16 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:16 AM

Welcome back!

As you might notice, we've made quite a few changes around the place. This post deals with the Staff changes, and this post deals with the forum changes.

First up, we've got a number of announcements to make regarding the SHS Staff. We've got 7 (yes, seven) new Staff joining us, and 5 Staff members leaving us.

Our administrator Ilmatar, moderator of Layers of Reality, has decided to step down due to RL busyness--and I hear is soon to be moving houses. Good luck with the move, Lina, and I hope we still get to see you around!

Our resident tech and tutorials moderator, the (in)famous kooshball Azkyroth, has also made the decision to step down. Good luck, Azzy, and I hope we also get to see you around!

Several Staff who're currently inactive have also been taken off the Staff--Sir Kalthorine, Spike4072 and Karandras. We've missed them while they've been gone and will continue to--and hopefully they'll return sooner rather than later!

Thank you so much to Ilmatar, Azkyroth, Sir Kalthorine, Spike4072 and Karandras for being great Staff members and helping out so much. :hug:! It is much appreciated. :)

You may notice some slight moderation changes have taken place. Tech guru khayman will be taking Azkyroth's position as moderator of The Operating Theatre (formerly named "The Electric Chair"), Jolyth will be helping to moderate the Wiki forum and I will be taking Azkyroth's place as moderator of the Tutorials forum.

The next announcements are to do with the Coordinator usergroup, which has now disappeared. All previous Coordinators are now Staff, except for SConrad who is going to be taking Ilmatar's place as administrator once again. With this new setup, we hope SHS can function even more smoothly than before and continue evolving and growing.

The Gameplay section has had a bit of a revamp, as well. Along with the forum changes, the way the section is moderated has changed. Instead of having specific moderators for specific forums, a group of Staff will be moderating the section. Thanks to Bluenose, Kellen, SeV, Cal Jones and Choo Choo (two of our new Staff) who have accepted the roles of Gameplay moderators.

Finally, let's get to the new additions! Welcome to:
  • Amaurea and Orthodoxia, who'll be moderating Layers of Reality in Ilmatar's place;
  • Cal Jones and Choo Choo, who as I mentioned will be helping to moderate the Gameplay forums;
  • leahnkain, who'll be moderating the Resource Request forum
  • And finally Rianess and Scipio, who will be moderating the new forum "Quayle's Circus!"
I'm certain that they'll all do a fantastic job, and the rest of the Staff and I look forward to working with them to continue improving this wonderful community!

Thank you! :cheers:

Liam/K'aeloree

#2 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:21 AM

I believe I mentioned welcomes before, but here it is in a larger, bolder way.

WELCOME!

And goodbyes. :(

Goodbye...

I'll miss all you great staffers, and hope to see you around the forum still, and for those joining us, welcome aboard and hope to have some good times working with you.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#3 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:26 AM

Wehey!

I'll do my best and hope not to disappoint.

It saddens me that I'm jumping on board right when so many are stepping down, but hey, one should never say never and I might work with them on some other occasion. :)

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#4 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:36 AM

I guess I should say welcome to the other members who were promoted along with myself and good bye to those leaving.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#5 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:42 AM

Cheers to all you new staff members :cheers: and :hug: for those sadly leaving. Best of luck and wishes to everyone, in your future endeavours. :)

And ah what the hell, pull up a chair and have a good one of whatever it is that is best suited to the occasion, y'all earned it. :D

(And yes, I'll spare everyone the "growing up fast" part) :whistling:

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#6 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:46 AM

Congrats to all the new staff :) :cheers:

And, I guess goodbye to all the staff leaving :crying: :hug:

Hope to see you still around :)

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#7 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:49 AM

Welcome, new staffers! Hope you enjoy, your new job! :cheers:

And big hug for, those who left. :hug:

Edited by Aliya, 24 August 2008 - 06:49 AM.

#8 Amaurea

Amaurea

Thread Killer Extraordinaire

• 409 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:11 AM

:cheers: To my fellow newbie staff members, and thanks to the community for the opportunity.

Best of everything to those who are leaving, I hope to still see you around :hug:

#9 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:19 AM

Best wishes to the new staffers! :cheers:

And hope to see the down-steppers here :crying: - even if they won't be staff :rolleyes:
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#10 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for the hugs, people! I feel sad that I have to leave but then again my Real Life ™ is going better than ever even if it is taking a lot of my time and energy. I'm happy to see that both Amaurea and Orthodoxia agreed to moderate LoR - you two will be awesome, I know it. Take care of my baby forum! :hug:

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#11 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

Older staff will hopefully stick around otherwise this place will start looking empty :( :hug:

:cheers: Here's to many new and interesting mods, topics and ideas on this forum!
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#12 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:52 AM

And, to add more fuel to the fire, welcome to all the new staff members! Stick around, old ones.

(And Ilmater, good news that your Real Life is going well. I hope your good luck continues! :))

#13 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

Glad to hear, Ilmy. But we'll still miss you.

Edited by Kellen, 24 August 2008 - 10:28 AM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#14 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:39 AM

Glad to hear, Ilmy. But we'll still miss you.

With her cloak of visibility, we would miss her, even if we would want to hurt her, and she would be married. ^_^

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#15 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

I am flattered to become a staff member in such a pleasant and often boistrous community. I pledge to be pleasant and/or boistrous and/or both.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

Bye Lina & Sir K, all the best to you. It's always been a pleasure to frequent (more or less) the same forums with ya guys.

Hope to see you around when I occasionally pop in here.

:cheers:

~AMS~

#17 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:53 PM

Welcome, everyone. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder