#1 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:18 PM

Posted Image
#8 Challenge:
Gorion's Letter
Deadline: Friday, 18th May (Notice: TWO WEEKS)
Post your piece in this topic!

Remember what it was like coming back to Candlekeep, going back to Gorions room, and finding a letter for you? Remember how you felt reading it? Now it's time to go back to that moment and illustrate the scene where <CHARNAME> finds and reads the letter.

vilkacis got this idea and I could not resist it. So far we have mostly had character illustrations, so I think it is time for an actual scene. Make it an intimate, touching painting of you PC showing his/her reaction to the letter, or make it a group picture with PC's friends supporting him/her, or draw your PC in Gorion's old room. How ever you imagined that moment and reaction, this is your chance to share it with us.

The medium is free, as long as it's your own, but that you all already know! Just like with Solar, you have two weeks to participate in order to get in the statistics.

Go people, draaaaw!

Edited by Ilmatar, 23 August 2007 - 01:40 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:52 PM

Guess it's only fitting that I'll be the first to post, hmm?

gorionsletter.gif

Mm. Touching. Uh. Yeah. Definitely. <_<

That's supposed to be Khalid and Jaheira to the left. The rest of them shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

..Khalid is like, really difficult to draw in Paint. The only thing that sticks out is his silly hat.

#3 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:26 PM

Ahahaha! Awesome! :lol:

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#4 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

:lol:
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#5 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

LOL! That was TOO funny! P.S I boinked your mother

I wanted to do a parody of the letter too but I guess this one will top them all o.o
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu

#6 Riane

Riane
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:25 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: it's just great!

#7 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:45 PM

A comic strip, if you will. Perhaps it's not as clever as Vilkacis' entry, but whatevah, I had fun with it :) . I'll likely make another one featuring the monk I showed in the first fanart challenge. Yay for us all!

Attached Images

• BGIIstrip1.jpg

(I like parentheses.)

#8 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:09 AM

Heh, vilkacis and Galsic, that almost sent me down in ROFL style :lol: shame on both of you - do you have even an idea how painful it is when you fall from your chair right under the table? :P
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#9 Neferit

Neferit

• 414 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:21 AM

Heh, I know it's tsupid but I had post it :woot:

Posted Image
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

►☼◄

►☼◄►☼◄

#10 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:05 AM

POW!! Right in the Face! #2. **Sigh** The last figure didn't scan right for some reason ('tis faded compared to the other figures). Something seems wrong with my scanner now, but I ain't tech-savvy enough to know what. Meh, whatevah, I'll take what I can get.

Anyhoo, 'tis the same thing as last time; just with my monk this time 'round.

Attached Images

• BGStrip2.jpg

Edited by Galsic, 08 May 2007 - 03:23 AM.

(I like parentheses.)

#11 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:12 AM

... and Imoen gets it in the face! Twice.

Thank you, Galsic. Much, much appreciated. :)

#12 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:31 AM

Oh, and my own contribution:

Attached Images

• NoScroll.JPG

#13 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:05 AM

:lol: Nice.

I do hope someone does an in depth, emotional scene yet. But these ones are so funny as well.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#14 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:08 AM

I do hope someone does an in depth, emotional scene yet. But these ones are so funny as well.

o/ I'm going to! Thank god for the two-week deadline. :D

Hayyy thank you, you wonderful peeps, for participating! Funny stuff indeed! :D

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#15 Neferit

Neferit

• 414 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:03 AM

I agree with Ilmatar - I maybe draw something more serious, too, but right now I have work which doesn't wait :wacko:

Edited by Neferit, 08 May 2007 - 07:04 AM.

►☼◄

►☼◄►☼◄

#16 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:25 AM

It's nice to see others post silly entries so I don't have to feel lonely :whistling:

I might be able to come up with something in-depth and emotional as well... uh... maybe.

Or not.

Um.

WOW, LOOK OVER THERE! --> :cookie:
IT'S A BIG SHINY DISTRACTION!
'kay, fine, so it's not shiny. But there's chocolate in it. Honest.

#17 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:29 AM

:lol: Nice.

I'm working on it Kellen! Just give me some time.
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#18 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:07 AM

Good jobs so far people! (Just restating the facts, cause I didn't want the post to be completely useless)

@ Deep Emotional scene promises
Oh, well...

I do hope someone gives me a million dollars...

#19 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

Don't even know why I bothered, but oh well...

final.png

Made from scratch in slightly less than three hours using only the Gimp. Some source files are attached in the .zip in xcf format. Drawing using only a laptop touchpad ain't easy, especially if you're artistically challenged ;)

Disclaimer: no non-free software has been harmed in the making of this comic.

Attached Files

Edited by the bigg, 08 May 2007 - 11:52 AM.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#20 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:33 PM

Hey! If someone has Baldur's Gate 1 installed, could you help me (and maybe a few others too) out and take a few screenshots? I'd need to see the floor where Gorion's room is, and of course the room itself, and tell me if Piato had a red monk robe on, or if I remember wrong. :D

Thank you so much to anyone who can do this. I have no idea where my BG1 discs are at the moment, and I don't have any savegames backupped for it anyway...