• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:57 AM

1. Are you looking for a voice set for a man, a woman or something else?

Bardo Furfoot
Neutral good male halfling thief

Biography: When asked about his past, BARDO FURFOOT announces he is a halfling from the sleepy village of Gullykin. He was always restless in his surroundings as a boy. Although he loves Gullykin, he just wasn't happy living in Gullykin. His greatest wish was to have exciting adventures like the ones he's read about in books and heard from adventurers passing through his village. The inhabitants of Gullykin always found him daydreaming instead of doing his regular duties. To him, adventuring was everything. One day, his village was beset with a flurry of activity as the villagers had learned of a forest dragon that was on the move toward Gullykin. Gandolar Luckyfoot organized a group to battle the dragon before it could get much closer to the village. Bardo eagerly joined the effort, anxious to see some adventure finally.

2. How many lines would need to be voiced?

42-57.

3. Describe what kind of a voice you are after (tell something about the character if needed)!

He's a cheerful, eager halfling, supposedly a thief but really more of an archer. Here's a sampling of non-voiced clips such as the damage clip from the German version. I don't expect or even necessarily want the same voice, it's just an example. If you want to try for the halflingish voices in BG/BG2, that's fine too. If you have your own special halfling voice, also fine ;).

4. Preferred format of the audio files?

OGGs or WAVs

5. Any deadlines?

ASAP - a week or two would be good. (I'd try it myself, but I don't think I can manage a halfling voice and I'm already going to take a stab at clips I wrote for another unvoiced DSotSC NPC, Thorfinn the Barbarian...)

6. What game and what mod is this for?

Tutu, BGT and BG1.

7. Anything else you'd like to mention?

These lines were written and voiced for the German translation of Dark Side of the Sword Coast for BGT (the originals went to #26). I've translated them to English (with help from Evaine Dian and Taimon) and written a few more to enable inter-party NPC banter (clips 27-42). Finally, I included some extra sounds (43-57) in case someone wants to use this as a BG2 PC sound set. So I'd like at least the lines up to 26 recorded, preferably up to 42 and ideally all of them. Any attempts, feedback, etc. appreciated.

Filename	  Action				   Line
DS#BAR01.ogg  INITIAL_MEETING		  Hey, you! Wait a minute, yeah?
DS#BAR02.ogg  MORALE				   This is too much for me! I'm out of here...
DS#BAR04.ogg  HAPPY					With you, the adventuring life is more exciting than I ever would've considered possible!
DS#BAR05.ogg  UNHAPPY_ANNOYED		  I somehow expected more of your society.
DS#BAR06.ogg  UNHAPPY_SERIOUS		  I think I should go home. This here doesn't please me at all.
DS#BAR07.ogg  UNHAPPY_BREAKING_POINT   I'm out of here! Take care...
DS#BAR08.ogg  LEADER				   Do you really mean I'll get this?
DS#BAR09.ogg  TIRED					So I *yawn* could stand for a nap.
DS#BAR10.ogg  BORED					Why are we standing around? Onward to adventure...
DS#BAR03.ogg  BATTLE_CRY1			  I have enough arrows for all!
DS#BAR38.ogg  DAMAGE				   Ow!
DS#BAR39.ogg  DYING					Arghhhhh...
DS#BAR11.ogg  HURT					 Dallillia, help me!
DS#BAR12.ogg  AREA_FOREST			  Dangerous animals lie in wait everywhere in the forest. We must be watchful.
DS#BAR13.ogg  AREA_CITY				Gullykin is nothing compared with this city!
DS#BAR14.ogg  AREA_DUNGEON			 This here somehow reminds me of Grandpa's cellar... except for the monsters, of course.
DS#BAR15.ogg  AREA_DAY				 *whistle*
DS#BAR16.ogg  AREA_NIGHT			   Did you hear that? There's something there...
DS#BAR17.ogg  SELECT_COMMON1		   Yes?
DS#BAR18.ogg  SELECT_COMMON2		   Ahem?
DS#BAR19.ogg  SELECT_COMMON3		   Me again?
DS#BAR20.ogg  SELECT_ACTION1		   Okey-dokey.
DS#BAR21.ogg  SELECT_ACTION2		   Not a problem.
DS#BAR22.ogg  SELECT_ACTION3		   I'd do anything for a change.
DS#BAR23.ogg  SELECT_ACTION4		   That's enough, okay?
DS#BAR24.ogg  SELECT_ACTION5		   Yeah yeah, use the little ones to do it.
DS#BAR25.ogg  SELECT_ACTION6		   Ehm... *ahem*... what is it?
DS#BAR26.ogg  SELECT_ACTION7		   If I was in Gullykin now, I'd be twiddling my thumbs.
DS#BAR27.ogg  INSULT1				  Can't you go stand somewhere else?
DS#BAR28.ogg  INSULT2				  Cut the act, will ya?
DS#BAR29.ogg  COMPLIMENT1			  That's pretty amazing. Think you could teach me?
DS#BAR30.ogg  COMPLIMENT2			  I've never seen the like!
DS#BAR31.ogg  SPECIAL1				 I could use a good pipe about now.
DS#BAR32.ogg  SPECIAL2				 Did I ever tell you about the time I raided Gandolar's winery? Heh heh...
DS#BAR33.ogg  REACT_TO_DIE_GENERAL	 Oh no!
DS#BAR34.ogg  REACT_TO_DIE_SPECIFIC	About time. Did I say that aloud?
DS#BAR35.ogg  RESPONSE_TO_COMPLIMENT1  Nice of you to say so.
DS#BAR36.ogg  RESPONSE_TO_COMPLIMENT2  Hey, thanks. You're not half bad either.
DS#BAR37.ogg  RESPONSE_TO_COMPLIMENT3  Aw shucks.
DS#BAR40.ogg  RESPONSE_TO_INSULT1	  Did you say something?
DS#BAR41.ogg  RESPONSE_TO_INSULT2	  I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that.
DS#BAR42.ogg  RESPONSE_TO_INSULT3	  Yada yada yada. So anyway...
DS#BAR43.ogg  CRITICAL_MISS			Need to practice my aim.
DS#BAR44.ogg  SPELL_DISRUPTED		  Hm.
DS#BAR45.ogg  ATTACK1				  An adventure!
DS#BAR46.ogg  ATTACK2				  Let's get 'em!
DS#BAR47.ogg  ATTACK3				  This'll be good!
DS#BAR48.ogg  ATTACK4				  I'll back you up.
DS#BAR49.ogg  CRITICAL_HIT			 Practice pays off!
DS#BAR50.ogg  TARGET_IMMUNE			I can't hit 'em with this.
DS#BAR51.ogg  INVENTORY_FULL		   Eh... let's unload a bit first, yeah?
DS#BAR52.ogg  PICKED_POCKET			This'll fetch a few coins.
DS#BAR53.ogg  HIDDEN_IN_SHADOWS		They'll never find me!
DS#BAR54.ogg  SET_A_TRAP			   Surprise!
DS#BAR55.ogg  SELECT_COMMON4		   Uh huh?
DS#BAR56.ogg  SELECT_COMMON5		   Righto.
DS#BAR57.ogg  SELECT_COMMON6		   Can I... help you?

Edited by Miloch, 22 May 2008 - 04:20 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#2 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:21 AM

I just sent you a PM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:51 AM

Thanks for the sounds. They might work if no one can voice this... I hope someone can though.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:23 AM

This is done, though on the off chance someone is actually interested in voicing a halfling, I'll take a sound set that doesn't sound like a leprechaun (I warped my own voice up half an octave with Audacity to get the sounds).

Incidentally, does no one else put "Done" or something similar in their topic titles once their requests are fulfilled, or are all the requests here actually still open? Might avoid wasting time of folks who are actually looking to help, to skip the ones that are done.