Challenge 9: An Unusually Cold Winter in Baldur's Gate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

PROLOGUE

An annoying, childlish voice sounded through the air.
?Hey Kivvy! Wait!?
Kivan sighed and turned around. That stupid little girl in her pink clothes stood before him, with her dumb smile on her face. Kivan sighed again.
?What is it??
?See, everyone is off to somewhere in town, so I can?t find them. And I really need to go shopping! But I don?t know where any of the stores are here!?
She looked at him with wide, innocent eyes.
Kivan rolled his eyes. ?And why do you expect me to do something about that? Leve me alone...?
?Why are you always such a jerk to everyone?? And with that she walked back into the Elfsong tavern, her head hanging low.
Kivan frowned. Since they had met the annoying little halfling ? the only one who Kivan found more childlish and chatty than Imoen ? it seemed that Imoen was getting worse; Kivan was surprised that she hadn?t painted her hair pink too... not yet, Kivan expected.
And if all that wasn?t enough, it also just had to suddenly be an unusually cold winter, with snow and ice everywhere, which made him wonder how Safana survived with that little clothes on.
He stood there a few seconds, sighed again, and then walked further, looking for Shalyra.

------------------

That's all for now, more coming soon!

Edited by Dave Greenblade, 15 January 2008 - 12:19 PM.

Posted Image
Signature under construction...

#2 SpAE

SpAE

explodes into glitter when provoked

• 103 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:06 AM

Aloooooora <3<3<3<3

Cute piece, looking forward to more.
(Also, minor nitpick: 'He stood there' might sound a little better than 'he standed' :))

#3 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:11 AM

Okay, I'll put the first chapter today or tomorrow.

Oops, there my bad grammar goes again! I guess the fact that I'm Belgian-Italian is no excuse? :P
Posted Image

#4 SpAE

SpAE

explodes into glitter when provoked

• 103 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:09 AM

:P Being a second language learner just means you get to have heaps of fun learning the ins and outs of, and messing with the grammar of, the language you're learning, til you can manipulate it in ways that are correct but unheard of by native speakers. (unless you don't find linguistics sexy. Er. Entertaining. :()

#5 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:15 AM

Actually, I just automatically learned english from the moment I had ADSL, because I could get to all the englis sites for more than just half an hour a day :P
Posted Image