Photo

Real faces and voices of BG2 - UPDATE

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:37 AM

EDIT/UPDATE: I have added some of the missing Bioware NPCs; the pictures you folks have added of musicians, etc; and quite a number of other voice actors. [end edit]

Two threads in the Rec Room have been very successful: Microphones, please! and the pinned Cameras, please!

Since it's so nice to put faces and voices to people I have looked up the photos of voice actors who did characters in BG2. Below are the ones I found.

I think it would be great if we could extend this in two ways:
-- if someone clever can find other Bioware voice actors; and
-- if our super modders may be obliging enough to show the mod credits in pictures here, with photos of all the modders and others (voice actors, artsts, etc) involved in each NPC mod so that the rest of us may bow at the screen.

Even if this doesn't happen, those of you who haven't seen the Bioware voice actors may enjoy the following photos. Some actors did more than one voice.

** I think some of them look remarkably like the BG2 NPCs they play!

Bioware Joinable NPCs

DAVID WARNER - Jon Irenicus
Jon_Irenicus_2.jpg

GREY DELISLE - Viconia, Nalia; also Bubbles, Raelis Shae, Illasera, Nyallee, Diaytha, Fll'yissetat
Grey_DeLisle___Viconia.jpg

JASON MARSDEN - Cernd, Ajantis; also Lilacor, Lathan, Jospil, Tranzig, Varci, Lothander
Jason_Marsden___Cernd.jpg

JEFF BENNETT - Xan; also Elminster, Saemon, Cespenar, Drizzt (in BG1), Gaelen Bayle, Yakman, Cyric, Carros, Carsten
Jeff_Bennett___Xan.jpg

JEFF OSTERHAGE - Valygar; also Balthazar, Draconis
Jeff_Osterhage___Valygar.jpg

JENNIFER HALE - Mazzy; in other games, Naomi Hunter in Metal Gear Solid, Bastila in Knights of the Old Republic
Jennifer_Hale___Mazzy.jpg

JIM CUMMINGS - Minsc; also Gorion, Gromnir, Abazigail, Master Wraith, Chromatic Demon, Saladrex, Demogorgon, Firkraag, Kahn Zahraa; in movies, both Winnie the Pooh and Tigger
Jim_Cummings___Minsc__Gorion__Gromnir.jpg

JIM MESKIMEN - Edwin
Jim_Meskimen___Edwin.jpg

JOHN MARIANO - Tiax; also Talon Yarryl, Naljier-Skal
John_Mariano.jpg

KATH SOUCIE - Aerie; also young Sarevok, Alianna, Asana Haraad, Ghostly Apparition, Ellesime, Aphril
Kath_Soucie___Aerie.jpg

KEVIN MICHAEL RICHARDSON - Sarevok; also Yaga Shura, Odren, Ka'rashur, Gorgeig, Cohrvale
Kevin_Michael_Richardson___Sarevok.jpg

MAURICE LAMARCHE - Yoshimo; also Hendak, Renal Bloodscalp, Chief Inspector Brega, Lloyd, Avatar of Rillifane
Maurice_LeMarche___Yoshimo.jpg

MELISSA DISNEY - Imoen; also Surayah
Melissa_Disney___Imoen.jpg

MICHAEL BELL - Haer'Dalis; also Omar Haraad, Vittorio; other games, Raziel in Legacy of Kain
Michael_Bell___Haer__Dalis.jpg

ROB PAULSEN - Anomen, Kivan; also Saerk Farrahd, Qadeel, Biff the Understudy
Rob_Paulsen___Anomen.jpg

ROGER L. JACKSON: Keldorn; also Tahazzar
Roger_L_Jackson___Keldorn.jpg

PHOTOS NOT FOUND: Bill E. Martin (Korgan), Heidi Shannon (Jaheira), Jack Roth (Jan Jansson), Jane Singer (Branwyn)

Other Voice Actors
Some of them would have made interesting-looking NPCs!

AMBER HOOD - Dili, Lunisia
Amber_Hood.jpg

BILL FARMER - Garren Windspear, Demson, Dermin
Bill_Farmer.jpg

BILLY WEST - Lehtinan, Lord Skaermaen Alibakkar, Higgold
Billy_West.jpg

CAM CLARKE - Drizzt Do'Urden (in BG2), Aran Linvail
Cam_Clarke.jpg

CHARITY JAMES - Solar, Phaere
Charity_James___Solar.jpg

CHARLES ADLER - Kalah, Teos, Rielev, Rejiek Hidesman
Charles_Adler.jpg

DEE BRADLEY BAKER - Dawnbringer Sian, Nallabir
Dee_Bradley_Baker.jpg

DIANE PERSHING - Adalon
Diane_Pershing.jpg

FRANK WELKER - Terminsel, Lord Cor Delryn, Avatar of Amaunator, Ixilthetocal, Rakshasa, Kirinaldo
Frank_Welker.jpg

GREGG BERGER - Simyaz, Isaea Roenail, Oisig
Gregg_Berger.jpg

JAMES HORAN - Lord Logan Coprith, Grand Duke Belt, Kayl
James_Horan.jpg

MICHAEL DORN - Bhaal
Michael_Dorn.jpg

MICHAEL GOUGH - Solaufein
Michael_Gough___Solaufein.jpg

NICK JAMESON - Dradeel, Lord Rumar, Nevin, Nelleck, Captain Dennis
Nick_Jameson.jpg

TRESS MACNIELLE - Edwina
Tress_MacNielle___Edwina.jpg

VANESSA MARSHALL - Sendai
Vanessa_Marshall___Sendai.jpg

Maestro!
The men behind the music

INON ZUR - ToB, IWD2
Inon_Zur___IWD.jpg

JEREMY SOULE - Elder Scrolls III and IV, IWD, NWN, Dungeon Siege II, Guild Wars, sundry Star Wars and Harry Potter games
Jeremy_Soule___IWD.jpg

MICHAEL HOENIG - BG 1, BG 2
Michael_Hoenig___BG1.jpg

EDIT: It was suggested I should add the Bioware portraits next to the photos of the actors who do their voices. Now that I've done this, I'm sure Bioware based its NPC portraits on stylised pictures of the actors.

Edited by Scipio, 25 May 2008 - 03:55 PM.

I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#2 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:06 AM

I always thought Kevin Michael Richardson looked like such a cuddly and jovial chap, not at all like Sarevok. (He also does Yaga Shura, btw) :lol:

Some of those ladies are hot though, why are they only doing voice acting?

Also...

Posted Image

David Warner (seen here as Evil in Time Bandits) - Jon Irenicus (but of course).

Edited by Cal Jones, 23 May 2008 - 07:08 AM.

#3 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:37 AM

Also, Jeff Bennett voiced Xan. How can one go and forget that? :wub:

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#4 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:42 AM

Some actors did more than one voice.

One didn't forget. One merely listed some of the roles that were played by those who did more than one voice. ;)
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.

#5 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

I think some of them look remarkably like the BG2 NPCs they play!

Second that!! Take Jeff Bennett, dye his hair black, make him frown instead of smile, and you've got a perfectly gloomy Xan!!... :D

Oh, and I forgot.... I love this thread!... :wub: Thanks Scipio!

Edited by Eleima, 23 May 2008 - 10:48 AM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#6 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:04 AM

Jim Meskimen also sort of look like one of the ministers in the Swedish government.

Posted Image

And he's about as trustworthy as Edwin, too!

(no, I am not fond of our current government.)

Edited by Choo Choo, 23 May 2008 - 11:05 AM.

#7 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

Take Jeff Bennett, dye his hair black, make him frown instead of smile, and you've got a perfectly gloomy Xan!!... :D

Again, it seems pretty obvious to me that Bioware's portraits are a tribute to their voice actors.

Jeff_Bennett___Xan.jpg

#8 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:07 PM

David Warner (seen here as Evil in Time Bandits) - Jon Irenicus (but of course).

Your picture of David Warner doesn't display on my PC, Cal, so here's another one of him. Bioware sure didn't stint on some of their actors. Warner is a top name in movies. He is a pretty good visual model for Irenicus.

David_Warner___Jon_Irenicus.jpg

#9 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

Jim Meskimen also sort of look like one of the ministers in the Swedish government.
And he's about as trustworthy as Edwin, too!

(no, I am not fond of our current government.)

:lol: I love to loathe any politicians. They are ALL as trustworthy as Edwin.

#10 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, but Lars Leijonborg is just worse than most.

#11 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

Some of those ladies are hot though, why are they only doing voice acting?

Erm... I hesitate to say this because we at SHS apparently have a potent Drow in our midst, but it seems Vanessa Marshall (Sendai) spends some of her time pretending to be you.

Vanessa_Marshall___Sendai__left__and_Cal_Jones.jpg

EDIT: Forgot the caption. That's Vanessa Marshall doing the voice of Sendai (left) and disguised as Cal Jones.

Edited by Scipio, 23 May 2008 - 12:21 PM.

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:47 PM

Cool thread!

Michael Hoenig is the name/face behind the music of BG1 and BG2
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006129/

michael_hoenig.jpg

And Maurice LaMarche as Yochimo/Handak/Renal/Brega

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005606/

maurice.jpg
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#13 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

Cernd as played by Jason Marsden
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005189/

Cernd.jpg

Cernd/Lilarcor/Lathan/Jospil

Edited by Hoppy, 23 May 2008 - 01:21 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#14 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

I think some of them look remarkably like the BG2 NPCs they play!

Second that!! Take Jeff Bennett, dye his hair black, make him frown instead of smile, and you've got a perfectly gloomy Xan!!... :D

Oh, and I forgot.... I love this thread!... :wub: Thanks Scipio!

I was thinking the exact same thing! ^_____^

Oh and don't forget, Jeff Bennett also voiced Drizzt, Gaelan Bayle and Yakman.

------------------------------

And while I'm on the topic of 'also voiced', in addition to Viconia Grey Delisle also voiced one of my favorite nonjoinable NPC's--Raelis Shai.

Edited by Sammi Somara, 23 May 2008 - 01:14 PM.

Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#15 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

Cernd as played by Jason Marsden
Cernd/Lilarcor/Lathan/Jospil

And also Ajantis/Tranzig/Varci/Lothander... Wow!

And so long as we're including the composers, we simply must not forget Inon Zur who did Throne of Bhaal's soundtrack.... Totally brilliant man (he also did IWD2's soundtrack, on a side note).

Attached Images

• InonZur.jpg

Edited by Eleima, 24 May 2008 - 04:10 PM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#16 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:45 PM

I think it would be nice to update the first post with all the extra info... so you don't need to scroll down... and Scipio with a bit of search work you can Put Liam, Seb, Tassadar, Berelinde, Me and more people photo's to at least voice actors of PC Voice Mod, or of some NPC's

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#17 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

I'd like to see if they did stylized portraits of the voice actors for Jan and Korgan. :D
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#18 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

I think it would be nice to update the first post with all the extra info... so you don't need to scroll down... and Scipio with a bit of search work you can Put Liam, Seb, Tassadar, Berelinde, Me and more people photo's to at least voice actors of PC Voice Mod, or of some NPC's

Consider it done, though not necessarily within the next eight months. Er, minutes. OK, sort of soon.

As far as possible I'd like to do more pairs of pictures -- the actor and the portrait. Until I started looking for photos of the actors it had never occurred to me that they might be the models for the NPC pictures as well. Credit for suggesting putting these pictures in pairs goes to the person who PM'd me with the idea after my initial post. I think that person should step into this thread and take a bow!

#19 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

Rob Paulsen (as well as being Morte in PS:T) is also Kivan...which is funny because I love Kivan and his Dirty Harry voice, but absolutely loathe and detest Anomen. :D

And well, here's the URL for the Warner pic I tried to post...he looks a fair bit more like Irenicus with that headgear. (scroll down slightly...past Myra Hindley) http://www.cuppatea....cember1999.html

#20 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

And well, here's the URL for the Warner pic I tried to post...he looks a fair bit more like Irenicus with that headgear. (scroll down slightly...past Myra Hindley) http://www.cuppatea....cember1999.html

Now the "headgear" picture is loading! I'll use it when I update the initial post.

And thanks for not blasting me for turning you into Sendai. Or maybe you havent seen it yet, heh heh.