is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image
#9 Challenge:
Xan
Deadline: Friday, 1st June
Post your piece in this topic!

I belive Xan is a popular fellow and he has been asked for several times, so here we are! The ninth fanart challenge with Xan as the subject! I'm sure Xan will attract more drawers than the rather difficult eighth challenge with Gorion's letter.

You know the drill, people! You have two weeks to participate to get in the statistics, but illustrations are more than welcome in this topic even after the deadline. Any medium and style goes, as long as the product is your own! Here's his official portrait to remind you what he looked like.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Xan.bmp   203.72K   773 downloads

Edited by Ilmatar, 23 August 2007 - 01:43 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:55 PM

Oh, yeah! Here's a challenge I can sink my chalks into :D

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

Can I be a lazy bum and link to my entry in the "Gorion's Letter" challenge? :P

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#4 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

Can I be a lazy bum and link to my entry in the "Gorion's Letter" challenge? :P

Bah, that's cheating! :D I don't know if I can count it to the stats. Maybe I will count it as one entry, and two challenges? :D

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#5 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

I don't know if I can count it to the stats. Maybe I will count it as one entry, and two challenges? :D

That sounds fair to me.

Ehh. Xan, huh? Nuts, I can't think of anything at all. I'm doomed.

#6 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:20 PM

Ehh. Xan, huh? Nuts, I can't think of anything at all. I'm doomed.

:lol:

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#7 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:44 PM

Ooooh, I love this Challenge. This will be much fun.

I can hear Xan groan at my entusiasm to draw him, already.

You're not getting away, Xan, I need you as reference!

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by Jazhara7, 18 May 2007 - 02:45 PM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#8 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:11 PM

YAY! Xan!! I love Xan. But if I draw him...I have to include Menelanna as well. The guy has to have his girl with him or else he will be all sad.
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#9 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

YAY! Xan!! I love Xan. But if I draw him...I have to include Menelanna as well. The guy has to have his girl with him or else he will be all sad.

Sounds like Xan.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#10 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

Oh, heyyyy, and speaking of doomed, I actually got this idea here just a moment ago... :whistling:

doomed.jpeg

(...what, you think I need to invest in a bunker? A bomb shelter? A +3 Shield of Protection from Fangirls? Or should I just run like hell...? :unsure: )

#11 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

:lol:
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#12 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

Ahahahahahahaha. :lol: :lol:

Yes, I actually laughed out loud. So awesome, vilkacis. (As always.)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#13 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:33 PM

Oh, heyyyy, and speaking of doomed, I actually got this idea here just a moment ago...

Ha! I've seen this motive sooo many times in Xan fanfiction, I've forgotten how many, exactly. Domi has a nice story, for one.

(Oh, and, um, nice grave).

#14 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:35 PM

And great challenge! (Well, you knew I'd say that). Makes me wish I could draw as well as the guy who did the original Xan portrait, sigh.

By the way, to all the great artists out here: I am in bad need of Xan Banner, so... Just in case. :)

#15 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:11 AM

And now! For the retro sprite fans, here's a wave to what's probably the most hardcore game the SNES has ever seen.

SMT_Xan.png

(I wonder if I'll have to run from the fangirls again when they find out I made Xan a fairy, but it's the only race that fits him, honest!)

And here he is at 2x with interlace effect, like a properly emulated ROM. :new_thumbs:

SMT_Xan_2x.png

#16 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:25 AM

Vilk... Awesome, as always XD You really have THE sense of humour ;)

And, 'bout that SNES game.. From which have you taken the pic? I admit being ignorant when it comes to SNES (the only games from this platform I play frequently are old FF's)...
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#17 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:33 AM

A prequel to Vilk's awesomely-funny "Tombstone," I give you the darkly-humored comic (and totally irreverent), "Stickman Xan."

Xan_Stickman_11.JPG

I will apologize in advance for any perceived offense, and ask that you refrain from throwing heavy objects...

#18 -DOmi_Ash-

-DOmi_Ash-

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:29 AM

Here we go, m'lady Ilmater, m'lady Kulyok. A very magicky looking Xan. You don't want to see me trying to draw swords, so it's a young Xan in the Evereska Academy before he got the Moonblade.

Posted Image

#19 -Domi_Ash-

-Domi_Ash-

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:49 AM

And a darker background version:

Posted Image

#20 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:09 AM

Very magicky! I'll see what I can come up with during today's gaming session - great fun to sketch during breaks in the action.

berelinde's mods