Challenge 11: Arcane Divine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

The first time I spoke the words that would become the power to heal wounds, I knew it could only be Corellon's gift to me. The words grew on my tongue, taking root and blossoming into power that rushed through my body and into my hands, making them warm, tingly. As I touched my brother, the power did not surge, but flowed, like water being gently poured from a decanter.

When one heals another, the soul of the one being healed will invariably react, and the healer will be able to feel it. Some bump gently against my hand, like a cat wanting to be petted. Some launch up to meet my power, melding lightly around my touch. Some will stay in contact just enough for the body to be healed, and then they are quickly away.

Some have souls like slippery fish, they will not stay in contact for very long, and are constantly slip-sliding away from my grasp. Once, and only once, have I healed someone without a soul... that being Imoen, after we rescued her from Spellhold. It was like plunging into ice cold water, but there is no wetness, and the sound of the cold, dead, empty wind rushes up through your hand and into your head, rushing around until the magic is done and you remove your hand.

But healing is not all we do. Offensive spells, such as the flame strike, feel like electricity comes through the crown of your hand and out through your fingers. In those spells, I feel not like the power comes from me, but like a conduit for Corellon's wrath.

But for all others, the prayers I say every night seem to stay in my heart and are released when I speak the words of power. The magic lives within me, through me, and it is all thanks to Corellon Larethian, our Elven Father.

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#2 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

Hey Isilven,

Short, but excellent work. Nice imagery.
"I set on this journey trying to understand why has metal been stereotyped, dismissed, and condemned. My answer is this: if, listening to that music, you don't get that overwhelming rush of power that makes the hair stand at the back of your neck, you may never will. But you know what, it doesn't really matter. Because, judging from the 40 000 people around me, we're doing just fine without ya." :) Cheers! And two horns up for metalheads all around the world!

#3 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:35 PM

Curse my lack of time depth. Is it just me or does the narrator seem familar? ;) :D
Looks nice Isilven, and very detailed. :) :cheers:

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!