• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:03 AM

Although this says chapter 2, its more a memory chapter. This is just to fill in some blanks as to how Sylvanus won power.

Challenge #4: The Dark Lady
Chapter 2: Rise of the Dark Lady

(Unaware to Sylvanus, two of her banshee sisters watch intently their queen's grief)
"Lady Sylvanus still grieves over her sister."

"Receiving that necklace from Tranquillien has only made her misery complete."

"<groan> As if our suffering was not enough because of the Scourge."

"Yes sister, and it seems Sylvanus is losing her battle everyday."

"She who lead us from the Lich King's grasp, and now that Dreadlord she spared is gaining power once more."

"I will never betray her, we are the Sisterhood of Silvermoon. Our cursed undeath does not grant us the right to betray our own as Dar'Khan Drathir once did."

"If he never betrayed us... Silvermoon would still stand. And we would beyond the Lich King's accrused grasp before anymore destruction followed."

"Selfish cur! May he rot in the hells from which the bastard spawned."

"Come sister, the Dark Lady begins to awaken from her stuppor, we had best leave."

(The banshees leave, and Sylvanus looks longingly in where they stood)
"My banshee sisters... How did I fail you so..."

SylvanasThinking_150x200.jpg

(Rise of the Dark Lady)

SylvanusIce_150x250.jpg

The would be king will be here soon... And he shall taste my vengance.

"Mistress, King Arthas will soon escape the capital. Our scouts are in place to ambush the Dreadlord's abomination minions."

"Excellent. Make sure that he follows you sister, our timing will be short and those Natharzim scum will not believe the ruse for long."

"Of course, mistress."

My aim be true. I shall not become a slave again!
MangaSylvanas_200x200.jpg

"Finish me then."

"A quick death... like the one you gave me? No. You're going to suffer as I did. Thanks to my arrow, you can't even run. Give my regards to hell, you son of a bitch."

(Kel Thuzard suddenly appears with his minions and slaughters Sylvanus's banshees)

No! Damn it! Damn you Kel'Thuzard!

"I will never stop hunting you Arthas!"

That cursed Lich! If he did not intervene... Then Ner'Zhul would rot where he belongs, and we would be free of this curse. Even if it means death...

"M'Lady?"
Lich_150x250.jpg

"M'Lady Sylvanus, I apologise for the interruption, but I bring word from Varimathras."

"Give me the message worm, then get out of my sight!"
<The zombie obeys>

That dreadlord... why did I spare him? That cur has been subtly trying to usurp me for months now. He thinks I doesn't know does he?

Hmph! These reports are meaningless again. I shall be sure to punish him for misinformation, and as for his brother...

Varimathras_150x150.jpg

"We will find our own path in this world, dreadlord, and slaughter anyone who stands in our way!"

"Hail, the Dark Lady!"

SylvanasProclaim_200x150.jpg

We are the Forsaken. We shall slaughter anyone who stands in our way to destiny!
And we shall never be slaves again!

Edit: Spaced out the sentences, to make it more visible ^_^
Edit2: Renamed title to diffrentiate the fic

Edited by Solar's Harper, 28 August 2007 - 11:19 PM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#2 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:51 PM

Ah, a summary of Sylvanus's story. She's always been an interesting, tragic character. Good job on writing this. :)

#3 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

Thanks Celes ^_^

I had hoped that I would be able to do something more in-depth as the previous chapter, but as time would have me rushing from one thing to the next, I'm sure everyone can guess the result of such time constraints. ;)

It also doesn't help that my brain had forgotten some dialog within cutscenes and because I haven't got a saved profile handy with all the game beaten... :(
It was a little sketchy with quotes and making stuff up inbetween.

Anyway, thanks again Celestine. :)
And hopefully someday poor Sylvanus will have a real reason to smile in happiness, not in sadness as she is rumored to do.
After all, I hear she sometimes acts a bit like a child when no one is watching. ^_^

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!