Photo

Druidic Cove CTD

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:56 PM

I have the Big World Mod installed. I get a CTD when I go to the Druidic Cove area AR1900. The crash occurs after a second or two of loading.

Any one else have this problem or know how to fix it?

#2 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:59 AM

This reminds me of my problem with ar1900.bcs some days ago. Something went wrong with my installation and cut off most code of this file. It had only 7 KB instead of 33 KB. Has this happened also with your file?

#3 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:45 AM

I still can't get to that area. Apparently it is required to go there as part of the "kidnapping of boo" quest from UB. I tried plunking in the override the original ar1900.are and BCS from a clean install as well as the are from BP177 to no luck. So I'm just hosed as far as keeping Minsc in the party in a Big World Install?

#4 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:54 AM

Can you post the contents of the error log?

#5 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:55 PM

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ObjAnimation.cpp
Line: 20462

Exp: m_currentVidCellShield == NULL

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

#6 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

Hm, this looks difficult. Probably a BAM or something.
You mentioned above that the crash occurs after loading. What if you pause the game after loading? Still crashing after the same period of time?

#7 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:29 PM

The loading doesn't complete.

Sorry it's tough to describe, I guess I don't know the right words, it takes too many words to describe easy things sometimes. The game does not get past the loading screen, it just begins loading then after a second or two while the circle starts to get filled, it crashes. Know what I mean?

#8 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:48 PM

How far do get in the loading process?
(Borrowed from berelinde's post:)

as to which file is the cause, yuo can tell by how far thru the loading process you get. if immediate black screen of death: corrupted creature listed in the .are file; if it makes it approx 1/3 thru loading screen: corrupted .are file; if almost the whole way: something corrupted aded via the .bcs file; if the whole way, area brielfy shows then CTD: animation conflict.

#9 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:14 AM

almost the whole way, 3/4ths maybe. As I've said I've plunked the original script .bcs in the override as well as ARE files from BGT and original install.

#10 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:52 AM

Then it's probably a creature, which is also added in the original bcs.
Try CLUAing in all of the following creatures:
  • drshnl01
  • cedruid1
  • grae
  • drshsp01
  • troll01

#11 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:32 AM

They all worked fine :(

Noticable delay on the first one

Edited by smeagolheart, 18 May 2008 - 07:33 AM.

#12 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:24 AM

I'm running out of ideas here.
You could try deleting the contents of ar1900.bcs (so that it's an empty file) and see if it loads. (Make a backup before.)

But I'm just guessing. Have you already visited the druid grove earlier in the game?

#13 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:19 AM

Seems mine crashes, too. I am nowhere close in my game but I CLUA and it sucked.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#14 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:06 AM

Try summoning TDR8A or TDR8B and see what happens :whistling:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#15 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:13 AM

Replace the TDR8B.CRE in SCSII backup in to override. Report back, please.

- King Diamond

#16 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

I couldn't find it in SCS2 but I found the file TDR8B.CRE and restored it from com_encounters\improved_druids and it did actually work

#17 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

It's one of the area actor creatures, right? (Should have added them to the creature list above.)
You might want to do a --change-log on the file to identify all possible suspects.

/Edit: Or maybe you don't need to do that. The effects offset of the tdr8b.cre (and many others) from com_encounters is zeroed, causing problems with all mods, which don't check for a valid effects offset before modifying the effects. (That's nearly every mod out there.) I reported something similar (hgdrasil.cre from QP) to the SCSII forum some time ago.
Since com_encounters brings his own cre files (instead of patching them), I wouldn't recommend installing it on a megamod.

Edited by Taimon, 18 May 2008 - 02:03 PM.

#18 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

I was thinking it may have been more of an incompatibility with COM encounters.

Edited by Hoppy, 18 May 2008 - 05:21 PM.

- King Diamond

#19 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

It's difficult to decide who is to blame. (CoM encounters for shipping creature files with a zeroed eff. offset or the mods patching that creature file for simply using the offset without checking whether it is zero or not.)
Of course, it is much easier to fix com_encounters.

#20 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:24 PM

It's difficult to decide who is to blame. (CoM encounters for shipping creature files with a zeroed eff. offset or the mods patching that creature file for simply using the offset without checking whether it is zero or not.)
Of course, it is much easier to fix com_encounters.

How would that look in the TP2 change for CoM? Just so that I have a better idea of what you mean.

- King Diamond