• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:45 AM

I recently discovered a mod for World of Warcraft that lets me play with character, weapon, and armor models, and after playing around for a bit, I decided to make WoW-ized versions of many of the BG/BG2 cast. Consider this half a year's worth of missed Fanart challenges, and much else besides. :)

Aerie

Aerie.jpg

Anomen

Anomen.jpg

Cernd

Cernd.jpg

Dynaheir

Dynaheir.jpg

Edwin

Edwin.jpg

Gorion

Gorion.jpg

Haer'Dalis

Haer__Dalis.jpg

Imoen

Imoen.jpg

Jaheira

Jaheira.jpg

Jan

Jan.jpg

Keldorn

Keldorn.jpg

Korgan

Korgan.jpg

Mazzy

Mazzy.jpg

Minsc

Minsc.jpg

Nalia

Nalia.jpg

Saemon Havarian

Saemon.jpg

Salvanas

Salvanas.jpg

Sarevok

Sarevok.jpg

Valygar

Valygar.jpg

Viconia

Viconia.jpg

Xan

Xan.jpg

Yoshimo

Yoshimo.jpg

And if anyone has any requests for other characters you'd like to see in WoW-style, feel free to let me know who I've missed. :)

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#2 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:51 AM

I particularly like your Dynaheir :) And most of the guys look like they are severely overcompensating :) (Anomen and Minsc both made me laugh here, which is a feat, considering how long I have been working today already)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#3 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:04 AM

I liked your Xan.

But hey, I like everything with Xan.

I also liked Nalia, and Jaheira.

And Jan is very authentic to the original! *grin*

Edited by Choo Choo, 12 October 2007 - 07:05 AM.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#4 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:32 AM

I'm still laughing at the Mazzy portrayal... ROFL

#5 Elanorea

Elanorea
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:01 AM

Neato! I especially liked Dynaheir. I don't think Imoen looks good as a blood elf though (but then again I hate blood elves, so I'm more than a bit biased).
"I'm DMing a 4e game. Advice?"
"Yeah, switch to 3.5."

#6 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

Too much Alliance scum in those pictures, but I guess no other Horde characters than blood elves would really look like the BG2 cast. Interesting idea, though. :)

#7 Elanorea

Elanorea
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:00 AM

Imoen as a troll:
Posted Image

BTW, where can I find that mod you spoke of?
"Yeah, switch to 3.5."

#8 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:07 AM

Trolls are sexy!

It`s not a mod, it`s a program called WoW model viewer.

http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/

Pretty cool, actually.

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:08 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well you forgot Branwen as a statue. ^_^ (WoW-ized)

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:14 AM

Next up is going to be few more BG2 characters-Kivan, Irenicus, and Bodhi-and a collection of mod npc's. Currently have done Darian, Xarana, and Fade, and I'm planning on doing Saerileth, Tsujatha, Finch, Auren Aseph, and Gavin.

For the record, Imoen wins the Most Difficult To Portray Award. And Khayman, if it's any consolation, I'm Horde all the way. Main's a tauren druid.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#11 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:36 AM

Brilliant - just brilliant. Some made me laugh but I'm impressed by all of them.

-Y-

#12 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:54 AM

While I wait for word back from a couple folks on questions regarding the mod npc's, here are some more characters from other DnD areas. You may or may not recognize them, but I wanted to show them off anyway. :)

Alexandria

Alexandria.jpg

Kymas Turan

Kymas.jpg

Aldaron

Aldaron_front.JPG

Alina

Alina_Front.jpg

Annie

Annie_front.JPG

Axilya

Axilya_front.JPG

Elanil

Elanil_front.jpg

Riysler

Riysler_front.JPG

Shyaern

Shyaern_Redux.jpg

Tanek

Tanek_front.JPG

Trixie

Trixie_front.jpg

Vaenys

Vaenys_front.jpg

Yrathiae

Yrathiae_front.JPG

Edit: Oops-forgot one other. Fentor.

Fentor.jpg

Edited by Tempest, 12 October 2007 - 10:59 AM.

#13 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

Haer'Dalis and Xan were both gorgeous, and I really liked Nalia and Gorion. Any chance of doing Diriel from the IWD2 Npc Project?
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#14 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:44 PM

Just waiting for word back from Berelinde on Gavin's hair color and facial hair (or lack thereof), and the next set will be up. But here's Diriel, and Peony for good measure.

Diriel.jpg

Peony.jpg

#15 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:26 PM

Still waiting for word on Gavin, but here are the others I promised.

First is a somewhat darker-themed Kivan.

Kivan.jpg

Getting Irenicus' face right was an exercise in futility.

Irenicus.jpg

Undead in bondage = creepy. This is Bodhi.

Bodhi.jpg

Darian

Darian.jpg

Xarana

Xarana.jpg

Auren Aseph, now a confident adventurer. No particular reason for the glaives.

Auren.jpg

Finch

Finch.jpg

Saerileth

Saerileth.jpg

Tsujatha

Tsujatha.jpg

#16 Elanorea

Elanorea
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:40 PM

Bodhi is awesome, the others are very cool too.
"Yeah, switch to 3.5."

#17 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:08 PM

Oops. And Gavin, as promised.

Gavin.jpg

#18 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

Cool!

Thanks!

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#19 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

Now hurry up and give me reason to keep calling this BG2 characters with a straight face. ^_^

#20 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

*wants a Sarah*
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community