Photo

Comments about PoOC #21

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
140 replies to this topic

#1 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:07 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #21 here

Edited by Karandras, 06 October 2007 - 06:08 PM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#2 Ginnyfizz

Ginnyfizz
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:09 PM

Hi Karandras, now with refs to the other thread, that is odd why they can't be resized in Paint. I shoot using FRAPS and they are saved as .jpg and then uploaded to either Photobucket, Pixcastle or Imagebank.nz (the latter two if there are any naughty bits, as Photobucket has particular probs with the hotness of Emilie and Sukira the Cat Succubus.) Given these facts I wonder if anyone else could advise on this problem?

#3 JazzJR

JazzJR
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:23 PM

JazzJR

Comments: Very cool, it kinda looks like the undead have formed a ring around you :)

Yes they learn but they don't know the roundhouse kick yet :D

#4 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:44 AM

Kadaj X

Posted Image

Posts today

#182 #194

Comments: Wow. that house is really unique...and awesome looking :)

Thank U! It's impossible for me to release it, because since I don't know how to retex objects (and unfortunatelly have no time to learn that :( ) I have to use parts of others' mods and there are a a loot of them.... ( here I want to thank all those great modders :cheers: ) and on the top of that I've been making this house because I wanted to have my own home :wub:

Drat ;) Well once it's finished perhaps you could make a video tour of the whole thing :)

Thanks Karandras! There is still so much to do <_< but once it's finished, maybe I'll do a video :P

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#5 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:11 PM

@ Yorkmaster - Where is that staff from? It looks sort of like the one from the Dremora Companion mod,
Great looking puddy tat :) And much thanks for posting that facegen linky :)

@ Chimera - LOL Great story :) Hope his horse won't get jealous.
Excellent job! She looks just like Ben.
Impressing job on your new characters.

@ Ginnyfizz - Malana looks none too happy about the clothing wearing thing.

@ KadajX - Notyhing better sometimes than a quiet evening at home, stuggling with someone special
One magical. moonlit night
He seems to be calling down the rain

@ JazzJR - Rotflmao!!! Too funny!
Why is there a hand sticking out of his helmet?
Well. Mr Boney-butt looks like he's jumping for joy over something... Or did he just get hit by something?

@ DFSL - All she needs now is a unicorn.
Beautiful unicorn. Though it looks like it's speared that poor girl through her neck.

@ Ryu Doppler - The IC is definitely one city that has needed a tweak or two. Far too clean and pretty for something that's supposed to be thousands of years old
I do jope Ryu isn't intending on helping with the hedge trimming . He's an adventurer, not a gardener.

@ greatfool1 - Looks like AF's goof might have angered some, but it's also caused
great amusement for others.

@ Flucidity - Beautifaul detail, even in the background.

@ Lady Blue - Cool character card . Well done

@ Karandras - From her quote, Talaxia seems a rather practical type

@ Floydian1 - Battle of the Balrogs?

@ Kalia - Deadly serious

@ Radicus - Looks rather epic
Here. Take thisinvisible sheet of instuctions, and make sure you follow them to the letter...

@ Treetop Smoker - Cool oufit. Where is it from?

@ RGM2 - Very interesting facial textures and coloration. Almost looks as if there is a painted on pattern.

1. It might have also come from this mod (kinda confusing but still some very nice stuff)

2. Well I am kinda out of the loop concerning Halloween, bafs could be some new thing I have never heard about

3. Yep, basic training will last 6 weeks and I think I will be leaving sometime around next march, not sure though. (Hilarious story btw :) )

4. Strange, I have never heard that saying before... :rolleyes:

5. Hmm must be something about how is face is that makes him looks like that, he is quite unique :) (Impish as you put it is really fitting :) )

6. me to....wait a minute...

10. Thats one heck of a tub toy :)

11. Okay...no swimming for me for awhile...

1) Hmm. Ok. Didn't see it in any of the promo pics, but it just might be in there. I've been waiting for the final version of that to come out too as figuromg pit just what I'm supposed to download is a bit confusing. :) Much thanks though

2) Hallowe'en is much the same as it's been. People get dressed up in costumes and go around begging for tasty morsels wrapped in cellophane (or head out to festicals and /or parties). The only onse who don't dress up are those who have achieved full wimpdomhood (t-shirts stating "this is my costume" are not considered costumes, but cop-outs). (Areas that don't have Hallowe'en are exampt from the wimp factor)

3) March huh? Well, that will at least give us time to prepare ourselves for your absence.

4) Ya learn something new every day ;)

5) Thanks :)

10) better than a rubber ducky ;)

11) Well. apparently cold=water lakes, and well=tended swiming pools are ok. The freaky critters are only being found in warmer climates and waters. Like near where I live.

#6 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:56 PM

@ KadajX - Notyhing better sometimes than a quiet evening at home, stuggling with someone special
One magical. moonlit night
He seems to be calling down the rain

Oh, you're so right about the evenings at home!! There is nothing better for me than home those days...
And thx for comment :cheers:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#7 -DFSL-

-DFSL-

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

Thanks, Chiglet.

#8 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

Okay it will be a shortened post tonight for two reasons, one: I am still trying to get FCOM up and running (does that ever work first try?) And second: My chair just broke and kneeling on the floor isn't exactly a fun way to type :whistling:

Dumb criminal of the day: In Redondo Beach, Calif., a police officer arrested a driver after a short chase and charged him with drunk driving. Officer Joseph Fonteno's suspicions were aroused when he saw the white Mazda MX-7 rolling down Pacific Coast Highway with half of a traffic-light pole, including the lights, lying across its hood. The driver had hit the pole on a median strip and simply kept driving. According to Fonteno, when the driver was asked about the pole, he said, "It came with the car when I bought it."

Soul_slayer: Oh great, now who are you killing? :) That doesn't exactly look like a bandit :whistling:

Sinharvest: Welcome back, I really like how Azshara looks :clap: (by the way wonderful combinations of armor there, they seem to go together very well

Highpressure: Seems dark elves are back in style :) Amazing lighting and wonderful looking character :)

Chimera
: :doh: :doh: Sorry about forgetting to comment on your movie yesterday. Very well put together though a bit short, was that a specific Dremora at the 28 second mark or just a random one?

Yorkmaster: umm, did you increase the size of the Nirnroot or is that just the camera angle? :blink:

Kadaj X: Looks like someone is happy they are home :)

Ginnyfizz: Have you posted pictures of Lithiel before? I almost think I remember her

Floydian1
: Just how evil can a character look? :) (Also, very nice staff

DFSL01: Okay now your just trying to confuse me, is DFSL01 the same as DFSL or not? (and if so, why did you add the 01? )

ChaironDeCeleste: Welcome back :) And what would this little beauty be named? :)

Petrovish: Is that the FF body? I didn't think that armor had been converted yet

Lady Blue
: Wonderful shot, someone is really in for it tonight :)

DFSL
: You sure that horn isn't going through her neck? :) From that angle it sure looks like it :)

Treetop Smoker: Maybe it's just me, but isn't the sword he has a little small for what Cloud normally has? :)

Greatfool1: Quick run for the hills, your characters are starting to think for themselves! ;)

s t o h s t a e r g e h t p u p e e k (A cookie to whoever can figure this out)
Posted Image

#9 -DFSL-

-DFSL-

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

Thanks, Karandras. Yes, I'm sure the horn isn't piercing her neck :) . And I'm sure that I'm DFSL (well, most of the time) but the official forums don't take four letters so I had to add 01. Since I'm posting in four places, sometimes I get confused :wacko:

#10 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:38 PM

Soul_slayer: Oh great, now who are you killing? :) That doesn't exactly look like a bandit :whistling:

He's an NPC you have to kill to get a unique katana from This mod

Keep up the great shots.

#11 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

He's an NPC you have to kill to get a unique katana from This mod

Keep up the great shots.

1. Ah okay :)

2. Correct though Chiglet did beat you (she sent me a PM a little while ago) However since you were the first to reply in the thread, here is a cookie: :cookie: :)

Edited by Karandras, 07 October 2007 - 07:00 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Petrovich

Petrovich
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:25 PM

Petrovish: Is that the FF body? I didn't think that armor had been converted yet

Yes, this model of body FF. I only began convert this armour.

#13 ChaironDeCeleste

ChaironDeCeleste

Texturing Apprentice with the broom ready

• 297 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:54 PM

ChaironDeCeleste: Welcome back :) And what would this little beauty be named? :)

Her name is Branwen Ap Llwydd.
Thanks for the alert! The account has been chopped up and thrown to
the snarling beasts that crawl in the dark recesses of Abuse Central
The user has been terminated. Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Torquemada
Posted Image

#14 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:03 AM

@ Soul Slayer - It's amazing, in the clearer pictures, just how beautiful but small Cyrodil really is.
And here I thought she was just trying to get that guy to stop sleeping in the middle of the road. :) Thanks for the mod linky!
That is one cool shield

@ Sinharvest - Well, Azshara certainly doesn't look all googly-eyed. Though I'm sure there are some around here who are looking google-eyed at her. ;)
Looking forward to seeing your story.

@ highpressure - Love the detail on that armor.

@ Chimera - Very cool video.
ROFL Finally! Shwartenegger is back where he truely belongs!

@ Yorkmaster - Early morning stretchies, and late afternoon curls
But will it fit in her pocket?

@ KadajX - A happy homecoming. :)
I am rather curious. Is there a specific animation you used to get them to embrace? Or was it a combination of factors?

@ Ginnyfizz - Lithiel doea not look happy about something
Those tattoos on her almost look like gold leaf

@ Floydian1 - There is a giant smiley face in the middle of that "gate". Makes the scene look rather ... uhm,... erm,... I'm honestly at a loss for words.

@ DFSL - The local wildlife at play

@ ChaironDeCeleste - Definitely a cool character and outfit

@ Petrovich - Welcome back! :) Nice looking character

@ DFSL - Ah. Not through her neck Whew! We can stop worrying now. :) ;)
Pretty

@ Treetop Smoker - That is some cool and crazy hair :) Very anime
And now he reminds me of that teacher from Naruto. (Don't watch the show, so don't know his name) :)

Hi Karandras, now with refs to the other thread, that is odd why they can't be resized in Paint. I shoot using FRAPS and they are saved as .jpg and then uploaded to either Photobucket, Pixcastle or Imagebank.nz (the latter two if there are any naughty bits, as Photobucket has particular probs with the hotness of Emilie and Sukira the Cat Succubus.) Given these facts I wonder if anyone else could advise on this problem?

Might be something to do with how the pic is saved by FRAPS. I went and snagged the same pic and tried opening it in Paint myself. Even though the pic was a jpg, it couldn't be read. So, I resaved in another editing program as a bmp, then again back to a jpg. THEN paint was able to open the jpg pic. (it was also able to open the bmp). Computer program wierdness is what I call it.

Okay it will be a shortened post tonight for two reasons, one: I am still trying to get FCOM up and running (does that ever work first try?) And second: My chair just broke and kneeling on the floor isn't exactly a fun way to type :whistling:

Much thanks for the mental Kodak moment of "Karandras paying homage to his computer system". (I really did need it)

:) reyalSlouS htiw seikooc ym erahs yldalg lliw I

One talented bird

#15 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:48 AM

Kadaj X: Looks like someone is happy they are home :)

@ KadajX - A happy homecoming. :)
I am rather curious. Is there a specific animation you used to get them to embrace? Or was it a combination of factors?

Thx 4 comments! Yes, home is a wonderful place :D
And yes I'm using 'specific animation' :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#16 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:00 AM

Thanks Chiglet. I did not realize he had on the female version of that armor (low cut neckline). Karandras that was a stock Oblivion Dremora. I did not place him there.

Edited by Chimera, 08 October 2007 - 04:01 AM.

#17 ChaironDeCeleste

ChaironDeCeleste

Texturing Apprentice with the broom ready

• 297 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:07 AM

@ ChaironDeCeleste - Definitely a cool character and outfit

Thanks, Ciara, my Mystic elve could use some friendly words after a rough week (Enter The Shinobi, Lost Spires, Talon of Akatosh, Wulfhart' s Fury Frostmourne and Dragon Invasion)

The outfit is 1 out of 3 by Exnem -> EyeCandy Sexy Warriorv Outfit
and due to the open source license a bab / ff conversion should be no problem :whistling:

Edited by ChaironDeCeleste, 08 October 2007 - 04:16 AM.

Thanks for the alert! The account has been chopped up and thrown to
the snarling beasts that crawl in the dark recesses of Abuse Central
The user has been terminated. Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Torquemada
Posted Image

#18 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:24 AM

(1)

Much thanks for the mental Kodak moment of "Karandras paying homage to his computer system". (I really did need it)

(2) :) reyalSlouS htiw seikooc ym erahs yldalg lliw I

1. Well I am glad someone enjoyed it :rolleyes:

2. Glad to see you don't mind sharing with Soul_slayer :)

Edited by Karandras, 08 October 2007 - 04:24 AM.

Posted Image

#19 -DFSL-

-DFSL-

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:11 AM

Thanks Chiglet. It's really commendable how you take time to review all the posts.

#20 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:13 AM

@ Soul Slayer - It's amazing, in the clearer pictures, just how beautiful but small Cyrodil really is.
And here I thought she was just trying to get that guy to stop sleeping in the middle of the road. :) Thanks for the mod linky!
That is one cool shield

Thanks Chiglet :cheers: