Photo

[GRAPHICS] & [AUDIO] Dual Request (Shyhinworunto Chende NPC)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

As many of you know, I am working on the Shyhinworunto Chende mod.

I did read all of Ilmatar's stickied posts, so I will get right down to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Graphic Request (bam)

1. What do you need? Item, animation, description...? - I need a few body piercings. Barbells, rings, horseshoe, etc... I could use a minimum of six - twelve.

Sorry for being so needy.

2. Describe the item/whatever in detail! Shape, style, colors...? - Honestly, I am not picky. I have planned what I want the items to do, but I do not want to give too much away. The only thing I am pick about is a bracelet. I would like it to match the pic below as much as possible:

Posted Image

I also need a gaudy set of earrings (one item slot). I was thinking big hoops would work. - Thank you vilkacis!

The last one I need is a ring. Much like the earrings and body jewelery, I am not overly picky. I will say with the ring, the more gaudy, the better.

If more then one person duplicates I will create additional items and theyw ill be included in the mod one way or another so the work will not be a waste.

3. Does it have bonus factors? (+1 thac0 - +5 thac0) - Again, I would rather not give anything away here. I think I have a unique idea. If it must be known, I will say the items will not be seen long.

4. What about elemental damage? (Acid, Fire, Ice...) - N/A

5. What material is the item made of? - Completely open. In my experience it is easier to adapt writing item descriptions to the art, then vice-versa.

6. Any deadlines? - I want to finish this soon. The next week I have a whole three days off in a row! In truth, I am asking for a lot, so I will not cry if it takes a while to fill my wishlist.

7. What game and what mod is this for? - BGII (ToB required). For the Shyhinworunto Chende NPC.

8. Anything else you'd like to mention? - Thanks to everyone who just reads this. Weither you actually help, or just consider (or offer advice), I appreciate it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Audio Request

1. Are you looking for a voice set for a man, a woman or something else? - Woman

2. How many lines would need to be voiced? - Unsure at this time, hopefully alot.

3. Describe what kind of a voice you are after (tell something about the character if needed)! - Sultry and seductive. This pic (and content) might scare away many, but I woudl like a little trust and leway with this mod. I actually have some serious things planned, and want to make someone wholly unique.

4. Preferred format of the audio files? - I am a n00b at this, so I'll go with the ones the tutorial theacefes wrote as to what I need.

5. Any deadlines? - Very loose on this part.

6. What game and what mod is this for? - BGII (ToB required). For the Shyhinworunto Chende NPC.

7. Anything else you'd like to mention? - I know it is very bad form to ask people to leand their voice for a mod, that is not written, with no clear indication as to the amount of lines, and for that I appologise. The reason I ask is I want to see if anyone would actually be willing to do this for this NPC. Honestly, I am not certain if anyone will want to be known for having it be their voice, tied to Shy. I am perfectly willing to release her will full dialogues and items without the voice. I can always add that as a patch later.

Here is her pic, air-sickness bags are not provided.

Posted Image

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 22 November 2007 - 01:35 AM.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#2 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:18 PM

I has earrings. Only $0.00 plus tax. MOTHAFREAKIN' TAXES!

earrings1.png

BUT WAIT

THERE'S MORE

ORDER NOW AND GET A SECOND PAIR FOR FREE

earrings2.png

...yeah, I got nuthin'.

Attached Files

#3 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:32 AM

/me bows.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

You are teh awesome!

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:33 AM

I has earrings.

Nice... especially the first description BAM. How do the smaller inventory BAMs look in-game (especially the 2nd one which I can barely see)? :ph34r:

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:24 AM

I would assume they look a lot better against the dark background of the GUI...shadows and all! :)
A knight without armour in a savage land...

#6 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:49 PM

I love them, but even if they were subpar, at this point I will take just about anything.

Edited for typos.

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 22 November 2007 - 03:49 PM.

#7 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

I has earrings.

Nice... especially the first description BAM. How do the smaller inventory BAMs look in-game (especially the 2nd one which I can barely see)? :ph34r:

Demanding little bastard, ain'tcha? :P

Yeah, I'm in a habit of just pasting the inventory bams on the description image, but it didn't turn out very well this time. Ingame screensh0tz0rz omg!

zomg_teh_ringz0r.png

...actually, I should re-do these. Looking at them again, I'm thinking I could do better - at least the inv ones. <_<

BRB, photoshop. :doh:

[EDIT] Newandimproved.

222zomg_teh_ringz0r.png

Attached Files

Edited by vilkacis, 22 November 2007 - 09:32 PM.

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:13 PM

Demanding little bastard, ain'tcha? :P

Yeh. (Especially on myself, which is why my own BAMs take so long...)

But actually, the first set looked fine now I see them against the dark background (heh... you really hate me now, don't you? :devil:). Revisions/alternates are always good though... nice detail on the ones on the right. Anywho, they're not for me, but for MTS, so who cares what I think... :D

Hmm... looks like you missed a pixel on the lower small earrings though (snickers sadistically)...

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#9 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:33 PM

Hmm... looks like you missed a pixel on the lower small earrings though (snickers sadistically)...

Quit picking ont he one person helping me. :P

I like them, alot.

#10 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:38 PM

But actually, the first set looked fine now I see them against the dark background (heh... you really hate me now, don't you? :devil:).

Well, let's just say I've finally found a reputable anthrax seller on ebay...

...I see that now, and it's really fucking weird because they actually look like this when enlarged:
EARRINGS2_3.png
Obviously, nothing is missing.

...well, anyway. Re-did it one final time, so...
333zomg_teh_ringz0r.png
...should be acceptable now.

Quit picking ont he one person helping me. :P

I like them, alot.

No worries, I'm used to him it by now. :P

But I'm glad you like them. :)

Attached Files

#11 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

Fine, re-do ones I thought looked fine.

Now I will be forced to settle for perfection.

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:47 PM

...I see that now, and it's really fucking weird because they actually look like this when enlarged:

If I had to guess, it was probably transparency weirdness with BAM Workshop, DLTCEP or whatever graphics program you're using.

No worries, I'm used to him it by now. :P

You'll pay for that. (And your little gerbil too!)

#13 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:59 AM

You know Miloch, you do excellent bams too... :whistling:

#14 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:37 AM

Why don't you put up a couple lines for voice trials, maybe a couple lines from the soundset.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#15 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:53 PM

Why don't you put up a couple lines for voice trials, maybe a couple lines from the soundset.

Even better would be idea of voice-bank, where everyone who can record the voice sets would put his/her voice, so the modders would have at least a little idea whom they should ask for voice acting.

And vilacis, I think I need to change the earrings I' wearing. The BAMs you've created are really awesome! ^_^
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:58 PM

I was hoping vilkacis would be able to cover all these, since I still have several to finish for Aurora. But if I get done with that and you still need stuff, I'll take a stab at it.

One thing I'm having trouble visualising is the body piercings. Which "slots" would these go in (if any)? (And before we have any crude remarks there... I'm talking about the BG2 GUI :P.)

#17 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:21 PM

Even better would be idea of voice-bank, where everyone who can record the voice sets would put his/her voice, so the modders would have at least a little idea whom they should ask for voice acting.

That's one kickass idea.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#18 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:57 PM

Not so sure about that. It's one thing to ask a friend to voice a couple lines, or to volunteer for a voice part, but having a list of voice talent on hand might put voice actors under some serious pressure. I'd have a hard time saying no to someone who asked me directly to voice a part, for example. That, and while it's easy enough to say that you don't have time to voice a mod, it's a lot harder when the objection to it isn't the time but the content.

By the way, I wouldn't have any objection to voicing Shy myself, because I think it would be fun, but I'm not sure what kind of voice MTS is looking for. My time commitments do prevent me from taking on a huge project, like a full NPC romance mod that's already done, and just waiting for voicing, but I can probably manage bits and pieces here and there.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#19 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:20 PM

I'm not sure about asking for specific person. I was really grateful to all the cool people who voiced Dungeon Crawl after my direct request(and much badgering! :) ), but when I think of it now, I don't think approaching people directly is the best approach. It can be annoying - remember the_bigg's topic about "Don't stalk me in private, write an open topic on the forums instead!" at G3? I think he is absolutely right here.

As for the data bank - I think the existing mods out here give a pretty good idea. Sir K is Laran, TheWizard is Iylos, berelinde is Rebecca, Bons is Finch, jcompton is... you'll never guess, and so on - and much more than that, since I'm only listing one role.

#20 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:48 PM

I might just do that. :)

Perhaps Ilmatar cold split the topic for me to make it easier for me and the would be applicants to browse?

I was hoping vilkacis would be able to cover all these, since I still have several to finish for Aurora. But if I get done with that and you still need stuff, I'll take a stab at it.

One thing I'm having trouble visualising is the body piercings. Which "slots" would these go in (if any)? (And before we have any crude remarks there... I'm talking about the BG2 GUI :P.)

I was hoping you might help from the begining.

The slots, well they will not be X rated. My responce could be spoilers for those interested in the mod so....

Spoiler

So, I will not be overly picky. I don't want them 'in' anything, just the piercing jewelery.

P.S. Please keep Aurora your priority.

P.P.S. I have always been a fan of Vilkacis' work.

Not so sure about that. It's one thing to ask a friend to voice a couple lines, or to volunteer for a voice part, but having a list of voice talent on hand might put voice actors under some serious pressure. I'd have a hard time saying no to someone who asked me directly to voice a part, for example. That, and while it's easy enough to say that you don't have time to voice a mod, it's a lot harder when the objection to it isn't the time but the content.

I think this would make more work for voice talent. I am with berlinde on this one.

By the way, I wouldn't have any objection to voicing Shy myself, because I think it would be fun, but I'm not sure what kind of voice MTS is looking for. My time commitments do prevent me from taking on a huge project, like a full NPC romance mod that's already done, and just waiting for voicing, but I can probably manage bits and pieces here and there.

I would love to have you...

Erm... as the voice...

/me looks away and vanishes :ph34r:

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 23 November 2007 - 09:48 PM.