• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

Another Shar-Teel Romance note. If you install the Firewalker Kit from NEJ after installing BG1 NPC it will overwrite SHARTD.BCS wiping out all of the Dreamtalk extensions that BG1NPC makes to it, thus killing the start of the romance once again. There shouldn't be an issue by installing the Firewalker kit 1st since BG1NPC Extends the top of SHARTD.bcs

It takes a village...

#22 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:40 AM

we need to make sure any Megamod folks really understand that NEJ and most related code has to go first - there are a number of places where NEJ simply replaces things instaed of patching them, and the only thing in BG1NPC that blows stuff away is ALORA.DLG if you decide to move her to a new location. We destructively overwrite that one file. And we still use 3 ancient REPLACE commands on strings to set up stuff with (Tranzig and Branwen? Jajheira? I am not sure right now) which I need to rebuild so that they will play nicely with BG1UB and such which also use REPLACE.

Both of these are on the list for January; these two items and the last of the moves away from unneded ICT2s are on the docket for winter/spring.

#23 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:25 AM

Minor typo in one of the Shar-Teel flirt dialogs. In the flirt where she is says "She pushes back her hair, mated with sweat and blood",,, should read "matted".

X#SHROM.tra suggested changes:
@81 - Change "mated" to "matted"
@1051 - Change "She was" to "It was"

Edited by erebusant, 09 December 2007 - 11:57 AM.

It takes a village...

#24 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:33 AM

By the way, here's my most recent WeiDU log.

Attached Files

Edited by erebusant, 09 December 2007 - 10:35 AM.

It takes a village...

#25 Steve

Steve
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:35 AM

Super Secret Component?

#26 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:03 PM

http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=364769

#27 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:29 AM

Thank you for pointing it out! reply:

http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=365523

:)

#28 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:17 AM

Thank you for pointing it out! reply:

http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=365523

:)

I don't see anything relevant to a super secret component... I must not be getting something.

:unsure: ,
Manwe

#29 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:02 PM

Guest was poiting out a call for assistance in the Big World Project thread that was about BG1NPC v14 :)

#30 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:24 PM

Some fatigue-driven ruminations on BG1 NPC:

We do destructively rebuild Alora's joining dialogue for the case where she is moved to Gullykin. This is unavoidable. Can't we detect for mods that do add to Alora's dialogue and not permit that component if those mods are present already? I'm thinking about NEJ, but there might be other mods, like TGC1e.

Granted, this will only apply to mods that add to her pre-joining dialogue, so it's unlikely that there are going to be too many.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#31 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:33 PM

Some fatigue-driven ruminations on BG1 NPC:

We do destructively rebuild Alora's joining dialogue for the case where she is moved to Gullykin. This is unavoidable. Can't we detect for mods that do add to Alora's dialogue and not permit that component if those mods are present already? I'm thinking about NEJ, but there might be other mods, like TGC1e.

Granted, this will only apply to mods that add to her pre-joining dialogue, so it's unlikely that there are going to be too many.

If compatibility is worried about state-specific modifications (where the state numbers might not match real numbers), you should be able to prevent things breaking if you 'destructively deactivated' Alora's dialogue and EXTERN'ed everything on top of it. This saves mods doing checks on each other.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#32 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:09 PM

I think you both have good points, but I am really hoping to do one better - i have been playing with trying to set up a patching version which uses area checks and simply patches the dialogue.

I know pro5 felt it was a great deal of work for very little gain, but I really want to get the last of the code to install comfortably with everyone. I don;t know of anyone using that dialogue, but someday someone will.

I need to raid BanterPack tech and berelinde's brain to try some STATE_WHICH_SAYS patching, and play with some A_S_T and E_B calls. I just haven't gotten to it yet. There has to be a good, non-destructive way to keep the original dialogue, and redirect it out of the original sequence only if she is poicked up in Gullykin, tying it all back in so that mods that want to use her and extend her pre-joining dialogue in the HoW can do so without distraction. I think I just need a mini-Iron Modder with berelinde and anyone else who wants to participate, trying to put this one to bed.

As a side note, we may want to ask folks who are playing with mega-installs to put BG1NPC directly after BGT; it looks from manwe858's decompiled VICONIJ that something is adding some stuff to the top of at least Viconia'sVICONIJ dialogue, so that we end up patching the wrong BGT state. The problem is, the folks taht want to use those other mods need to have them before BG1NPC, because they use destructive overwriting... More STATE_WHICH_SAYS tech, perhaps? I am sure there is an answer.

Edited by cmorgan, 13 December 2007 - 09:13 PM.

#33 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:32 PM

cmorgan, can you check if the The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One correctly blocks off Cloakwood Mines in BGT? The relevant bug report is at http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=368003.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#34 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:41 AM

I am on it - as far as I can tell, it does, but I am checking. The basic component only opens Coran's map; that i can confirm on both Tutu and BGT installs from personal testing. On Tutu, personal testing shows opening up the four basic cloakwood maps - I will check to see if visiting the fourth map in the wrong chapter has a loophole on BGT which would open up the Mines map, and crosscheck against Tutu. (On my Tutu install, the opening of Cloakwood Mines map has a chapter check - I will check and see if that applies to BGT as well).

#35 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

Here are the pertinant files regarding Interjection CTD's involving Imoen-Sharteel and Imoen-Kagain.

Attached Files

It takes a village...

#36 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

Hey erebusant - can you send the dreamscript .bafs and the banters, too?

Sorry - the only stuff I find for Imoen si pretty strange... what adds "VP_SharT_VsPomab"?

Because there are a bunch of blocks with duplicate entries, like

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from:
SAY @5 /* ~(*Drawing her sword*)... Then it?ll be my pleasure to leave the dogs on the floor lapping up their own blood!~ [mute] #93797 */
IF ~InParty("Imoen2")
~ THEN EXTERN ~IMOEN2J~ 262
IF ~InParty("Imoen")
~ THEN EXTERN ~IMOENJ~ 213
END

which looks like a big problem... in BGT, Imoen in BG and BG2 content uses "Imoen2" as the DV, and IMOEN2J as the joined file. So it is entirely possible that something is really, really mismatching on your install...

#37 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:03 PM

Hey erebusant - can you send the dreamscript .bafs and the banters, too?

Sorry - the only stuff I find for Imoen si pretty strange... what adds "VP_SharT_VsPomab"?

Because there are a bunch of blocks with duplicate entries, like

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from:
SAY @5 /* ~(*Drawing her sword*)... Then it'll be my pleasure to leave the dogs on the floor lapping up their own blood!~ [mute] #93797 */
IF ~InParty("Imoen2")
~ THEN EXTERN ~IMOEN2J~ 262
IF ~InParty("Imoen")
~ THEN EXTERN ~IMOENJ~ 213
END

which looks like a big problem... in BGT, Imoen in BG and BG2 content uses "Imoen2" as the DV, and IMOEN2J as the joined file. So it is entirely possible that something is really, really mismatching on your install...

The VP blocks are ones added by NEJ2 (VP = Vlad Papper) I believe Vlad is accounting for the possibility of either having BGT installed or not by appending both sets of dialogs.

Which specific dreamscript bafs and banter dialogs do you want to see, and i'll convert them and attach them.

Edited by erebusant, 21 January 2008 - 04:13 PM.

It takes a village...

#38 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:20 PM

HOLD ON... found the offending spot. But I don't know what is going wrong...

Well if I understand correctly, it is Sharteel kicking off a waking banter, or possibly a resting banter -so SHARTD.BCS.

Just in case your eyes are better than mine, skip this next bit down to the end of this post, and there is the banter - what you describe is a situation where the engine evaluates the top block true, when Imoen is actually not recognized.

This would lead to a crash. But I can't see where the darned block is going wrong :(

here is the only waking talk I can find for SharTeel, and it doesn't include Imoen at all... and it is triggered off of her regular BCS, and it has the words you describe:
/* morning after */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#ShartSex","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",0)
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See(Player1)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",1)
RealSetGlobalTimer("X#DreamTalk","GLOBAL",180)
END

IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",1)
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("shart99")
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END
triggering
/////* morning after */
IF WEIGHT #-2 ~%BGT_VAR% Global("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN SHPC5
SAY @77
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @78 DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",2)~ GOTO SHPC5.1
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @79 DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",2)~GOTO SHPC5.1
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @80 DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",2)~ GOTO SHPC5.2
END

Looking for anything of Shatreels which tosses back and forth with Imoen, to see if there is something not lining up in terms of logic... here is the only Sharteel started banter that includes Imoen, as far as I can tell:

CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-1 ~CombatCounter(0)
%BGT_VAR% << this will be the EndOfBG check on your install<<
InParty("%IMOEN_DV%")
Global("X#SHIM1","LOCALS",0)
!See([ENEMY])
InParty(Myself)
See("%IMOEN_DV%")
!StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~%SHARTEEL_BANTER%~ SHIM1
@208 //  @208  = ~Must you continue this infernal racket?!~
DO ~SetGlobal("X#SHIM1","LOCALS",1)~
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ @209 [url=""]//@209[/url]  = ~*happily humming* Huh? What racket?~
== ~%SHARTEEL_BANTER%~ @210
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ @211
== ~%SHARTEEL_BANTER%~ @212
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ @213
EXIT

Can you check/send your BSHART and BIMOEN2 decompiled?

Edited by cmorgan, 21 January 2008 - 06:37 PM.

#39 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

HOLD ON... found the offending spot. But I don't know what is going wrong...

Well if I understand correctly, it is Sharteel kicking off a waking banter, or possibly a resting banter -so SHARTD.BCS.

Just in case your eyes are better than mine, skip this next bit down to the end of this post, and there is the banter - what you describe is a situation where the engine evaluates the top block true, when Imoen is actually not recognized.

This would lead to a crash. But I can't see where the darned block is going wrong :(

here is the only waking talk I can find for SharTeel, and it doesn't include Imoen at all... and it is triggered off of her regular BCS, and it has the words you describe:

/* morning after */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#ShartSex","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",0)
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",1)
RealSetGlobalTimer("X#DreamTalk","GLOBAL",180)
END

IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",1)
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("shart99")
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END
triggering
/////* morning after */
IF WEIGHT #-2 ~%BGT_VAR% Global("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN SHPC5
SAY @77
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @78 DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",2)~ GOTO SHPC5.1
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @79 DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",2)~GOTO SHPC5.1
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @80 DO ~SetGlobal("X#SharMorning1","GLOBAL",2)~ GOTO SHPC5.2
END

Looking for anything of Shatreels which tosses back and forth with Imoen, to see if there is something not lining up in terms of logic... here is the only Sharteel started banter that includes Imoen, as far as I can tell:

CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-1 ~CombatCounter(0)
%BGT_VAR% << this will be the EndOfBG check on your install<<
InParty("%IMOEN_DV%")
Global("X#SHIM1","LOCALS",0)
!See([ENEMY])
InParty(Myself)
See("%IMOEN_DV%")
!StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~%SHARTEEL_BANTER%~ SHIM1
@208 //  @208  = ~Must you continue this infernal racket?!~
DO ~SetGlobal("X#SHIM1","LOCALS",1)~
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ @209 [url=""]//@209[/url]  = ~*happily humming* Huh? What racket?~
== ~%SHARTEEL_BANTER%~ @210
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ @211
== ~%SHARTEEL_BANTER%~ @212
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ @213
EXIT

Can you check/send your BSHART and BIMOEN2 decompiled?

I just took a look at BSHART.dlg & BIMOEN2.dlg files. It looks like in my install, that banter is STATE 191 for BSHART and the response is looking for STATE 331 in BIMOEN2. Unfortunately my BIMOEN2 only has 26 STATES in it and they all have to do with talking with Kachiko, so obviously it was overwritten. I'm guessing that it was TS-BP that overwrote it since my BIMOEN2.dlg resides in the TS-DLG.bif. I'll need to do some more looking and see exactly what occured, but that would explain the "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" indication.
Attached is the BIMOEN2.d from the TS-BP/dlg install folder. I assume that it should have begun with APPEND ~BIMOEN2~ instead of BEGIN ~BIMOEN2~ ???

Attached Files

Edited by erebusant, 21 January 2008 - 07:52 PM.

It takes a village...

#40 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:11 PM

Almost certainly. If you are installing TS after BG1 NPC, it should be APPEND BIMOEN2.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum