4 replies to this topic

#1 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:05 PM

Not even sure where to post it...
I've got strange freezings in game. It's not a well known stutter but smth worse - it behaves as if my machine is too weak. When characters (either party members or enemies) move I can see only about one frame of 10. Pretty annoying since I can't manage a battle and easily can get myself killed during those 9 frames which I don't get to see. I saw the similar things when playing without 3D acceleration and there were many graphical effects on the screen. It occurs only when character moves, so if he stands and swings with a sword then everything is okay (though maybe a bit slower than it should be). It happens to me only on two areas of TS - TT0100 (the island where party arrives to) and TT0307 (the last level, where Kachiko lies). I've made a save and tried it on the clean TS install - everything was ok, so some mod appears to be the cause of problem. But I have absolutely no idea what this cause might look like.

The question is - what may cause such a lag when (and only when) a creature moves? On two certain areas? I would blame scripts but everything looks fine. Ideas what else can it be?

I doubt that my weidu log might be of much help here since I've already made a number of changes inside the game. At least I didn't add anything new and didn't touch those two areas.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #0 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De?Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #1 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #2 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector?s Edition CD.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #4 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #5 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.6 WeiDU
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Ritual (requires ToB)
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Bodhi
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #8 // "Kuroisan", the Acid Kensai
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #9 // "Red Badge" Poison-Based Encounter
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Gebhard Blucher's Improved Mae'Var
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #19 // Improved Undead
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Improved Golems
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #29 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Copper Coronet
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #34 // Slightly Tougher Demons // removed manually
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.11
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #4 // New Jaheira Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V692.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.9.2 (Patch)
~NPCKIT/NPCKIT.TP2~ #0 #0 // NPC Kit Pack
~NPCKIT/NPCKIT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Give Imoen Illusionist Kit] [Option 5 of 8] [Please do not install if you wish Imoen to have a different mage kit.
~NPCKIT/NPCKIT.TP2~ #0 #28 // Give Sarevok a Proper Deathbringer Kit
~SETUP-RUAD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ruad Ro'fhessa (SoA)
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Universal lesser mage robes
~SETUP-MONKTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wisdom bonus to AC for monks
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Enhanced Goodberries
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Improved Backstabbing
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-STOREPRICES.TP2~ #0 #11 // Raise selling values -> Raise to 150%
~SETUP-STOREPRICES.TP2~ #0 #20 // Reduce buying values -> Reduce to 67%
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #8 // No XP for learning spells
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // PnP Spell Progression Tables
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~SWORD_AND_FIST/SETUP-SWORD_AND_FIST.TP2~ #0 #1 // Monk Remix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~SETUP-APACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Chosen of Cyric Encounter
~SETUP-APACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shadow Thief Improvements
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #37 // Streamlined Trolls
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~SETUP-TRAPS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Trap cap removal
~SETUP-TRAPS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Magical traps spring without delay
~SETUP-TRAPS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Reduce trigger radius of magical traps -> 50% of normal radius
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities

Edited by GeN1e, 20 May 2007 - 02:32 PM.

Retired from modding.

#2 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:30 PM

Do you mean your pc will move, and then boom appears 10 feet away(while everything moves slow), and this repeats itself? If so that happened to me as well. I couldn't localize the problem though to a mod - I thought it was my graphics card. Once in the docks it was raining and was fighting someone (Gnome illusionist iirc), and my PC (and npcs with boots of speed) would move like that with the clock barely moving. I thought the game was about to crash. Of course spells and effects were going off all at once. After the battle and leaving area it went away.

#3 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:19 PM

I would say go to Black Wyrm and ask, this isnt a mega install and you are using Vlad's version of BD, Improved Anvil and NeJ.

#4 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:21 AM

Do you mean your pc will move, and then boom appears 10 feet away(while everything moves slow), and this repeats itself?

Exactly. A good thing to know I didn't dream it up :)

As for BWL I doubt I'll be welcomed there with my log and all that stuff that I've changed. Besides it seems not to be because of TS since on a clean install I saw no lag.

Edited by GeN1e, 21 May 2007 - 07:22 AM.

Retired from modding.

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:34 PM

I had this along time ago on an older version of SoBH. Take a look around the forum, I know the bug was fixed. It only happened on a few maps.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev