Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

File Name: Lucy the Wyvern
File Submitter: berelinde
File Submitted: 14 May 2008
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

This mod adds a twist to the encounter with Lucy, the wyvern in the Adventure Mart. To access this encounter, simply talk to Lucy with your Bhaalspawn PC.

Version 4 includes an Italian translation by ilot and a French translation by Le Marquis of the d'oghmatiques.

Read the Readme

SHS official GitHub alternate download center

Click here to download this file

Edited by Gwendolyne, 04 April 2020 - 07:58 AM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

For Scipio. :cheers:

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

:lol: :Bow:

But there is a bug, it keeps happening over and over, cause you didn't remove the wyvern, that is after I click it again... :hug:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 May 2008 - 10:40 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:05 AM

Damn, you beat me to it, but I trust in your superior modding owning skillz :cheers:
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#5 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

But there is a bug, it keeps happening over and over, cause you didn't remove the wyvern... :hug:

Uh, actually, I did. This is the cutscene:
IF
  True()
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	CutSceneId(Player1)
	FadeToColor([20.0],0)
	Wait(1)
	CreateCreature("b!lucy",[486.265],0)
	Wait(1)
	ActionOverride("lucy",DestroySelf())
	MoveViewObject(Myself,INSTANT)
	Wait(1)
	FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
	ActionOverride("b!lucy",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
END
And the wyvern disappeared in testing...

But just to be safe, I'll move the Wait(1) to right after the DestroySelf(), and maybe increase the time. That should do it.

berelinde's mods

#6 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

But there is a bug, it keeps happening over and over, cause you didn't remove the wyvern, that is after I click it again... :hug:

First, Berelinde, thanks again!!!

I didn't mind that Lucy was still there. You've made it clear that the wyvern is ethereal even if the modestly dressed cheerleader isn't. I couldn't repeat the experience by clicking on the wyvern again because she had no blue circle after the first encounter. I thought that was how you wanted it to work.

So is this mod going to set a world record by going from nothing to mod to revision in less time than it takes Jarno to stumble into one of those swamps?
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#7 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

Nah, it's just the unfortunate side-effect of using the faster computer for modding. I should have used the slower one, because it makes cutscene timing glitches more apparent. I'll change that around after work and upload v2.

Although the idea of a v2 of a giggle-mod is funny all by itself. :lol:

If you're curious, the whole thing went from reading Scipio's post to mod announcement in an hour and a half (most of which was spent trying to get NI to cooperate). But that isn't the fastest mod I ever did. That would be Homeward Bound v1, which went from idea to mod announcement in an hour-twenty, beating it out by ten minutes.

Edited by berelinde, 14 May 2008 - 01:21 PM.

berelinde's mods

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:56 AM

Is it compatible with Blonde Imoen and Rupert the Dye Merchant?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#9 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

Since there was no version 2 available of this mod, I was forced to mulch my BGII disks. :(
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#10 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:41 AM

There's a reported incompatibility with "Shards of Ice". I've got a workaround, but it's going to have to wait until after 2/14 for implementation.

berelinde's mods

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

Uh, actually, I did. This is the cutscene:

IF
  True()
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	CutSceneId(Player1)
	FadeToColor([20.0],0)
	Wait(1)
	CreateCreature("b!lucy",[486.265],0)
	Wait(1)
	ActionOverride("lucy",DestroySelf())
	MoveViewObject(Myself,INSTANT)
	Wait(1)
	FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
	ActionOverride("b!lucy",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
END

Hmm, could the thing be that the ActionOverride("lucy",DestroySelf()) would need to be
ActionOverride("amwyvern",DestroySelf())
:huh:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#12 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

Possible, but not the DV you suggest. That might also explain why some players had Lucy disappear, and others did not.

In any case, it's getting fixed, though it turns out that Shards of Ice is getting updated. Though Lucy might be, too.

berelinde's mods

#13 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

Russian Transaltion for Lucy the Wyvern :Bow:

Please update 8)

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#14 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

Russian Transaltion for Lucy the Wyvern :Bow:

Please update 8)

Sorry for double post :huh:

Attached Files

• Attached File  lucy.zip   1.61K   478 downloads

Edited by prowler, 10 January 2010 - 11:09 AM.

Murloc-translator

#15 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:27 AM

Berelinde, I've sent you the traified files of your mod with a German translation by Jarl last year via PM. Now, prowler has done it of his own, too and therefore the strings are different of both translations.

You told in the above post:

Possible, but not the DV you suggest. That might also explain why some players had Lucy disappear, and others did not.

In any case, it's getting fixed, though it turns out that Shards of Ice is getting updated. Though Lucy might be, too.

Since then, Lucy was not updated. If you have done changes to the mod, you could release it first and then I can traify the new version and add the two translations, so they will fit together with the new version, if you want.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 11 January 2010 - 06:28 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#16 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:49 AM

Sorry Leomar, it is my fault. :( Because I have an original mod, traified by someone else (I dunno who).
Now, I download original mod from kerzenburg.
Here corrected *.d file

Anyway mod need traify

Attached Files

Murloc-translator

#17 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

Leomar,

Thank you for your generous offer! I've updated the mod so that it will no longer conflict with Shards of Ice, and sent it to you via PM.

:cheers:
b

berelinde's mods

#18 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:07 AM

Version 2 is uploaded. It offers a German translation by Jarl and a Russian translation by Aerie.ru (thanks Prowler!). It no longer conflicts with Shards of Ice.

:cheers:

berelinde's mods

#19 -The Sigil-

-The Sigil-

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

An interesting note: MalwareBytes Anti Malware now shows both the Lucy v2 and the Shards of Ice v5 installation executibles as containing a malware it calls "Online.Gaming".

No other files show up on the scanner. The previous versions of neither mod showed up on MBAM's radar before the incompatibility issue was recently resolved between the two mods.

Any thoughts?

#20 -The Sigil-

-The Sigil-

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:55 PM

An interesting note: MalwareBytes Anti Malware now shows both the Lucy v2 and the Shards of Ice v5 installation executibles as containing a malware it calls "Online.Gaming".

No other files show up on the scanner. The previous versions of neither mod showed up on MBAM's radar before the incompatibility issue was recently resolved between the two mods.

Any thoughts?

just read a little more on various mod forums and saw the many (many) indications of Weidu causing false positives. My apologies and happy modding :)