Starting a new game will be mandatory as of RR v3.8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:29 PM

Sorry guys, but due to the fact that I'm now modifying area files, you will have to start a new game if you want to experience all of the content from RR. As some of you may know, once you visit an area its entire data gets stored inside your saved game. Therefore, any changes to the area after that point will not be reflected in your current game - this is simply the way the Infinity Engine works. As of RR v3.8 I'm modifying AR0300 and AR0800 (nothing is overwritten the changes are being patched in via WeiDU) in order to link the new areas for the Shadow Thief Improvements component and the Chosen of Cyric encounter. Unfortunately, if you have already visited these areas in your current game, these changes will not apply, and you will miss these encounters completely.

Furthermore, the Thief and Bard kit revisions can not affect your protagonist and your party members if your game is already in progress. Marina's special stock and Arledrian's quest might also be broken if you do not start a new game. So, my advice is - if you are already running a game with RR v3.71 make sure to finish your current game before installing RR v3.8. FYI, I'm running some final compatibility tests with v3.8 at the moment and, if all goes well, it should be out by next week.

#2 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:48 AM

On the plus side, using new areas for my quests has resulted in better compatibility with other mods. For example, the "Additional Shadow Thieves Content" component from the Sim's Quest Pack can now be safely installed alongside "Shadow Thief Improvements" from RR. I've tested these components together and they both seem to work fine provided that STI is installed last. Also, the new method of starting the CoC encounter will no longer cause issues for mods which have a "post Chapter 6 Bodhi fight scripted event in the Graveyard" such as the Imoen Romance mod, for example.

BTW, nearly all of my tests have been completed, so you can expect v3.8 to be out by the end of this week. :)

#3 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:53 PM

Note: if you currently have Rogue Rebalancing v3.8 installed then you won't have to start a new game after updating to v3.81. Otherwise, starting a new game is required in order for all components to work properly.

#4 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:03 PM

Note: if you currently have Rogue Rebalancing v3.8 or v3.81 installed then you won't have to start a new game after updating to v3.82. Otherwise, starting a new game is required in order for all components to work properly.

#5 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:02 AM

Note: if you are upgrading from RR v3.8x to RR v3.9 you don't necessarily have to start a new game. However, some of the new items which were introduced in RR v3.9 may not be available unless you start over.

Furthermore, if you are upgrading from an older version of RR (v3.7 and below) or if you have a game without RR in progress, you won't be able to experience a large part of the new content unless you start a new game.

Edited by aVENGER, 24 March 2008 - 03:16 AM.