Art Contest Winners

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:08 PM

The voting has ended and we now have the results of the Spellhold Studios' Art Contest!

1st Raide
F) Baldur's Gate fanart by Raide
entryf.jpg

2nd RedTyga
G)Baldur's Gate fanart by RedTyga
entryg.jpg

3rd Orthodoxia
shared place with two of her pieces that both got 10% of the votes:
B) Neverwinter Nights fanart
entryb.jpg

D) Neverwinter Nights fanart
entryd.jpg

Congratulation to all three of you fantastic artists! Please take a look at the prize story author list, winners:
  • Kellen picked by Raide
  • Jarno Mikkola
  • Rianess picked by RedTyga
  • KedorLao
  • quinlan
  • Tempest
Raide gets to pick his author first, RedTyga gets second pick, and Orthodoxia gets third pick. Please drop a line here in this topic and choose the authors so they can get to work!

All artist names have been added to the entry thread now so you can go check who made what. ;) A big thanks to everybody who participated - all pieces were fantastic and the contest was a lot of fun!

Edited by Ilmatar, 17 February 2008 - 08:30 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 RedTyga

RedTyga
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

Awesomesauce!

Congrats to Raide :D

#3 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

Well, this seems to have worked out nicely. Well done, everybody.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

Congratulations Raide, RedTyga and Orthodoxia! :hug: Awesome work :D

#5 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:15 PM

Looks like Raide (understandably) rolled the competition. Congrats!

The other two winners put out some good stuff, too, though :) .
(I like parentheses.)

#6 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

Congrats Raide, Tyga, and Doxia.

:clap::clap::clap:
:Bow::Bow::Bow:
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#7 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:02 AM

Raide's submission became my wallpaper on the first day I saw it. :)

#8 SpAE

SpAE

explodes into glitter when provoked

• 103 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:35 AM

:D Congrats to all, they're all just gorgeous pieces.

#9 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:38 AM

Well deserved congratulations to Raide and RedTyga :D

I love how this competition turned out.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#10 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:52 AM

Very good, very beautifull all of you. Congratulations!!:)
I couldn't draw my way out of a paper bag, even if my life depended on it.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#11 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:05 AM

Really nice submissions, everyone. I'm jealous, for sure, of all of you. Congratulations, Raide, RedTyga and Doxia for your excellent pictures and for wining first, second and third place respectively. Well deserved, methinks. :)

#12 Raide

Raide
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:37 AM

Thanks everyone! It's been a long time I haven't finish any worthwhile piece, so I'm glad at least I do get something from it. :D

Though things could be much more fun if scarlet-dragonchild could finish her piece for this contest before the deadline--since she's the one dragging me to join this contest... Anyway, right now she's working with Kulyok's Icewind Dale 1, five NPCs portraits; both mod and drawing is in process, so let's wait until it's available to play! (Heh, just a little promotion ;D)

I have the overall ideas already but give me time to think more about it... 2 days should be maxs-- giving time for RedTyga and Orthodoxia to do the same, I guess ;D. Sorry for the troubles^^

#13 Githzerai

Githzerai

Karach Seems True

• 69 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

Congratulations everyone, you've done some great work there, I envy you. The winning piece is simply gorgeous, but the other three aren't far behind either. This was really a successful contest.

Edited by Githzerai, 16 February 2008 - 02:01 PM.

#14 Raide

Raide
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:07 AM

I'm picking Kellen as the author who'd work a story based on my piece. Expect a PM to come soon^^

#15 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:54 AM

Wonderful! Now it's RedTyga's turn to pick. :)

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#16 RedTyga

RedTyga
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:28 AM

Decisions decisions

I'll go with Rianess :D

#17 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:31 AM

Okies! Now it's Doxia's turn to pick her author. :)

#18 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:42 AM

One or two? :D
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#19 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:43 AM

:D! Let's say one, and the author can choose which one s/he works on? That cool?

#20 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:49 AM

:D Ok. Let it be Tempest then.
Posted Image