Hlondeth

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:14 AM

I'm in Hlondeth and I've just finished the Brimstone Bridge quest with the undead. What other quests are there here, and how might I get them? I've heard that there's supposed to be one at the Temple of Mystra. I've been there, did the star puzzle on the floor thing and after many zappings got the altar open, which just led to some loot. There's still the hidden door which I can't open, can't Knock, and can't pick, and neither of the two priests in the temple have anything important to say.

Charlie's tavern is marked on the map, but Charlie does nothing other than serve strange-tasting brew. That other inn owner, Ezekaiel, says he's too busy to talk to me. There's also the house on the eastern side of town that is guarded by a yuan-ti, which I can't access. So how to go about it? I've talked to many people and it seems like this city is just full of people with diverse and interesting-sounding professions who go about complaining about the weather a lot.

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

Hlondeth Secession starts when Rynn NPC spawns inside the same place as the weapons merchant. His name escapes me but he is the one that gives and concludes the quest with undead, "Close to Home". Rynn will ask you to kill some yuan-ti and you will find them in the area where you saw the lone yuan-ti outside except they are in a wharehouse nearbye. When you kill them check your globals with ShadowKeeper to make sure SpriteIsDead YuanTi and the value is at least 10 for Rynn to give you access to the temple. Then you will be able to go to the House Extanimos where the main Yuan-ti are and Rynn has to join your party, but she is temporary.
Good luck!
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:02 AM

Hey thanks, Hoppy. Once again, you're a big help.

#4 -Jonny-

-Jonny-

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

Hi guys,

i've got the same problem, but i can't even find the weapons merchant. :(
I searched all 3 areas of Hlondeth several times ...

Bye

Jonny

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:56 PM

Central area above and to the right of Charlie's Pub. There is a little sign that is hard to see but gives an info string when clicked.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 -Jonny-

-Jonny-

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

Thanks a lot, i've found him (after some time off). He told me about the undead and after taking victory at the bridge i came back and got his sword. After that he hasn't got anything to say anymore. Is that intended?

(I've killed already the Yuan-Ti in the warehouse and after the merchant got silent, i killed the Yuan-Ti in the church as well. Any chance to start the other missions?)

#7 -Jonny-

-Jonny-

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Sorry for double posting, but as a guest i can't edit my entries.

I've forgot to tell you i talked to rynn as well, but i had to use shadowkeeper to start the dialog to get the chest. As i got the chest already, i'm trying now to find the hiding guy.

#8 --plague--

--plague--

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:18 AM

What did you change to start the talk. Im facing the same problem and cant get any further in the quest

#9 anathema83

anathema83
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

What did you change to start the talk. Im facing the same problem and cant get any further in the quest

Try this: SetGlobal("Sprite_Is_DeadYuanti",GLOBAL",11) It worked for me

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:01 AM

For some reason the counter does not collect the number of the Yuan Tis in the Hlondeth areas. However other yuan tis in D'arnisse or TDD areas register. It may need a different death variable check if the Hlondeth ones have a variable of CBYUANTI or some thing to that effect. Rynn's dialog would only be changed if this is the case.

Just some technical garble not directed at anyone in particular, just for a future bug fix so I don't forget.

EDIT: If CRE files from CtB:

CBHLDYT1
" "2
" "3
" "4

all have death variables of YUANTI instead of their current ones, then they will add up as SPRITE_IS_DEADYUANTI in the counter and this will make the quest more local to the Hlondeth areas.

EDIT:Tested creatures with changing the death variables and all worked well.

Edited by Hoppy, 07 March 2009 - 07:53 AM.

- King Diamond

#11 JustGans

JustGans
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:12 AM

CBHLDYT1
" "2
" "3
" "4

all have death variables of YUANTI instead of their current ones, then they will add up as SPRITE_IS_DEADYUANTI in the counter and this will make the quest more local to the Hlondeth areas.

True. It works :)

But I have some problems with Undead quest in the Bridge location. Is it time quest? I had rest five or six times after taking it and when I've reached the location there was no zombies or somebody else. Just bodies and no more :)

Edited by JustGans, 30 August 2009 - 04:21 AM.

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

CBHLDYT1
" "2
" "3
" "4

True. It works :)

But I have some problems with Undead quest in the Bridge location. Is it time quest? I had rest five or six times after taking it and when I've reached the location there was no zombies or somebody else. Just bodies and no more :)

It is a timed quest and I think the limit is three days after Valiant initializes it.

Thank you for reminding me about these creature fixes. I had completely forgot about them and I will add to my next update :cheers:

Edited by Hoppy, 30 August 2009 - 10:40 AM.

- King Diamond

#13 -Grrr-

-Grrr-

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

Hi,

I got  similar problem. 

I finished with Valiant, talked to Rynn, killed the yuan-ti, talked to Rynn again, did  the annoying star puzzle thing, looted the altar - no chest. The secret door remains locked.

So I used Near Infinity to explore the temple, found out you needed a "stone key" (cbmysttp.itm) to open the door. I went around Hlondeth talking to everyone I met (and pick-pocketing them, for good measure), but still found no stone key.

any idea how I get to open the door?

#14 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:53 AM

Hi,

I got  similar problem. 

I finished with Valiant, talked to Rynn, killed the yuan-ti, talked to Rynn again, did  the annoying star puzzle thing, looted the altar - no chest. The secret door remains locked.

So I used Near Infinity to explore the temple, found out you needed a "stone key" (cbmysttp.itm) to open the door. I went around Hlondeth talking to everyone I met (and pick-pocketing them, for good measure), but still found no stone key.

Well do as Son of Bhaal  :devil: should be doing:

Spoiler

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#15 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

Hi,

I got  similar problem. 

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#16 -Savos-

-Savos-

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:26 AM

Basically...I dun goofed and missed the opportunity to slay the undead at the brimstone bridge, because I traveled to some other place (my keep actually, since the guy made it sound like some sort of emergency) and since it's about a week long march to get anywhere...

Unfortunately the last save prior to accepting this quest is pre transitioning to BG2, so I'd rather not do that again, and I don't wanna miss out on all the grandiose loot.

Anyway, is there a way to reset the timer, or the quest by the way of changing or removing some global variables?

#17 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:40 AM

Put bigger number to global "CbCloseToHomeTimer".

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#18 -Savos-

-Savos-

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

Put bigger number to global "CbCloseToHomeTimer".

Oh, how wonderful, that worked out perfectly.

#19 -Savos-

-Savos-

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:46 AM

I did the quest, Valiant gave me the rapier but there is no Rynn. So I figured I'd give it some time and came back about 3 weeks later. Still no Rynn. I reduced the timer to 1 (in the previous alteration I had added a quite a lot of digits to an already high number). Anyway, no Rynn, so I created one, she told me to kill some serpents...so I went to the Serpent Compound...talked to the guard outside, he said nothing of interest. Am I just supposed to attack them?

#20 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:44 AM

I did the quest, Valiant gave me the rapier but there is no Rynn. So I figured I'd give it some time and came back about 3 weeks later. Still no Rynn. I reduced the timer to 1 (in the previous alteration I had added a quite a lot of digits to an already high number). Anyway, no Rynn, so I created one, she told me to kill some serpents...so I went to the Serpent Compound...talked to the guard outside, he said nothing of interest. Am I just supposed to attack them?

There are randomly spawned yuan-ti in the warehouse in the south of one of the town areas.This quest is a bit tricky as NPCs and enemies spawn randomly and there are timers as well.

DO NOT attack the guardian in front of the serpent HQ until Rynn says so. Also check out Mystra's temple somewhere in town.

Edited by Roxanne, 08 March 2016 - 01:46 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*