Challenge #1: The keeper of a little more, than just seven empty cells

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:39 PM

I welcome all the critiques anyone wants to give. This is a little adaptation that I build with a one basic idea.
I made spelling mistakes, I am sure about that, but as I can't see them, you'll just have to endure them.

The keeper of a little more, than just seven empty cells.

I was droped, by a man that had a little too many items. Ah, and the cold floor gave me a safe place to stay, after the hard landing on my face, of course.

I staid there, unmoved, unnotessed, unheared. I heared the sounds of battles, sounds of spells being cast and being hit, the roaring of bears, and other monsters, and I staid there on the cold safe floor, for hours.

Then I saw a paladin walking past me, but he didn't notes me, or clearly didn't even want to.

It must have been an eternity, that I laid there, for an imp.

When I opened my eyes, the light that luminated the hall was warm, whatever was happening before was over, I was alone. The ghosts had began their awakenings, the little secret that I hide for myself, one that my 'master', the great Bhaal spawn, didn't even know adout. What a fool he was, though they would have never have helped him, they were going to help me.

I stepped down into the dungeon, and there they were, all in their own made prisons. They tell me how great adventures they have been, what great secrets they can observe etc., but their soul is still bound to the prison, that their mortal coils were once kept in. A great magic keeps them in here. I must find a way to use their knowledge for the glory of the great unbeliver.

Ah, I have done it, I was able to subdo the great Tiax, now the world will never be the same.
As, I was able to take Aphril gift of sight, by promising her mine, what a fool she was, or did she already know that things would never improve to her and thus allowed me to take what I wanted.
I have no use for the Dilis gift, but it was the easies to overtake, so I toke it first, maybe I could use it some day.
Now the former warden Wanev had a some intresting history about this little savehaven. And my only regret is that I was only able to come here too late to rescue Alaras the catastrophe, an antihero.
I have no use for either of the two dog souled dimwits called or more precisely barked, Naljier and Dradeel.
And then there is the shard of the fool Bhaal spawn soul broken of as Irenicus toke it. If only I could tap to it, but there is no such hope, as I would call to myself too much attention for the moment.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 May 2007 - 03:06 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#2 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:01 AM

Whose point of view was the story based on? I try guessing which inmates but I can't remember. :P

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:56 AM

None, it's from the perspective of Bhaalspawns familiar, an imp. :devil:
Item code: FAMIMP

Read it again:

I was droped, by a man that had a little too many items. Ah, and the cold floor gave me a safe place to stay, after the hard landing on my face, of course... for an imp.

"I was his familiar, he came with his friends, he killed the rest of the guards, he ransacked the place, and took all things he though were important to him. Of course he didn't know what kind of horrors I would be able to release after just a few days of joy."

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.