Update as of May 1st, 2007

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:34 PM

Edited by Erephine, 20 March 2008 - 09:12 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:14 PM

:crying: :crying:

WoW I was soooo looking forward to this!! Please someone help polish/finnish up what has already been done. I hope this won't all be lost. I can understand that it is very likely too much work fully finnish everything in BG2, but lets not let Erephine's hard work be lost!!!

Erephine, I am sorry things have not been going well for you, I hope your future is a bright one.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

Take care and be well. I've always loved the products of 1PP and I'm sure many many many people it will be sad to see you go. All the best!

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#4 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:44 PM

Dear Erephine,

let me just tell you first of all that there are plenty, plenty of people that absolutely love your production!

The fact that not many post in here is because your modifications work flawlessly and people do not need support!

Of course, it would be nice if they'd just drop a line or two to say "thank you".

I think you did a great job with your "magic powder", spread over BG2 to make it look so good!

Please do not give up your ambitious project! We will all be waiting for you to be ready, to be happy with what you created! I don't even want to hear about somebody else picking up your work! Only your mind can express such beauty for me.

Please reconsider your decision. Don't let your masterpiece miss the final touch because your art is a pleasure for my and many others' eyes.

I am and always be one of your fans!

And of course...thank you for everything! :wub:

#5 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:17 AM

:hug: :hug:

Thank you all so much... for the kind words, for sticking around. It really means a lot to me.

Edited by Erephine, 20 March 2008 - 09:12 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#6 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

I am glad that you are making decisions based on what *you* feel - there is enough going on in the universe that it is always ok to say "enough", and the immensely tedious and time-consuming nature of modding (particularly reverse engineering animations) is enough to stop whole teams of people from progressing. I certainly wish you the best... but to make sure you understand, I think you seriously underestimate the level of use and respect your work gets. As Salk mentioned, 1PP doesn't get posts because it is kind of like breathing - it just is assumed t be installed and working. I have had many, many Tutu WeiDU.logs roll past working through projects, and it is a very rare install that *doesn't* include 1PP. It certainly is on all my playing installs. Good luck in your next project!

#7 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:05 PM

Yes, just look at this to see how many people use 1PP.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#8 Oldwolf

Oldwolf
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:59 AM

Just my two cents but I LOVE 1PP :D I've been messing with mega installs for a while now and no matter what else I remove from them 1PP is ALWAYS installed. You just can't beat how much better things look with it !!! Sorry to hear you're having problems but life is a pain sometimes, I wish you all the best !!!!!!

#9 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

1PP - never leave home without it. 3 Posted Image's Up!

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:18 PM

Actually pretty difficult, was the process of extracting and converting BAM sequences in a useable manner. It was vital to export them as GIFs, since AVIs were exported with errors and would not work. To work with the animations, each of them had to be unoptimized and then converted to uncompressed AVI.

From there, the individual frames could be exported. (Three separate tools used so far)

I would be willing to explain to someone exactly how it's done, and the exact settings I used. I would send them my PSD action files, and link them to the software I've been using.

I'd appreciate if you could go into more detail re: any or all of this. If you don't want to turn this into a technical discussion online, feel free to PM me.

One thing I see as a recurring theme throughout this is "I would have to [do x] manually" which seems to be what I've noticed in my paltry excursions into the world of IE animation editing and the existing toolsets. I wish I knew more about programming, so I could write an automated tool to do batch processes on BAMs.

But honestly, and believe me on that, NO ONE is going to be prepared for taking up that work - not even if more than three quarters of it are already complete. It takes a sick mind to do things like that...

*cough* Well I may qualify on that last bit, but I doubt I truly have either the time or skill for this kind of thing. I know what an enormous task it is just to do one sequence, and I think few people truly realise that. Still, I'd like to see complete animation sequences for the shorter races. No reason they should get the... uh... the short end of the stick.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#11 -Ward-

-Ward-

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

Erephine your work is fantastic. I hope you realize how many people have appreciated it. I just keep coming back to BG and BG2 time and time again, for my money nothing as RPGish and enjoyable made today, and your work makes BG2 soooo much more enjoyable. I hope you realize arter this much time your work is only going to get more popular not less so. Thank you again for all your hard work.

#12 -Kane17s-

-Kane17s-

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:35 PM

Yeah, I've installed various modpacks and tried many different combinations with my BG game sessions, and out of several mods that I keep coming back to, 1PP is always there. To me, it just adds a layer of quality and finish that just kinda brings back the whole 'Ah... Baldurs Gate...' nostalgic feel. So, thanks a lot for your work, based on how many links I've seen for it on the intarwebs, a LOT of people are using it. Keep it up, and don't let us ungrateful swine ruin it for you :devil: