Problem with Boots of Speed & Endurance

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 -Master_Denton-

-Master_Denton-

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:37 AM

hi,
i'm playing with refinements for the first time and and i gave my ranger the hla endurance.
but when i use it the boots of speed dont work anymore, its like endurance overrides the effect.
the movement bonus from normal haste still works.
the only mod im using that changes the behaviour of boots of speed is the g3 fixpack v4.
does anyone else have this problem ?

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

RTFSD.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:23 PM

From the readme:

Endurance
This innate ability grants the ranger greater endurance for 5 hours. He gains a 25% bonus to movement rate (non-cumulative with Boots of Speed) [...]

SD == spell description?

#4 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:25 PM

SD == spell description?

Yes.

Also, since this isn't BWL I don't edit/delete your posts, but 'RTF*' doesn't mean others should copy the relevant bits form the readme, but let the asker do his work.

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#5 -Master_Denton-

-Master_Denton-

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

i know endurance isnt supposed to give a 25% bonus that adds to the bonus of the boots,
but when i use the ability i completly loose the speed bonus of the boots and my char is actually
slower than before (though still faster then someone without haste).
maybe i didnt understand the description and thats how its supposed to work but im not sure so im just asking

#6 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:20 PM

i know endurance isnt supposed to give a 25% bonus that adds to the bonus of the boots,

This is expected. When non-cumulative, it's assumed that permanent effects are overriden by item effects which are overriden by cast effects.

EDIT: blah, it's not because of that, it's because of how movement rate modifications (don't) stack. I believe that removing and re-equipping the Boots should fix the problem.

Edited by the bigg, 04 February 2008 - 03:29 PM.

#7 -Master_Denton-

-Master_Denton-

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

This is expected. When non-cumulative, it's assumed that permanent effects are overriden by item effects which are overriden by cast effects.

EDIT: blah, it's not because of that, it's because of how movement rate modifications (don't) stack. I believe that removing and re-equipping the Boots should fix the problem.

i already tried that, didnt work :(

#8 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

Works for me, though.

#9 -Master_Denton-

-Master_Denton-

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:21 AM

hm :(
so do u have fixpack installed or do u think its unrelated to the changes it makes to the boots?

#10 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:32 AM

OK, I've checked a couple of files and I have a suspicion.
Can you try to drop the attached file into your portraits directory (yes, the portraits directory) and see if it helps? If so, then I can fix Refinements accordingly.

Attached File  BOOT01.ITM   210bytes   190 downloads

Edited by the bigg, 05 February 2008 - 09:45 AM.

#11 Master_Denton

Master_Denton
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:00 AM

i tried it but, but didnt help
here are the files:
Attached File  TG_ENDU.SPL   874bytes   188 downloadsAttached File  boot01.itm   210bytes   170 downloadsAttached File  WeiDU.log   4.96K   175 downloads

#12 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:10 AM

Ach. Try dropping also this tg#endu.spl into the portraits directory (remember to rename from tg_endu.spl to tg#endu.spl... the board is too stupid to keep file names as they are). Now endurance might stack with the boots (making you faster), but I'm sure you don't mind ;)

Attached File  TG_ENDU.SPL   874bytes   215 downloads

#13 Master_Denton

Master_Denton
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:18 AM

hey that did it ^^
and i actually works like its supposed to, my char is now as fast as the other nps in my party with boots of speed, and without the boots he is faster then the others without boots

Edited by Master_Denton, 05 February 2008 - 10:21 AM.

#14 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:46 PM

Also, since this isn't BWL I don't edit/delete your posts, but 'RTF*' doesn't mean others should copy the relevant bits form the readme, but let the asker do his work.

Allright, I keep that in mind.
I found it quite difficult to decode the SD part of RTFSD, so I just wanted to build a bridge for Master_Denton. :)