Photo

Vhaira's BG fanarts!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Vhaira

Vhaira
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

I thought I might stick up some of my Baldur's Gate fanarts here for your enjoyment. I know I'm not a real good artist, but that's the reason that I draw, to get better.
So, I hope you guys like it!
I'll be putting more in later tonight, then some tomarrow.

Attached Images

• meet_the_party.jpg

I fight for my friends. O_O

#2 Amaurea

Amaurea

Thread Killer Extraordinaire

• 409 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

I love it! I think what I like best are the expressions all your characters are wearing. Jaheira's air of long-suffering is just sooo her, and Minsc's Minsciness is perfect!

#3 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:43 AM

I agree with Amaurea! Love it! :lol:

#4 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:26 AM

Personally, I think Haer'Dalis' expression is most fitting - lascivious to the extreme. :) Your PC is awesome, too.

Don't say you're not a good artist - I'd do anything to be able to draw like you!

EDIT - Because I'm an idiot ...

Edited by Crazee, 28 August 2008 - 05:27 AM.

#5 Vhaira

Vhaira
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:03 AM

thanks you guys. Here's another piece for your enjoyment.
Just to clarify, from left to right: Xan, Salvanas, Vhaira.

Attached Images

• wow.jpg

#6 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:45 AM

Ah, priceless! :lol: It's on DA?

#7 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

Jaheira's really a 'supporting character' lol ^_^ and BTW Haer Dalis' pose *above* Viconia is almost PG18 ;-)
the last pic with Salvanas is cool too, isn't he that character who flirts with every female NPC in the game, except for Imoen because developers were too lazy?

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#8 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

Jaheira's really a 'supporting character' lol ^_^ and BTW Haer Dalis' pose *above* Viconia is almost PG18 ;-)
the last pic with Salvanas is cool too, isn't he that character who flirts with every female NPC in the game, except for Imoen because developers were too lazy?

Actually Imoen originally was going to be die. That may have had something to do with it...
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#9 Vhaira

Vhaira
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

here's an expression sheet cause I love facial expressions so much X3

Attached Images

• Xan_expressions.jpg

#10 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

Excellent works, Vhaira :) I like that group picture, their expressions are so... fitting :D
And don't tell me that you're not good artist, because you draw people and facial expressions better than me. You have your own style so PRACTICE IT! ;)
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#11 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:24 AM

Love the Xan sheet especially :) You have a really awesome style, did you set out to make it a bit different or did it just turn out that way? And what class is Vharia? I'm too lazy to go look but I love the way you draw her :)
Take above post with a glass of water. Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours. Store post in a cool, dry place. Always read the label.

Schrodinger's adorable polka dot bow tie almost makes up for his horrible, horrible time-dependent equation.

Minsc: What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it is there.

#12 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:32 AM

Great expressions, Vhaira! :wub:

#13 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:57 AM

Heh, those expressions are great and so very much Xan like :lol:
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#14 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:44 AM

great expressions Vharia ^_^

Actually Imoen originally was going to be die. That may have had something to do with it...

Are you referring to the ToB novel?

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#15 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:10 AM

No. She was originally supposed to die in BG2 SoA. Though iirc it may have been that it was going to happen in Suldanessellar, not Spellhold.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#16 Vhaira

Vhaira
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:29 AM

Love the Xan sheet especially :) You have a really awesome style, did you set out to make it a bit different or did it just turn out that way? And what class is Vharia? I'm too lazy to go look but I love the way you draw her :)

I tried to make it a bit different, yeah XD
and Vhaira has switched classes from a rogue to a cleric to a fighter/mage to a fighter... waaay to many times. I can't really make up my mind :whistling: And right now, she's settled on 'duelist' or 'swashbuckler' XD technically fighter.

thanks for all the compliments, you guys :)

here's a really really quick portrait I did of Valen from NWN:Hordes of the Underdark.

Attached Images

• portrait2.jpg

#17 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:23 AM

Gah! Forgot to say I really like the new ones too. The expressions one is prob my favorite. "WTF is this?" = WIN!

#18 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:57 AM

The way you draw Xan reminds me of a cat. I think it's the fact that his ears go down when he's angry or sad. xD It's so cute. Also, Minsc's expression in the first drawing...xD

I really love your style. It's different from any cartoony-style I've seen before, and it just feels very playful and cute.

#19 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

The way you draw Xan reminds me of a cat. I think it's the fact that his ears go down when he's angry or sad. xD It's so cute.

it works very well imho

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#20 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

Aye, I forgot to comment on it, but it was rather endearing. Though overdone, it can simply be annoying. This was not overdone.