is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:12 AM

Posted Image
#25 Challenge:
Jan Jansen
Deadline: Friday, 11th January
Post your piece in this topic!

Welcome everybody to the 25th Fanart Challenge! This time the stage opens to Jan - our favourite rambling mocking story-telling turnip-loving inventor-illusionist gnome! Feel free to illustrate him during any of his in-game stories, during his quest, or - the best of all - show us the stories or the inventions you would like to have him share. Remember though folks, that this is not about fanfiction, but fanart, so I expect to see lots of sparkly bright colors of his rather unique robes!

Have fun! The style is free, and you have two weeks to come up with your visions of Jan!

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:27 AM

Jan, after an invention sent him into WoW.

post_5286_1192199943.jpg

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#3 SpAE

SpAE

explodes into glitter when provoked

• 103 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:48 AM

...*squeal* Oh man that is cute!

#4 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:17 AM

Oh my, Jan is not very popular, is he? I understand, however, that January's challenges might not be that popular anyways due to our Art Contest. ;)

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#5 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:47 AM

Well since I'm lacking in the arty field when it comes to drawing, I wonder if anyone minds a drow Jan?

Hm, no idea if this could actually be counted into things, but eh - one hour's work, may as well show it eh? :)

By the way: the name Uncle Spanky was used in reference to a lil Viconia joke, among other things. <_<

Drow_Jan.jpg

Sorry for the hard to see visibility, you would not believe how much a problem contrast can be with this picture.
And yes, he is meant to be wearing sunglasses. ^_^

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#6 SpAE

SpAE

explodes into glitter when provoked

• 103 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

:D That blue sheen is kinda glowy, I like it. (That's Agent Jansen to us? Am also embarrassed to admit that I don't remember that joke.)

Also, there are still a couple of hours (depending on your timezone) til the deadline, right? Right? Where is everyone this fortnight?

#7 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:46 AM

Everyone's panicking about the contest! At least I hope they are. Well, not panicking but drawing their fab entries.

And yes, I'd say 6 more hours at least. :D

#8 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:31 AM

Oh noes! The time is up! Jan wasn't very popular, but maybe Love would inspire you more? Or maybe Team Spirit?

Entries are still welcome to this challenge after this post, they just aren't counted to the stats anymore. :)