• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:00 PM

Almost certainly. If you are installing TS after BG1 NPC, it should be APPEND BIMOEN2.

That being the case, I've found the BIMOEN2.dlg file that was created during the BG1NPC installation in my over.bak folder from the SoS install that immediately followed the BG1NPC/PORTRAITS/MUSIC part of my install. Does anyone know (since the strings exist in the dialog.tlk for the original BIMOEN2.dlg file) if I take the BIMOEN2.dlg from my SoS/over.bak folder, overwrite the BIMOEN2.dlg in my override folder (or put it there to take precedence over the BIMOEN2.dlg in my TS-DLG.bif) and then write a short .tp2 to compile the BIMOEN2.d file from the TS-BP install directory using the associated .tra from the TS-BP folder after changing the start of it to APPEND instead of BEGIN, will it just add to the dialog.tlk with new strings that are associated with my new BIMOEN2.dlg and I can merrily go on my way, or will the dialog.tlk be hopelessly fubarred and require a fresh installation to rectify this?

It takes a village...

#42 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:09 PM

If you are using all weidu mods, you should be able to just make the change and reinstall TS. It is weidu, so it will have a backup file too, of all the material it overwrote.

I'm not saying that you won't have any weirdness, because you, of all people should know that string scrambling is just one of the possibilities, but you should be OK reinstalling.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#43 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

Here's a fix for Nalin.dlg being overwritten by NEJ2 install after BGT.

Only use this fix if you have NEJ2v691 installed AFTER BGT.

Attached Files

Edited by erebusant, 28 January 2008 - 09:22 PM.

It takes a village...

#44 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

erm.. erebusant - may want to check that .tp2... you have the NALIN.tra and NALIN.D, but the tp2 contents are "Make Shoal Encounter More Plausible"...

and man, you are a saint for busting through this stuff. It seriously makes my brain hurt.

#45 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:26 PM

erm.. erebusant - may want to check that .tp2... you have the NALIN.tra and NALIN.D, but the tp2 contents are "Make Shoal Encounter More Plausible"...

and man, you are a saint for busting through this stuff. It seriously makes my brain hurt.

Crap!! That's what happens when you throw something together when you're juggling running to the store, and chopping up the garlic for the lamb,,, <_< Thanks for the catch cmorgan. :cheers: It's fixed now, and I re-uploaded it.

It takes a village...

#46 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:29 AM

What? Why is that? Is Vlad starting to touch a whole lot more stuff in BGT with NeJ2 now?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#47 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:15 AM

What? Why is that? Is Vlad starting to touch a whole lot more stuff in BGT with NeJ2 now?

This is the same issue as here: http://www.shsforums...p...26&hl=Brage. I think it has to do with some of the content he uses in case someone does NOT have BGT installed, but it isn't seperated out in his .tp2 with an install check for BGT like a portion of the content is.

It takes a village...

#48 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

Fixed internally on my game and a .tp2 recommendation sent to Vlad for him to implement as he chooses fit. Basically just took all the subfolders of the NEJ3 folder and cut any duplicate files from a clean BGT install into a further subfolder named BGT and placed a BGT check in the .tp2 to only copy those files over, and compile those dialogs if BGT was NOT installed.

It takes a village...

#49 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, but what is Vlad doing with all these NPCs? Adding new content?
If he is, I suggest that he doesn't overwrite any of them, but work around it by using his own prefixed versions of CREs, DLGs, and etc.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#50 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:10 PM

Well everything seems to run smoothly except the Shar-teel romance. I had the same problems as erebusant, and did the SetGlobal("X#ShMale","Global",1). Force talked and the flirts go ahead every once in a while but the lovetalks do not progress after the 1st one, and she replies "fair enough". It's been weeks since she joined and nothing further happens. All stats are ok for romance - ST, rep, etc. No idea why its stalled.

I might add that other than this the mod is quite good. The banters are worth it especially between shar teel and edwin.

Only other problem was entering the firewine ruins. I thought it was a Coran quest problem but its more likely the area got corrupted in my install.

#51 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:10 PM

Check X#SharInterest global variable. If it's 3, it's just Shar doexn't like you.

#52 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:01 AM

He's getting the flirts, so I don't think he killed the romance.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#53 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hi all, I checked with Shadowkeeper. The variables starting with X#SHAR are:

1)checkflirtearly 1
2)flirtearly 0
3)flirtearly time 6091918
4)interest 1
5)interesttalk 1
6)interesttime 3866957
7)kivanjoin 1
8)match 1
9)morning1 2
10)pctalks 3584281
11)pctimerstarted 1
12)teelrep 1
13)tsex 1
14)tstephan1 1
15)yeslickjoin 1

these are without shar at beginning of the line:
16)shchdone 1
17)shmale 2

Thanks

#54 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

Is there any way to force the talks to progress through clua console? I couldn't find a variable for shar lovetalks.

#55 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:44 PM

Is there any way to force the talks to progress through clua console? I couldn't find a variable for shar lovetalks.

What is your rep, by the way? I've found if you progress up to 10 or above, you'll get the flirts but the lovetalks get put on hold until you do something that is not particularly nice, like skewering some innnocent to get your rep below 10 again. Then the lovetalk fires immediately.

Edited by erebusant, 09 March 2008 - 05:44 PM.

It takes a village...

#56 seden

seden
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

Since the v15 of the BG NPC Project as been released on the 10 of this month (March 2008) and is stated to be fully worlking for both Tutu & BGT is this thread still required ?

Same goes for the files listed on the BGT dl location, as it is its pretty hard to find what's going :(

#57 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

Since the v15 of the BG NPC Project as been released on the 10 of this month (March 2008) and is stated to be fully worlking for both Tutu & BGT is this thread still required ?

Same goes for the files listed on the BGT dl location, as it is its pretty hard to find what's going :(

This is just a bug thread. I'll start a new one. 'Fully working' is really a claim, not a fact. It will be 'fully working' until someone finds a bug.

--------------
Retired Modder