Photo

Confused with NEJ691. Can I install BP-BGT Weidu?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ashen

ashen
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:47 AM

I'm trying to install NEJ691 with BP, and BGT. I think that Weidu is the best route .... but do I install NEJ691 and then the TDD SOS?

Do I need another NEJ file to get them to work together properly?

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:10 AM

Well, you need the BGTNeJ2_v1, I think, I don't know!

And my order says:
6. BGTv104-Install
7. SoS v1.12 - No Kits
8. TDD v1.12
9. TS ?BP v6.10
10. RoTv2.1 + Kit Pack
11. NeJ2v691+ NeJ692patch (Never Ending Journey V2.692)
12. BGTNeJ2_v1

So... Remember I haven't tried this for a while so?!

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 ashen

ashen
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:14 AM

Well, you need the BGTNeJ2_v1, I think, I don't know!

And my order says:
6. BGTv104-Install
7. SoS v1.12 - No Kits
8. TDD v1.12
9. TS ?BP v6.10
10. RoTv2.1 + Kit Pack
11. NeJ2v691+ NeJ692patch (Never Ending Journey V2.692)
12. BGTNeJ2_v1

So... Remember I haven't tried this for a while so?!

I'm wondering if NEJ691 or 692 can be used with BP and BGT.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:24 AM

NeJ2v691+692 goes with BGT cause of the BGTNeJ2_v1, so that's YES, but I don't know of the BP.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 03 August 2007 - 11:59 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:26 AM

I think you need NeJv42b to go with BP and your other desired mods like TDD and SoS. 691 is the standalone version but I could be wrong as the 691 version could be compatible with the whole lot now
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 rpmaster

rpmaster
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

As i know, if you want to play NEJ with Mega-Mod (TDD, SOS, CTB...), you need to install V4.2b + patch 6.02 + BGT compatibility patch. Also you'll need a small mod - NejBiffer.
I think that the latest versions of NEJ arent fully compatible with even BGT; and Vlad (NEJ creator) says that he doesn't care for compatibility except for a short list of mods (Tortured Souls, maybe something else)
However here was a great manual to mega install recently -

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=24471 (thanks to authors by the way)
http://www.shsforums...p...ost&id=4745

It describes how to install old NEJ with newer mods.

Also there is a mini mod with some content from NEJ
http://forums.blackw...?showtopic=2837

The biggest problem here - is to find old NEJ archive, because at IEGMC and blackwyrm there are only new versions

And to clear things with BGTNEJ-

BGTNeJ2_v1 - compatibility patch for BGT and NEJ 6.02
BGTNeJ2_v1.0b - mini-mod with some content from NEJ (kits, tweaks)

Edited by rpmaster, 03 August 2007 - 10:04 AM.

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:32 PM

Correct at IEGMC the links are for downloading old NEJ v14 which is way outdated. The link for NEJ is v691. I used to have the exact link for the download of NeJ2v4.2b in my favorites and it comes up as error 404. I'll keep checking.
Here is link for NeJ2 biffer
Vlad, the mod creator, may have taken them down as he seems to support the standalone version which can be compatible with Tortured Souls and BGT and may not support the "salad" of mods=combining TDD SoS and the others. The BP compatible NeJ was made throught the work of King Diamond and Horred the Plague, I believe. I do have the versions 42b and patch 602 on CD which is what I do when I download mods but I would wait to here from Vlad to see if we can get them in a download mirror again.
Good Luck!

Edited by Hoppy, 03 August 2007 - 02:48 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#8 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

Hoppy, no chance here with older versions. They are too outdated, so I decided to withdraw any support for them including downloads. There is no sense to download and play old versions when the new material has been added, and the old content has been modified.

Ashen, you may not install NeJ2 v6.9.1 (+ NeJ2 6.9.2 patch) with other big mods. However, if you do so, please bear in mind:

1) Any problems, bugs, inconsistencies you encounter in your game are not related to NeJ2.
2) You won't get any technical support from me.

NeJ2 v6.9.2 requires Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 (latest version).

BGTNeJ2_v1.0b (link to BWL provided by rpmaster) does not require NeJ2, but is extraction of 9 components from NeJ2, which are related to BGT.

You can play BGT v1.04 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 (+ NeJ2 6.9.2 patch), but in this case you don't need BGTNeJ2_v1.0b.

Please, visit my forums for more information, particularly on installation.

#9 ashen

ashen
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:03 AM

Hoppy, no chance here with older versions. They are too outdated, so I decided to withdraw any support for them including downloads. There is no sense to download and play old versions when the new material has been added, and the old content has been modified.

Ashen, you may not install NeJ2 v6.9.1 (+ NeJ2 6.9.2 patch) with other big mods. However, if you do so, please bear in mind:

1) Any problems, bugs, inconsistencies you encounter in your game are not related to NeJ2.
2) You won't get any technical support from me.

NeJ2 v6.9.2 requires Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 (latest version).

BGTNeJ2_v1.0b (link to BWL provided by rpmaster) does not require NeJ2, but is extraction of 9 components from NeJ2, which are related to BGT.

You can play BGT v1.04 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 (+ NeJ2 6.9.2 patch), but in this case you don't need BGTNeJ2_v1.0b.

Please, visit my forums for more information, particularly on installation.

Vlad-

Before I had a hard-drive crash I had your old NEJ installed with the Big Picture. I loved NEJ. I loved the time-travel thingy. It gave my character some time to recover from Irenicus's torturing (some good RPing there).
But I just can't live without TDD or SOS. It breaks my heart that I've had to chose between the two.
I really hope someone can find a post to your old NEJ files, becuase I would gladly waste half a day reinstalling Baldur's trilogy just to include NEJ. I loved the time-traveling "sliders" theme.
I hope you change your mind someday Vlad.

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:38 PM

No problem Vlad, I understand your reasons and it is your baby. Can I tell you( for like the 1000th time) it is an awesome mod?

Ashen, the version that you want will not have all of the content that Vlad has created. For example, there is no Dorn's deep. I recommend the 691 version as you will get the extra quests and fulfill the storyline. Also if you want SharTeel right at the beginning play NeJ. If you want her in the Prison play TDD. I had the installation that you want (NeJ2v42b plus Tdd SoS and BP) so Shar Teel was not available per Vlad's mod (in Irenicus' Dungeon) From what I remember, she has a bigger quest in NeJ2 than TDD also.
It is hard to find what mods to play and what are compatible, at least for me anyway since the first mod I played was back in December of 2006.

- King Diamond

#11 Karimar

Karimar
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:44 AM

Hi, Ashen! Regarding the BP-BGT-NEJ installation I'd stick (and I did so) to seanas' post pinned here. I'm currently playing NEJ and so far I have only some minor problems in the Temple of the Forgotten God - some noblewomen were fighting mercenaries, bone golems' names were too long to be properly displayed (strings messed up). But that's all so far. :whistling: Here's my WeiDU.log, so you can check the install details if you want to compare it with your plans.
But the truth is you have to apply to Vlad's requirements if you want to enjoy the unabridged NEJ game and have his support. Some players, including me, chose the BP-non-supported-by-Vlad-version, but then we have to accept all its limitations. I think that's absolutely clear and fair. -_-
One thing I can tell you for sure - it's damn worth to play NEJ in any of its versions!
Karimar's WeiDU.log

--- Live by the sword and die ...from the ...pox?! ---

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

I remember those BoneLords or golems had no description for the 4.2b version. When I played the short (version 13)and full 691 they had proper descriptions. Probably not a goofup in the install. Karimar what version are you playing again? You may have some problems with items later on when you are in real time Athkatla. Read this.
Ciao,
Hoppy

- King Diamond

#13 Karimar

Karimar
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:44 AM

I remember those BoneLords or golems had no description for the 4.2b version. When I played the short (version 13)and full 691 they had proper descriptions. Probably not a goofup in the install. Karimar what version are you playing again? You may have some problems with items later on when you are in real time Athkatla. Read this.
Ciao,
Hoppy

I'm playing NEJ2v42b + NEJ2v602 patch + NEJ2 biffer v3. Thanks for warning Hoppy, I'm sure I'll do something with it, but that's exactly the point of my post above! I am absolutely aware that some problems might occur. What's more - I have also installed CtB v.1.9 and I'm just waiting for the incompatibility issues. My choice... :ph34r:

Regarding the BoneThings - mine had some text string that must've belonged to the Caravan guy from Easthaven. It said sth like "I'm sorry, there's no caravan leaving town this week, blah blah blah blah" and so on. If I could quote it here it would take at least four lines of text. THat's why I couldn't see what those BoneLoosers were saying, I could only aswer them, but didn't really mind that since I had a feeling they had to be slain anyway. :devil:
If the trouble caused by my Mega(complicated)Mod were only such trivial, I'd be more than happy to play despite them. With all due respect to the modmakers - I don't expect their work will be flawless, they're not professional game developing studio. I think they are doing awesome job and I just take their mods as they are. In case of trouble I can always count on help from SHS community. :cheers:
Karimar's WeiDU.log

--- Live by the sword and die ...from the ...pox?! ---