Non playable NPC Voice problem

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 -Darklighter-

-Darklighter-

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:29 AM

Hi there! I have a strange problem with Non playable npc's voices ( but not with Gorion or Sarevok). I cannot hear them! I'm playing BG 1 with: BGT (with BGT music for BG1 and Totsc), BG 2 fixes and BG1 Npc Project. Can someone help me? Thanx!

#2 -Darklighter-

-Darklighter-

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:10 AM

Hmmmm, now in Friendly Arm Inn, Imoen quotes are in italian ( yes, i have the italian version of both games) from BG2 and one of Kalid's quote is mute... Think i'm stopping to play and restarting after some answers: I only hope i' don't have to uninstall everything!

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

You might want to post the exact quotes and maybe your WeiDU.log, but I would guess that either the game itself or BG1 NPC does not have all the sound clips voiced in Italian (it doesn't even have them all in English).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

Hi there! I have a strange problem with Non playable npc's voices ( but not with Gorion or Sarevok). I cannot hear them! I'm playing BG 1 with: BGT (with BGT music for BG1 and Totsc), BG 2 fixes and BG1 Npc Project. Can someone help me? Thanx!

Try unchecking the "environmental audio" button in your game configuration screen.

It takes a village...

#5 -Darklighter-

-Darklighter-

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:27 PM

Thank you for your help but now i'm playing with tutu 4v and everything looks fine. However, i am going to try in the future as you suggest, erebusant.

#6 -Darklighter-

-Darklighter-

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

Urgh! I cannot install BG1 Npc Project on tutu v4! Sigh! Sorry for the OT but this it the error which occurs:
ERROR: Failure("resource [FW2304.ARE] not found for 'COPY'")

Can you help me?

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:57 AM

That is the Temple in Friendly Arm where Gellana Mirrorshade is. If you don't have that in your game, something is very wrong, or something went wrong with the Tutu conversion.

Can you check with Near Infinity or DLTCEP that you have either FW2304.ARE or AR2304.ARE in your Tutu game, or if not, in your BG1 game?

I don't think BG1 NPC actually does anything with that area, so you could try opening BG1NPC\lib\tutu_area_script_assign.tph and put a // before the line with ~FW2304.ARE~ ~override~ to comment it out, but if you don't have that area there might be other errors.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 -Darklighter-

-Darklighter-

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:31 PM

That is the Temple in Friendly Arm where Gellana Mirrorshade is. If you don't have that in your game, something is very wrong, or something went wrong with the Tutu conversion.

Can you check with Near Infinity or DLTCEP that you have either FW2304.ARE or AR2304.ARE in your Tutu game, or if not, in your BG1 game?

I don't think BG1 NPC actually does anything with that area, so you could try opening BG1NPC\lib\tutu_area_script_assign.tph and put a // before the line with ~FW2304.ARE~ ~override~ to comment it out, but if you don't have that area there might be other errors.

Can i just try to re-install BG1? I don't know what Near Infinity or DLTCEP are... :whistling:

#9 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

Can i just try to re-install BG1? I don't know what Near Infinity or DLTCEP are...

If you do, make sure you do a custom, full install of BG1 (and BG2). That is very important for Tutu.

Near Infinity and DLTCEP are editors you can use to look at game resources.

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:10 AM

Urgh! I cannot install BG1 Npc Project on tutu v4! Sigh! Sorry for the OT but this it the error which occurs:

Can you help me?

I cannot accept your apology here. It is a completely inappropriate forum to post your issues with the installation of BG1NPC on Tutu. When G3 boards go back up, I'll start a new topic for your issues.

Edited by Ascension64, 15 June 2008 - 02:09 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#11 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:52 AM

Heya - I know you are new, but please - Ascension64 is right - BG1NPC issues should be posted in the thread Ascension64 has provided here if you have BGT installed, but Tutu issues go to PPG and BG1NPC with Tutu issues go to G3, or to my PM if the boards are down. Please, folks, it is a tough job to keep up with both maintaining a mod and responding to forum posts - it is very important, if you want us to be able to help you, to use the search functions of the internet and the documentation that comes with the mod (which screams this, even in the installer, which even if it errors out prints out "Tutu - support found at www.gibberlings3.net" if on Tutu and only prioints out "BGT - www.spellholdstudios.net" if you are working on BGT.

It is the same anywhere, including work environments. Please don't elide threads as if they were IM tech conversations. Not only will the modders not be able to help you, they will not be able to track what problems folks are having. I can promise you, folks at PPG, G3, and SHS are ready and willing to help you in a friendly manner. But asking about Tutu in the BGT forum is like asking about Cubs batting averages in a White Sox bar. Even if you don't want to read the docs, grab a quick google search, it is your friend!

Edited by cmorgan, 07 June 2008 - 07:53 AM.

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:47 PM

Actually, the latest issue was with installing Tutu v4 itself, which should probably go to the PPG forums. Not that there's been any real support for it there for ages, and I can't get to PPG half the time anyway.

Meanwhile, G3 is down and I haven't even seen Cam poke his head in the other forums to give an ETA for uptime. Why not just move this to IE General Help in the meantime? It doesn't help to give someone a forum runaround when they just want to get a game working.

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

Actually, the latest issue was with installing Tutu v4 itself, which should probably go to the PPG forums. Not that there's been any real support for it there for ages, and I can't get to PPG half the time anyway.

Meanwhile, G3 is down and I haven't even seen Cam poke his head in the other forums to give an ETA for uptime. Why not just move this to IE General Help in the meantime? It doesn't help to give someone a forum runaround when they just want to get a game working.

From what I read, the problem seems to be with installation of BG1NPC on Tutu, unless I've missed something here.
I'm afraid that I am not prepared to set any precedents condoning mis-posting on the forums, regardless of who the member/guest is.
As for the thread, if Darklighter wants to keep posting here in the meantime (special circumstance that I cannot put this where it is supposed to go at the moment), that's OK until G3 is back up and the thread is moved. I'd rather just keep everything here until it can be shifted in one movement over to G3 than to have any interim shifts.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:30 PM

From what I read, the problem seems to be with installation of BG1NPC on Tutu, unless I've missed something here.

Post #9, and the prior post I was quoting, have to do with the misinstallation of BG1 and/or Tutu v4 rather than actual BG1 NPC errors unless I've very much mistaken. But I guess we're just dragging out the misposting in your forum :P.

#15 -Darklighter-

-Darklighter-

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:22 PM

Again, sorry for the mistake, guys... :crying:
I think that after the new install (sigh!), i'm giving to BGT a new chance and i hope this will solve the voice's problem. If not, i'll post the the Weidu.log here and see if someone can give me some help... Ascension, i know you are right. I'll pay more attention in the future.

#16 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

Well, no worries - and you have all three of us keeping an eye out whether you go for BGT or Tutu! Post #5 and down can be clipped over to BG1NPC at G3 anyways - I can do some running around between Tutu and Macready et al. starting close to the end of this week. And then we can keep going on the BGT support here when your BGT install is back in business, Darklighter.

CamDawg doesn't have an ETA, other than "hey, provider, get it fixed ASAP". Since this messed with everything, he's waiting for everything to be confirmed fixed before reopening.

Thank you for the special circumstances help, Ascension64. I just gotta find a good address for the OJ delivery :)

Edited by cmorgan, 08 June 2008 - 03:15 PM.

#17 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

OK, I made a new topic for the installation of BG1NPC on Tutu v4 stuff at http://forums.gibber...showtopic=14483.

--------------
Retired Modder