BG2 races

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 --daniel--

--daniel--

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:47 AM

Is there any mod/add-on which add more races into BG2?

Like in IWD2 I can select for example a drow, then the character looks like drow etc.
Or can this be added into BG2?? Thanks.

#2 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:01 AM

It is hard coded in the game where new races cannot be added to the game.

What can be done are subraces though dialogue once you start a new game.

There are two versions of mods like this, one by Welverin, and the other by FinnJO.

You can download both here.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#3 --daniel--

--daniel--

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:13 AM

Thank you for your help

#4 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

I would recommend the one by FinnJO. It is really quite nice.

The only thing I would stress is that if you decide to install the "subraces for BioWare NPCs" component, you install the mod early, *very early* in the installation, even before you apply the BG2 Fixpack.

You see, FinnJO's mod overwrites the CREs for the BioWare NPCs. Yes, I know that isn't such a great idea, but that's how it was done back in the old days. I've got it ahead of the BG2 Fixpack in my game, and apart from not particularly liking Keldorn's new portrait or his coloring, everything is working just fine.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#5 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:50 AM

I would recommend the one by FinnJO. It is really quite nice.

The only thing I would stress is that if you decide to install the "subraces for BioWare NPCs" component, you install the mod early, *very early* in the installation, even before you apply the BG2 Fixpack.

You see, FinnJO's mod overwrites the CREs for the BioWare NPCs. Yes, I know that isn't such a great idea, but that's how it was done back in the old days. I've got it ahead of the BG2 Fixpack in my game, and apart from not particularly liking Keldorn's new portrait or his coloring, everything is working just fine.

Heh, despite my disastrous experience with the other Subrace mod, I'm tempted to try this one. Might as well, since my testing is pretty much at a standstill, what with not knowing the safest order in which to install the rest of the mods I want to add (Import Items, Refinements, tbtweaks, BG2 Tweaks, Crossmod, and virtue). Add to this the problem that Crossmod Banter Pack v.7 will not install to my system, but the mod is a MUST HAVE for me. What to do? *Sigh*

- E

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?