Photo

Attacked by neutrals?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:57 AM

Started another new mega-mod install. This time around a custom BiG-World with some components from SCSII. Right after the cutscene following my exit from Chateau Irenicus the Amnish Soldier guarding the wreckage tries to attack Minsc. A short while after Minsc's departure to the Copper Coronet and Kivan joining the party I'm visiting Ribald. First Kivan sprouts his lines and directly after that follows the speech from Ribald. But while he's talking the Amnish Soldier attacks Jaheira. Moreover after the dialogue Ribald is trying to join the fray.

Anybody got a clue what mod could be the culprit?

10th

Attached Files

Edited by 10th, 15 November 2007 - 11:58 AM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:10 PM

I had this bug/conflict too when I installed SCSII with a Mega install. Reported here. With a clean install without SCSII this did not happen, you might want to report this on the SCSII forum.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:30 AM

I had this bug/conflict too when I installed SCSII with a Mega install. Reported here. With a clean install without SCSII this did not happen, you might want to report this on the SCSII forum.

Thanks! - I'm aware of this, it's some sort of compatibility problem with some component of a megainstall, but I've no idea which. If you fancy experimenting, and find something, do let me know...

#4 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:39 PM

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #50 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #61 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy and player Harm spells both do 150 hp of damage
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #70 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #90 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures

Those are the only components of SCSII v2 that I've had installed. Does by chance any of these components alter cre-files or bcs-files? After looking at the tp2 of SCSII I don't get it. From those components none should make any alterations in that regard as they only modify spells, items or stores unless there's something in the overall structure of the tp2 or the macros that I've missed.

10th

Edited by 10th, 16 November 2007 - 12:42 PM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#5 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:26 PM

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #50 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #61 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy and player Harm spells both do 150 hp of damage
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #70 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #90 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures

Those are the only components of SCSII v2 that I've had installed. Does by chance any of these components alter cre-files or bcs-files? After looking at the tp2 of SCSII I don't get it. From those components none should make any alterations in that regard as they only modify spells, items or stores unless there's something in the overall structure of the tp2 or the macros that I've missed.

10th

Nope, if that's all you've got installed from SCSII I can't fathom how you SCSII can have caused the problem. None of those components should mess with scripting or CRE files. (Of course, if you tell me that uninstalling them solves your problem and reinstalling them brings it back, I'll have to look for what I'm missing...)

#6 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:06 PM

Well I can say that when I did a clean install without SCSII this conflict (I think this is more of a conflict that causes a bug, than just a bug with SCSII) did not happen.

These were the components that I installed:
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #30 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #40 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #80 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #180 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 40,000 gold pieces
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #201 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #235 // Potions for NPCs

I don't think David 'needs to fix' SCSII, but we need to know which components cause the conflict. If there is an easy fix that would be cool. BP and SCS work very well together, BP adds a bunch of quests to the game and good AI and SCSII adds another different AI to the game. I hope that BP and SCSII can work together, in that after installing BP you install the components of SCSII that you want and where they both change the same thing the last installed is the one used in the game.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#7 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:26 AM

10th

Haven't you installed the first component (Detectable spells and effects)?

#8 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:35 AM

Can someone who can reproduce this conflict/bug, and who knows how to use an editor,

1) find me the CRE filename of someone who demonstrates this bug;
2) give me a clear description of exactly what the bug does;
3) tell me which scripts the CRE file runs.

- thanks!

#9 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:44 AM

I used a backup of this install and completed the installation without SCSII. No change in behaviour from Ribald and the Amnish Guard in the Promenade.

Concerning the Scripts:

Ribald:
Override = HUMANSHT
Class = RIBALD
Race = BPMAG14C
Default = BPWTSIGT

And if I remember correctly BPWTSIGT caused some bugs with Haer'Dalis.

UPDATE: Confirmed. I just removed BPWTSIGT and replaced it with the normal BG2 version. No attacks from Ribald. If I have to guess at the cause It's probably one of the many ActionListEmpty() blocks in that script. The same is likely true for BPWTRSGT.

Amnish Guard (Promenade after cutscene):
Override = HUMANSHT
Race = BPSEENMY
Default = BPWTRSGT

Just to keep everyone up to date:
The install order of the attached Weidu.log should be quite bug-free and doesn't have the weird behaviour of neutrals. But to get questpack's improvements and SCSII to install you should copy all wand*.itm and staf*.itm files from CtB\over.bak into your override folder. You could probably even install improved mindflayers from SCSII. In the install before that I had the improved Master Brain component from Improved Battles installed, which is probably incompatible with SCSII

10th

Attached Files

Edited by 10th, 20 November 2007 - 01:33 PM.