Temple for the heroes of the dead.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:04 AM

Please send your possible comment's in to here.

I see him,
As he arrives to the bank of the black river,
Like a noble hero,
Going home,
Defeated and alone.
And after a moment passes,
With a grim laughter,
He drowns all his fears and sorrows into the river.
Or so he thinks,
As he turns away and stands in the silence for a moment.
But then,
I open my eyes,
I stand up from the river,
And slash his spine open with my blade.
After which I speak to him.
"As I am a guardian of the dead, you should know that I can't be killed only by denying my breath."
After which,
I stare him with my green envious eyes as he tries to take his last breaths,
Only knowing to die either to blood loss or by drowning to the lost blood.

And then somebody asks.
"Well, is it worth it?"
And the knight answers,
"No, but you'll just got to do it, cause you'll never be able to live forever."

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 12 May 2007 - 03:02 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:55 AM

An old legend tell of us of an item, a blade called the Edge of the World, it was the instrument that the gods used in the creation of the world, the Ascarum. Ah, Ascarum now peaceful world flurishing under it's two suns. As you know the seasons are quite severe in here, and when Wirtairs dominates the sky, the world is cold and foggy. And as the Sulistar dominates, the worlds is warm and every living being takes what it can to store it for the furure.

The world is now peaceful, we as the humans that live here, are their own nation and though we have our problems, none of them have lead to a severe conflicts in the past since twenty years after the gods left for the unknown reason. Perhaps it was for the better, but many of us doubt that they have even existed. But belive me, one should never defy their will nor should you try to use them to your own advantage. The past tells about wars the gods inspired us to fight againts another.

Another legend tells that the sword was given to and used by a man with the blessings of all the gods of the Ascarum save one, to save it from a great danger as Ascarum was being invaded by some terrible creatures called dragons. As the man returned from the battle after closing the gate that the dragons used, he was greeted as a hero of the people. And as a reword, the gods gave the man a wish, a one that the gods would make sure would happen. When the hero considered his choises, he became to question the gods and finally desided to wish all the gods once more to bless the sword as it was his wish to increase it's power.

The gods obeyed, even to last one, even though all the other gods desagreeded with the man. For the last god was the god of chaos. And as the last words were said, a planerial vortex toke Mosgoron, the god of the death away, the samekind of vortex that brought the dragons in. The vortex was closed by the gods, but after, the gods disappeared.
Without a trace, without a given reason. Now this had the effect of us loosing the divinal magic, but as the reasons for the wars that the world fought were taken away, this had a little to no effect for us. The sword still contained a huge storrage of power, and the man desided to use it only when the world was in danger, a bad desition I would say, but one that could unite the humans.
And it did.
Eventually.

As the first news of the gods disappearance reached the people, huge prowls broke up. But as most of the magical creatures saw the weekness of humans without their guardians, the Edge of the World was needed once again, and the man that wielded the sword had to face the king of the wilderness, the gigantic Wyvern King.

The fight was swift and brutal, the wyvern came just enought close to slash the mans throat open with it's claws and that was it. The hero fell. But the magical creatures had to retreat, because another human had hire an army to fight for 'his' lands, and the Wyvern Kings open stomach wound was killing it. But then again the sword was still his.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:07 AM

This is a poem writen by a bard, of his last day.

Many times had I survived,
Through death at your side,
I knew you loved it,
As I knew you hated them with it.

For as cause of chaos I questioned it,
In my ignorance you hated me more,
And then I found a dagger coming in,
For cause of death, you answer with,
I don't know which words you spoke,
But the hurt was coming back,
For it I struck at your back,
But as you and them crushed my world,
Too long were the wounds,
No longer would I survive.

But I was just a tool,
For to bruise you,
For me to hit,
You had counted on it,
You knew I would hit you,
You knew I would hate you.

For they died,
For the pain they caused to you,
And to the pain you caused to them too.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

And this one is a note send via messenger, by a god to his brother.
_________
My dream of keeping the world of our making, has failed.
They are coming, and there is nothing I can do about it.
The defences I raised, have been erased.
They are just too strong to be defended against.

I write this to you, not because I hope I'll survive, but because I know I'll die.
They would kill you too, if I would come and see you.
They are mad, no, they are insane.
Ah... no, they know what they do, they just don't care what they kill.
And what do they do, I know not.
Should I, would I, could I, I have come to the conclution that if I did, I would have to became one of them.
One of yours,
...And die.

How ironic it is, that by denying our powers they have gained yours.
They don't even know, who or what you are, or even that you exist, in their consciousness. But as you have no ability to come back. I send this message to you, so you could know, you won, even though you already lost.