94 replies to this topic

#1 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:40 AM

Version 1.9

Includes Candlekeep Chores v2.1 and Chores Fast Forward v1.1.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#2 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:35 AM

Not a bug, per se, but Check the Bodies Fast Forward has a REQUIRE_FILE for Setup-CtBChores.TP2, which is internal to the CtB folder now, as opposed to in the BG2 folder. Therefore, without modifying the TP2 for CTB-FF, the install'll fail. Just a comment.

Also, the installer for FF can't find the CBGORCLD.DLG in the KEY file, which I presume has to do with the files being rearranged in the new version. I suppose we'll just have to do the chores now, doggone it... <_<

Thx for all your hard work, KD!

:cheers:

DtD

Edited by Derkoth the Disgruntled, 03 July 2007 - 07:44 AM.

#3 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

Never mind... I just figured out that I'm an idiot. Scratch that bug report, and chalk it up to me not keeping track of my own auto-install batch files...

:cheers:

DtD

#4 -Falciron-

-Falciron-

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:15 AM

I reinstalled BG2 in the installation order that you suggested. After I finish the first day of chores, I play with Imoen and then learn Tracking. The next day, I looked at my special abilities twice. The first time, three SAs were in there, one of them being Tracking. The second time, I no longer have any special abilities, but my SA button isn't faded. Is this a problem with CtB or another mod?

#5 -Falciron-

-Falciron-

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:17 AM

Sorry for doubleposting, but I didn't want to create an account as of yet. The character I was playing with was of the Beastmaster class.

#6 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:47 PM

I reinstalled BG2 in the installation order that you suggested. After I finish the first day of chores, I play with Imoen and then learn Tracking. The next day, I looked at my special abilities twice. The first time, three SAs were in there, one of them being Tracking. The second time, I no longer have any special abilities, but my SA button isn't faded. Is this a problem with CtB or another mod?

Tracking must remain there at any time after you learned it, even if you used it once that day already.

As for other 'unexpected' abilities - that is a leftover of your CHAR initial abilities that he/she has at SoA game beginning. It's impossible to remove them all at once, so I do that in script, one by one. But sometimes not all actions are taking place (or working well). So plz take it as it is. In any case, after the next rest you probably will have them disappeared.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#7 Falciron

Falciron
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:17 AM

Tracking must remain there at any time after you learned it, even if you used it once that day already.

As for other 'unexpected' abilities - that is a leftover of your CHAR initial abilities that he/she has at SoA game beginning. It's impossible to remove them all at once, so I do that in script, one by one. But sometimes not all actions are taking place (or working well). So plz take it as it is. In any case, after the next rest you probably will have them disappeared.

Well, the two other SAs were expected, and I knew where the third came from. I'll try out resting the next time I play. Thanks for the quick answer!

#8 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:19 PM

Well, the two other SAs were expected, and I knew where the third came from. I'll try out resting the next time I play. Thanks for the quick answer!

Each time you finished another day's chores and received teaching you rest automatically before next day. So you shouldn't do that additionally.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#9 Falciron

Falciron
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:36 AM

Started a new char, Ranger-class, and I didn't encounter the same problem. I encountered a different one. :angry: I finished the first day of chores successfully, and then finished my chores for the second day. (8 jugs of milk is really testing my patience each time I do it.) Then I go out to play with Imoen and we have a friendly bout of tag. At the building near the barracks, my char stops (I believe this stop is like the one on the first day, before hide-and-seek) and Imoen comes. She then stops and no dialogue happens. I waited about one cow refill length :rolleyes: and I couldn't do anything at all. I'm going to have to do another second day of chores, because I wasn't prepared with a quick save. Has this been encountered before?

#10 Capreolus

Capreolus
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:44 AM

I'm having the same problem as Falciron. I do the second day of chores, go talk to Imoen, play tag. I then end up stood just south-east of the barracks and bunkhouse, with Imoen just south-east of me, both of us nodding our heads back and forth quite merrily, but with nothing else happening at all, necessitating an Alt+F4 closing of the game and reload. The only way I have found to avoid this is by not talking to Imoen until at least Day 1 Hour 18, the time of my lesson with Gorion, by which time Imoen has nothing to say to me, and I go have my lesson with Gorion as normal. I'm playing as a Sorceror class, and my current install is shown here. Weidu.log available if you want it.

Thanks

Capreolus

#11 Alina

Alina
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:51 AM

I had a problem with Imoen too. They ran after each other and then stopped near the barracks - and no dialogue happened. The cutscene had not finished - so I had to press alt+F4.

PS simultaneously :)

Edited by Alina, 25 July 2007 - 10:06 AM.

AERIE team leader

#12 Logitech

Logitech
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:49 PM

Candlekeep Chores is changing Gorion, Sarevok and maybe more voices from Polish to English at the beginning of BG1.

Edited by Logitech, 31 July 2007 - 04:15 PM.

#13 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:24 AM

Don't play with Imoen after the first time. I know it's tuff to find things to do, but at HR17 or 18 is when you talk to Mr.G and get your lesson. The play scenes are really not that important anyway.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#14 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:55 AM

I had the problem that I got Clarissa's quest to prepare the beds in- and outside of Candlekeep. I've done the barracks, but couldn't get into the Bunk House and the Priest Quarters. The doors opened just fine, but instead of the enter symbol I only get the usual text "Gorion has forbidden you to...".

There're no beds to prepare inside those buildings. Try to search them somewhere else.

Edited by King Diamond, 15 August 2007 - 10:43 PM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#15 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

I just got the assertation failed at line 15xx leaving Snowflake mountains as per the bug report found in version 1.8 thread. I do have a megamod install so that may be the problem as something may have gotten rewritten. Possibly still a bug in v1.9?

edit:OK, I found the possible problem and the fix from 1.8 by King Diamond but I have no idea how to edit a .BAF. I can't open with NI or DLTCEP
AR3535.baf: Replace EAGLE01 with EAGLE

Edited by Hoppy, 12 September 2007 - 06:15 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#16 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:27 AM

Baf-files are uncompiled script files. Simply open them with your text-editor of choice and make your changes. But that only works with a new install. For your current game you have to change it in the corresponding .bcs-file.

Moreover I had a look at my ar3535.bcs, definately no bug in CtB 1.9.

Update
It seems that the Company of Eight part of CtB wrecks the Forest of Tethyr (AR2600). The CO8 Cult of the Dragon entry was the transition to AR2602 where you could get the Mana Bow+4 (Bow13). Moreover TS-BP has one quest with Coran in this Cave (AR2602).

Additionally some Cult of the Dragon Members drop ridiculous amounts of gold. I went into the Cult of the Dragon Stronhold with about 154k. Just after my first fight with a Cult of the Dragon Lich (second room on the second level) I had 400k. And it gets weirder.
After some fights the Lore Values of all party members are extremely low. I've got the sensible Lore table from d0t-tweaks installed (with a few tweaks of my own). That means that Charname (fmt 11/12/14) should have 99 Lore instead of 27. Even if I'd play without d0t-tweaks it would be too low.

10th

Edited by 10th, 16 September 2007 - 07:08 AM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#17 Locran

Locran
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:31 AM

Oh jesus christ these chores consist of 95% waiting and now I encountered the imoen playing bug too :'(

God hates me.

#18 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:29 PM

Probable incompatibility with bg2tweaks and itemupgrade:

If I have the titanium rod in my inventory I get to the point where Cromwell remarks, that he could upgrade it if I had a the other part of it. And the it's an automatic END DIALOGUE. Normally Cromwell would check through the rest of your upgradeable items.

Without the titanium rod everything works fine.

10th

#19 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:27 PM

If the BGTMusic Mod is installed prior to CtB & RoT for that matter it fills the Songlist.2da file. Thereafter when you try to install either CtB or RoT when the music themes are being registered, the installation recognizes the songlist.2da is filled and attempts to register the music themes in the GUI switcher mod. Both of these installations are choking upon trying to copy ~sound.tp2~ so the alternate registration never occurs.

It takes a village...

#20 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

If the BGTMusic Mod is installed prior to CtB & RoT for that matter it fills the Songlist.2da file. Thereafter when you try to install either CtB or RoT when the music themes are being registered, the installation recognizes the songlist.2da is filled and attempts to register the music themes in the GUI switcher mod. Both of these installations are choking upon trying to copy ~sound.tp2~ so the alternate registration never occurs.

Try to put BGT Music near the end of the entire installation order, since you are likely to remove it when you get to BG2 (unless you use the hybrid version I guess).

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)