#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:09 AM

Update: you can now download this minimod here. :cheers:

--

So, uh. This was meant to be fanfic. Look. I tried. Honestly. But this wanted to come out, and who was I to stop it? And I know I could have written this in narrative, but it's good practice anyway. ;) And it's almost on topic! Well, sort of. :D I hope you enjoy anyway. And you even get it ingame if you want using the installer in the link below. Occurs in ToB, about an hour and a half into gameplay. :)

Let me know what you think! And if you have any suggestions for improvements or anything, let me know. Ah, this was fun. :D

Imoen: Heh. <CHARNAME>, do you remember when we stole ol' Puffguts' seal?
PC: Vaguely. Why? (go to why)
PC: Not really. (go to dontremember)
PC: (laugh) Unfortunately. (go to yesido)
PC: We don't have time for this. (go to endconvo)

why
Imoen: No reason, really.
(go to main1a)

dontremember
Imoen: Strange, I always thought you were the one who came up with that particular idea...but anyway. Maybe it's not so surprising. It was a long time ago, after all.
(go to main1a)

yesido
Imoen: And you remember when Gorion caught us? (giggle) Oh gods, I never thought he'd stop! He just went on and on and on...
(go to main1a)

endconvo
Imoen: Maybe not, but still...sometimes it's nice to remember.
(end dialogue)

main1a
Imoen: I keep thinkin' back to Candlekeep. What we got up to.
(go to main1b)

main1b
Imoen: I...I sort of miss it, y'know? Stealing-for-fun, bein' kids. Even being told off by Gorion. Well, maybe not that, but you get the idea.
= Things've changed a lot since then.
PC: Well, we can still have fun, you know. (go to havefun)
PC: I miss it, too. But we've got to focus on the present. (go to focuspresent)
PC: We can't afford to prank people, or play jokes. (go to cantafford)
PC: We don't have time for nostalgia, Imoen. (go to endconvo)

havefun
Imoen: Yeah, but it's not the same.
(go to main2a)

focuspresent
Imoen: Yeah.
(go to main2c)

cantafford
Imoen: Yeah. I miss it anyway, though. But you're right, it's not like we can just go and pour itching powder down someone's back, is it?
(go to main2b)

main2a
Imoen: We can't just hatch a plan to turn Phlydian's hair blue, or go up to random strangers and ask them to buy us things.
(go to main2b)

main2b
Imoen: If we did some of the stuff we did back then, I bet we'd get more consequences than just a scolding from Gorion!
(go to main2c)

main2c
Imoen: Life seems so...serious, now. What with the Bhaalspawn thing, and the Five. Sometimes I wish we could just go back to Candlekeep and play a game of hide-and-seek, or maybe go to the inn and sneak a drink behind Puffguts' back, like we used to.
PC: Well, we could just go to an inn and buy some, if you'd like. (go to buysome)
PC: I don't think it'd be quite the same, since we could just buy it ourselves anyway. (go to buyourselves)
PC: Well, maybe one day when this is over, we could. (go to wecould)
PC: Those days are far behind us, Imoen. There's no point in looking back. (go to endconvo)
PC: Why not? I mean, surely we could think of something. (go to plans)

buysome
Imoen: It wouldn't be the same. (sigh)
(go to main3)

buyourselves
Imoen: You've got a point there, little <PRO_BROTHERSISTER>. It wouldn't be the same at all. (sigh)
(go to main3)

wecould
Imoen: I guess we've accumulated more than enough stuff to be let in. But it might be a let-down, and I'd rather remember it the way it was. With you'n me and Gorion. It wouldn't be the same now.
(go to main3)

main3
Imoen: Of course, if we were to come up with something...
PC: Oh, dear. (go to plans)
PC: I'm not interested. (go to appropriate)
PC: I think I can see where this is going... (go to plans)

plans
Imoen: It wouldn't have to be something as childish as itching powder...I mean, that's so overdone. I can think of at least six occasions we used it when we were kids! And that's not even counting when we used it on each other. It'd have to be more clever...
PC: This is going to be one of those things I'll regret for a long time, isn't it? (go to regret)
PC: I'll get a quill and some paper. Let's come up with something spectacular! (go to speccy)
PC: We're in the middle of a war. I'm not sure pranks are exactly appropriate. (go to appropriate)
PC: No way. Your schemes always end in failure, Imoen. Look at what happened with Phlydian's hair. (go to regret)
PC: We're not ten years old anymore, Imoen. Grow up. (go to appropriate)

regret
Imoen: Pshaw, come on. How many things that we've done have you regretted?
PC: Almost all of them? (go to appropriate)
PC: Point taken. Alright, then. (go to speccy)
PC: Still, I'm not interested. (go to appropriate)

speccy
Imoen: Ooh, I can't wait--it's been so long since we've done a prank together! This'll be great!
(end dialogue)

appropriate
Imoen: Aww, come on...we need to do something to lighten up! You've hardly smiled in weeks.
= Fine, fine. But still...we should do something which doesn't involve maiming, death or violence. A shocking suggestion, I know, but I'm kinda tired of all that.
= Maybe we could go to an inn somewhere and have a drink? Just...relax?
PC: That would be nice, yeah. I'd like that. (go to likethat)
PC: No, thanks. I appreciate the thought, though. (go to appreciate)
PC: While the notion of a drunk Imoen is appealing, I don't think it's such a good idea. (go to notsuchagoodidea)
PC: No! Just stop, okay? This is serious, we can't just do whatever we want! (go to serious)

likethat
Imoen: Deal, then. But, er, let's not drink ourselves under the table like last time--I think my head's still throbbing from back in Amn. Remind me not to drink the blue stuff this time, okay? It just went downhill from there, really. (giggle)
(end dialogue)

appreciate
Imoen: Anytime, little <PRO_BROTHERSISTER>. Shame, though. It would have been fun.
(end dialogue)

notsuchagoodidea
Imoen: Aww, why not?
= Come on, I know you want to. Just remind me not to drink the blue stuff this time, okay? It just went downhill from there last time, really. (giggle)
(end dialogue)

serious
Imoen: Sheesh, <CHARNAME>. I was just trying to make you smile. Next time I'll remember not to, then, okay?
(end dialogue)

#2 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:00 AM

I really wish you could have gone from "PC: Almost all of them? (go to appropriate)" to still going along with it and pranking. But it's still an excellent piece.

I don't really mind the dialog format, particularly since we can now have it in game. Glad that it inspired you to it, K. And hope to see more of your writing again some time soon.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

Thanks, Kellen!

As for that dialogue option, I'll see what I can do later today. :)

#4 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

Hee, nice and lighthearted. I would have liked to see that from Imoen in ToB :) Good banter, Kae.

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:27 PM

Uploaded new version with the addition of that suggestion, Kellen. Thank you, and sorry it took so long--been flat out recently!

You can download it here.

#6 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

Glad I inspired you. :)
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#7 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:28 PM

:)

It'll also be included in the next version of IEP Banters, which should be making an appearance soon.

#8 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

Cool.