Photo

My first Mega-Mod Installation

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Capreolus

Capreolus
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

Hiya. I'm going for my first mod installation on BG2, and I'm going for a big one (or what seems a big one to me), so I thought I'd run it past you all here to make sure there'd be no problems with it, to make sure there are no conflicts beyond what limited amounts I can see in the readmes:

My proposed installation:
1: BG2-SoA
2: BG2-ToB
3: BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH
4: BG2_Fixpack-v4
5: SoSv1.12
6: TDDv1.12
7: CtBv1.9
8: RoTv2.1
9: TS_BPv6.10
10: UnfinishedBusiness-v15
11: D0QuestPack_v23
12: BPv177
13: BP_BGT_Worldmap_v6.6

These are the ones I've downloaded to install (except for RoT which, at about 326MB, I may have to leave downloading overnight or while I'm at work), and I was wondering if you guys can spot any problem with that. Problems I'm aware of:

1. I'm pretty sure I've read there's a conflict between one of the mods and UB-v15's Restored Minor Dialogues segment. I don't have the exact details to hand, is it something about Nalia's Keep?

2. I'm not installing BGT with this, but most installations I've seen seem to list it. Is there a reason why I shouldn't leave it out? Or will it work fine?

3. I heard NeJ was incompatible with some of this installation, so I left it out. Is there a way of getting it without cutting out any of the current installation?

Is there anything else I should be aware of? Problems and conflicts at all?

Many thanks in advance for all your help :-).

Capreolus

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:52 AM

Capreolus,
I would leave out the NeJ2 because you have CtB which has been known to be incompatible. Even with CtB 1.9 now it may be more compatible. Either way you have got all the big mods and you will run into some issues that can be worked around. Follow this and you should be OK unless you want NeJ2 then don't install CtB. Don't know why BGT is listed too unless you are going to have the whole trilogy (BG1-TotSC) as well.
Good luck and have fun,
Hoppy
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Capreolus

Capreolus
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:01 AM

Ok, thanks Hoppy. And now for the ultimate in having it all, I was wondering. Is there an easy way of just enabling multiple romances in the game without having to install all of the BG2 Tweaks mod which looks, tbh, huge? I can't choose between Jaheira and Viconia :-(...

Capreolus

P.S. And if I can't and have to install BG2 Tweaks, where should I install it in my list... Edit: Never mind, I found something on it here. Looks like I'll have to install BG2 Tweaks. But hey, wish me luck. Anything else you want to suggest though, feel free to mention it here. ~Cap

Edited by Capreolus, 19 July 2007 - 10:32 AM.

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

Cap, I haven't installed any concurrent romance tweaks in a while. The last time I did it was OK but ToB started and when I had full relationship with Aerie, Jaheira's and Viccy's romance flirts were kicking in too. It was one after the other so it made it difficult to play consistently. My mod installation now has not allowed my Jaheira romance to trigger correctly (lovetalks and quests) so I am just playing through.
If you follow the install instructions that you have, you should be OK. Remember you can add other stuff but prepare for surprises.
Play on!
Hoppy
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Capreolus

Capreolus
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:23 AM

Ah of course, in ToB most of the talks are event-based, not time-based. Damn, I thought I was being quite clever there. Ah well, I'll try it anyway. I won't even have Aerie in my party, so it can't be too bad. I'll let you know if there are any problems.

Capreolus

#6 Capreolus

Capreolus
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:34 AM

Damn, so close as well. This is taken from BP's .debug file. I would attach the file itself, but it's not letting me. I installed exactly as above, just forgot to miss out Minor Dialogue Restorations, could that be what's at fault? The error was in the "Core" part of the mod (the first section to be installed):

[AR1303.BCS] LEXER ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
Near Text: IF
invalid keyword [IF]

[AR1303.BCS] ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
Near Text: IF
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [AR1303.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1419 files for [SETUP-BPV177.TP2] component 0.

If anyone... EDIT: Yeah, so I found this and that told me what was the matter. Fixed now, hopefully.

Capreolus

Edited by Capreolus, 21 July 2007 - 11:19 AM.

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

Hey Cap, how is the install going? Maybe once you play through it all, post any major or minor bugs or crashes you have all in one post so others that want a similar install can see what you did. Also, can you include any editing of tp2 files and specific instructions that you did installing?
Thanks and happy playing!
Hoppy

- King Diamond

#8 Capreolus

Capreolus
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:45 AM

Hey Hoppy. Yeah, the installation was ok. I'm getting rather annoyed with the Candlekeep Chores from CtB, but whatever. I've had one bug so far, which I've reported here, so that's alright. I'll let you know :-).

EDIT: No, wait, I spoke too soon, another problem here. I've not even seen Minsc yet :-(.

Capreolus

Edited by Capreolus, 30 July 2007 - 10:42 AM.

#9 -WowAddict-

-WowAddict-

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

I have a random question to interject if nobody minds.

I'm installing these very same mods on a clean install, but i've run into a pretty annoying problem.

1: BG2-SoA
2: BG2-ToB
3: BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH
4: BG2_Fixpack-v4
5: SoSv1.12

It works fine until I start putting in TDD 1.12.

Then, the TDD installer works fine until I reach the kits part.

It fails first on Weapprof.2da
ERROR: Sys_error("override/WEAPPROF.2DA: Invalid argument")

Then, if i hit install again, it fails on another file, then another, then another, and after repeating this process about 5 times or so, it finally completes.

Is this normal behavior for the installation program?

PS: Thanks a lot for the posts. These mods really bring new life to one of the best games of all time and getting all of them to work at once is like starting it anew :D

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:17 PM

Cap, have you got Minsc?? The link you hed went to a different question.

- King Diamond

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

WoWAddict. That install with a lot of errors hasn't happened to me but I would be wary as more pop up during the install. Try and reinstall ( I know it's a pain ) with ultraclean from the start. Here is my weidu order and everything installed. I always get ????? with something in the weidu text but I never have problems unless it's compatibility.
Attached File  Log_of_Currently_Installed_WeiDU_Mods.doc   31.5K   363 downloads

- King Diamond

#12 Capreolus

Capreolus
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:38 AM

Heya. Yeah, I've got Minsc now, I'm just getting to grips with magic as a primary weapon of battle in early parts of the game. It's good fun :-).

WoWaddict, I don't see why what's happened to you is happening, I've not had a problem at all. There could be a problem with one of the Fixpack components which you installed and I didn't, but that's unlikely. Perhaps if you re-downloaded TDD?

Capreolus

#13 Madieron

Madieron
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:58 AM

Hey, I'm trying to do a mega install too but I have a problem :
BG1 + ToTSC + patch
BG2 + ToB + patch
Bg2 fixpack v4
TS 6.10
TDD 1.12
SoS 1.12
RoT 2.1
CtB 1.9
BGT 1.04
DSoTSC BGT 1.85
NToTSC BGT 1.45
SoBH 2.05
Sirine BGT v7.0
Tgc1e_bgt
bg1ub bgt
Improved Anvil
Bg2 UB 15 without Minor Restorations Dialog
Bg2 Improvements without Victors Subraces
Ashes Of Ember v26 without Anoment Wielding
Questpack 2.3 without Revised Hell Trials
BGTTweak Pack
BP v1.77
BP BGT Worldmap v6.6

And when I have bug on weapons skills : weapon styles are missing, daggers are called warhammer.... but I think it's a problem because I've got a french version of the game.

And the major problem is my game crash to desktop when I try to open my general map (not the local one).... Did I missinstall bp bgt worldmap v6.6 ?

#14 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:00 AM

BG1 + ToTSC + patch

Do not install this patch. You only need the one after ToB.

bg1ub bgt

Since you're new to this, do not play with this mod, as it's still in beta.

TS 6.10
TDD 1.12
SoS 1.12
RoT 2.1
CtB 1.9

These are installed in the wrong order. Please read the first post of -- http://www.shsforums...showtopic=22224 -- for the correct order.

So make these corrections, re-install everything, make sure you choose French for those mods that have that option, and most importantly you will have to start a new game. No, you cannot use your saved games.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *