We want your help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:05 AM

We are still actively expanding the Soundset mod to give more choices and a wider variety in voice, writing and style, so that essentially we would have something for everyone! We are looking for voicers and writers to join this project.

Do you have a microphone and the spark of a dream of being an actor? ;) Do you have ideas for characters and the pen firmly in your hand? Come join us in the making of Soundsets so you can get to make the sounds you always wanted for your PC!

As for what kind of a work load this would prove to be - one soundset has 36 lines. For someone used to writing that is hardly much, and one can easily record 36 lines in less than an hour. A bit a of creativity and courage to go nuts in voicing is all what is needed in this fun project. :)

Holler us here or contact Ilmatar if you got interested!

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 Caelellowynn

Caelellowynn
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:01 AM

Thanks Kaeloree for pointing me in the right direction. Yeah I know different name here (I got all messed up but hey at least my avatars the same even if I can't get my name straightened out :rolleyes: ).

I'm definitely interested. I have a soundset I am finishing up now minus the Hide in Shadows succes. For some reason that one always bothered me going over and over again ( I can put it in though). Anyway just let me know ... well... whatever it is I need to know.

Currently I have it in .ogg but I'm just figuring out its supposed to be in .wav for a soundset. 16 bit 44100 Hz is that going to be okay or do I need to record it again at 22050 Hz? Still learning

I edited this in: it only takes an hour if you know what you are doing. I umm...didn't... and I will never I say never admit how long those first 35 took me. LOL

Edited by Shade13, 09 January 2008 - 02:03 AM.

Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself- Mark Twain

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?- Steven Wright

Have you ever noticed.... Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? - George Carlin

#3 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:33 AM

I edited this in: it only takes an hour if you know what you are doing. I umm...didn't... and I will never I say never admit how long those first 35 took me. LOL

Alright, I admit I was stumbling for a long time as well with mine. :D But let's put it this way - if you've rehearsed your lines beforehand, it takes less than an hour? ;)

Anyways, thanks for popping in! We'd definately be interested in checking out your set. :)

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:35 AM

PM etc sent... :)

#5 Heartless

Heartless
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

I'll be sending some stuff.

#6 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

As Ilmatar is currently not very active on the forums, please send the stuff to either myself or K'aeloree. Thanks for the interest! :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#7 Heartless

Heartless
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

You got it man. I mean, for Mac users at least, NWN2 is dead. (Until a patch) so it's either NWN1 (which sucks) or BG2. So, I have nothing better to do then play BG2 until Quicktime is fixed. Which isn't likely.