12 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=663

Link to updated Worldmap. Consolidated Patch bugfixes plus a couple of more obscure ones are included. Also this release is compatible with BG1Tutu & EasyTutu, and brings the saved game converter to both platforms. Enjoy! :cheers:

It takes a village...

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

Nice :Bow:. Hopefully some folks can test this with EasyTutu + SoBH + Drizzt Saga now :cheers:.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:36 PM

Nice :Bow: . Hopefully some folks can test this with EasyTutu + SoBH + Drizzt Saga now :cheers: .

I'll be releasing a new SoBH version that fixes the Tutu Worldmap compatibility very soon. There are also some needed changes to Drizzt Saga Tutu travel links for Worldmap. I'll post a replacement links.tbl in just a bit.

Here's the patch for Drizzt Saga: http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=664

And Here's the updated SoBH that fixes Worldmap Travel: http://www.shsforums...amp;showfile=76

Edited by erebusant, 16 July 2008 - 07:17 PM.

It takes a village...

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:20 PM

Good stuff. I wonder if anything needs to be done to make Stone of Askavar compatible with it. I know he had to do some special patching for the EasyTutu worldmap. I suppose we'll need to do something for the Tutu DSotSC too...

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Drelnza

Drelnza
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

No way!!! Excellent news!!! Thank you VERY much! I have been looking forward to this for a long time.

I will install this as soon as possible I cannot wait to try it out.

I will post my findings.

So cool!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

#6 Jarin Hawkeye

Jarin Hawkeye

Wanderer

• 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

Hmm... You are able to travel to Nashkel without travelling to the two areas in between... which had some encounters of their own. Could you fix this?

Or do it the other way around. Let some quest NPC's which ask you to... for example, find a short sword, reveal that specefic world map area (They know where they lost it, after all)

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

Hmm... You are able to travel to Nashkel without travelling to the two areas in between... which had some encounters of their own. Could you fix this? That is done on purpose but only when you have Jaheira and Khalid join your party. That way you can travel directly to Nashkel from FAI if you give in to Jaheira's brow-beating about going there. You may still travel the region and explore all the areas around before going there if you so desire.

Or do it the other way around. Let some quest NPC's which ask you to... for example, find a short sword, reveal that specefic world map area (They know where they lost it, after all) That would be Perdue, and he gives you a fairly good clue about where to go to find it. There are a couple other areas that are revealed by dialog (Gurke's Cloak reveals the 1st Cloakwood area, and Bjornin reveals the Wilderness Lake area)

It takes a village...

#8 Sleawer

Sleawer
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the Worldmap and the updates, it's good to finally be able to play Secret of Bonehill.

Good stuff. I wonder if anything needs to be done to make Stone of Askavar compatible with it. I know he had to do some special patching for the EasyTutu worldmap. I suppose we'll need to do something for the Tutu DSotSC too...

The mod in itself is compatible, as you surely know. The areas certainly need to be accommodated to the new Worldmap. I've looked a bit at the structure of the Worldmap mod, and it seems it's just a matter of updating Stone of Askavar to use the new worldmap structure (area tables, links, tra), so the new areas are visible and accessible. But what do I know.

We'll have to wait for a patch.

#9 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

It's ok to put it after BG2Tweaks?

#10 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:08 PM

It's ok to put it after BG2Tweaks?

Worldmap should be installed at the very end of your installation. About the only thing that would be installed afterwards would be the GUI switcher.

It takes a village...

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

Hmm... You are able to travel to Nashkel without travelling to the two areas in between... which had some encounters of their own. Could you fix this? That is done on purpose but only when you have Jaheira and Khalid join your party. That way you can travel directly to Nashkel from FAI if you give in to Jaheira's brow-beating about going there. You may still travel the region and explore all the areas around before going there if you so desire.

Or do it the other way around. Let some quest NPC's which ask you to... for example, find a short sword, reveal that specefic world map area (They know where they lost it, after all) That would be Perdue, and he gives you a fairly good clue about where to go to find it. There are a couple other areas that are revealed by dialog (Gurke's Cloak reveals the 1st Cloakwood area, and Bjornin reveals the Wilderness Lake area)

I'm not that familiar with the unmodded game, so can someone tell me if Gurke's Cloak usually reveals the 1st Cloakwood area? What I don't want is for this mod to allow me to go to places I usually couldn't get to until later. And quite how you could get to Naskel without travelling through the two areas in between I'll never know. Is there a way I can disable this feature?

#12 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

I'm not that familiar with the unmodded game, so can someone tell me if Gurke's Cloak usually reveals the 1st Cloakwood area? No, it doesn't. What I don't want is for this mod to allow me to go to places I usually couldn't get to until later. And quite how you could get to Naskel without travelling through the two areas in between I'll never know. You'd do so by knowing where Nashkel is (Jaheira has been there before) but not neccesarily where the places are that lie in between. Is there a way I can disable this feature? Don't install the "Revised Travel Times" component.

It takes a village...

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

Thanks erebusant. I should've also asked if there's a way to stop events/items like Gurke's Cloak revealing areas early? Aren't there plot points that occur in the first Cloakwood map that won't make sense if they happen early in the game? Or am I missing something here?