWNII mods

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:10 AM

I've yet to have any, but post yours. In time, I will myself :)

EDIT: Post #1000. Hoo-wee!

Edited by Grunker, 10 April 2007 - 10:11 AM.

"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#2 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:24 AM

I've yet to have any, but post yours. In time, I will myself :)

EDIT: Post #1000. Hoo-wee!

The one I've used most is Vordan's Hero Creator, since it's pretty useful for trying out new character ideas in a reasonably controlled environment. That though is really a utility module. Tragedy in Tragidor is a pretty good module and probably the best out so far. I've put a little about both of them up in the pinned Module Reviews thread. I have enjoyed Pool of Radiance Remastered but it's only chapter 1 so far :(

Edited by Bluenose, 13 April 2007 - 05:43 AM.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#3 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

What about AI mods? Once again, the challenge for strong tactical players is missing even on very hard diff...
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#4 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

The AI mod that seems to get the most attention is the one by Tony_K, which can be found at the Vault: linky goodness.

For MODules, I've played and liked:
  • Tragedy in Tragidor - I wish I could've had more influence in how some of the NPCs ended up in the epilogue.
  • The Subtlety of Thay - Good story, though the combat is ludicrously difficult in some spots.
  • The Pool of Radiance Remastered 1- The atmosphere hit me with severe nostalgia...it really felt like an old-school low-level adventure.
  • The Silver Princess - Well-made adventure despite the fact that the author didn't get a chance to finish it.
  • The Exile: Chronicles of Charnia - Er uh..can't remember that much about it except it had talking animals, and I had fun playing it.
  • Dark Avenger Ch. 1 - It has some flaws, but the overall story was intriguing and the characters excellent.
Some people like Dark Waters 1, and technically, it's a well-made module. However, it wasn't my cup of tea because the author wanted to railroad me into being another character. I'd still recommend it to others because it may be what they are looking for.

If you're looking for some MODifications to try out, I recommend the United Colors mod first. It expands the colors for each race to 256 choices. There should be a hue for everyones taste. There are spell fixes by REERON and Trekari and player1 that fixed some issues with my most beloved warlock. Oh yeah, it fixes spells for those other arcane and divine chuckers as well.

I don't use any other mods so far, because I make my own content (see my sig) and I don't want to have any conflicts as I test my stuff. There's a lot of good stuff at the Vault, but my time is spent with my nose in 3DS Max more than the game.
NWN2 Heads and Hairstyles, or How I Became a Virtual Beautician : Whatbrick's NWN2 Character Customization Collection
Bring out the Angel or Demon in you...or at least their wings: Neverwinter Nights 2 - Wings Galore Pak v1.0

#5 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

I'll throw in another vote for the united colors, and for Whatbrick's NWN2 Character Customization Collection

Other than that, I'm still trying to finish the original campaign.

Edited by Kellen, 29 July 2007 - 05:25 PM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#6 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:05 AM

The AI mod that seems to get the most attention is the one by Tony_K, which can be found at the Vault: linky goodness.

But it seems to be more focused on companions AI than enemies AI, isn't it?

#7 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:37 AM

I don't use it so I don't have a clue how it really works, but the title of it is Companion and Monster AI 1.3 so there may be hope. I just saw it mentioned quite a bit in the NWN2 forums.

The only way to know for sure is to try it out.

Edited by whatbrick, 30 July 2007 - 08:38 AM.

NWN2 Heads and Hairstyles, or How I Became a Virtual Beautician : Whatbrick's NWN2 Character Customization Collection
Bring out the Angel or Demon in you...or at least their wings: Neverwinter Nights 2 - Wings Galore Pak v1.0

#8 -Domi_Ash-

-Domi_Ash-

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

I'll throw in another vote for the united colors, and for Whatbrick's NWN2 Character Customization Collection

That's a must for anyone who'd play a char of Elven origin.

I still didn't have time to play any of the mods, but I am getting closer.

In plug-ins, I found the InCharacter to be the most useful for me so far.

#9 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

Is there a mod to change (or make bigger) the font shown in the dialogues/information text placed in textboxes? I can barely read it without harm my eyes.

#10 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

Every NWN2 related modification can be found at the NWVault. A quick search found this as a possibility. I've never used it, but the description matches what you are looking for, though it looks as if all the fonts are enlarged, not just the text boxes.

#11 flem

flem
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:43 PM

Two words: The Birthday

#12 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:33 AM

Two words: Link Please
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#13 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

I believe he means this one. It was created for a module contest by Obsidian but it stands on its own as a good, though short, module. I enjoyed playing it.