• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:37 AM

Welcome back to SHS, aVENGER! :D :cheers: Will download the latest version as soon as I have the time... :)

#2 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:38 AM

Thanks guys (and gals)! :) It's good to be back. 8)

#3 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:14 AM

:clap: I remember this mod well. Wow I need to start playing again.

Welcome Back, aVENGER!!!
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#4 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:24 AM

Welcome back indeed, aVENGER - it is nice not being the only revived relic around here :)

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#5 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:59 AM

It's not me who translated Rogue Rebalancing, but Mornagest, Lothringen, Mathrim Cauthon and Thot ! Please, let's credit them, but not me : I've done nothing !!!

Edit : ah it's ok, I've read the ReadMe... sorry ! :D

Edited by Graoumf, 02 July 2007 - 10:00 AM.

#6 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

Relax, you are all credited both in the readme and at the language selection screen. :)

#7 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:26 PM

Yes I saw it after. :ermm:
Thank you for upgrading your mod ! :cheers:

#8 Mornagest

Mornagest
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:37 AM

Hi ^^

Finally, I've decided to register on SHS...

Just to say that I've linked your homepage from la Couronne de Cuivre, hope many members will try it out (me, somewhat :P)

#9 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:13 AM

Welcome to the community! :)

And, thanks for the French translation. :new_thumbs:

#10 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:44 PM

Hey, this was so quick!

Thanks a lot!
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#11 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:13 PM

Thanks for this update!

Great job aVENGER! :cheers:

Just one note:

Fixed the duration of the Invisibility 10' Radius spell (the invisibility effect now lasts 24 hours or until broken, as per the spell's description)

Shouldn't the above be fixed by the BG2 Fixpack team? If so, are you planning to remove from the next version to avoid duplication?

Thanks again!

Edited by Salk, 04 October 2007 - 10:21 PM.

#12 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:41 PM

I've already submitted the fix to the BG2 Fixpack team and they'll include it in the next version of the fixpack. I merely fixed it in RR in order to make the stealth path in the STI component a bit easier to achieve.

Don't worry though, the fix I used will only trigger if the duration of the spell is exactly 5 turns (i.e. incorrect) so it won't alter an already fixed spell. Thus, if a future version of the fixpack has already applied the correct duration, the code from RR will not patch the spell, and everything will work fine. :)

#13 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:33 PM

Two solid updates in one month - and great stuff to play on EasyTutu as well as BGII et al.

Great work, man - seriously great work. Now I need to spend less time modding and foum reading/posting, and actually get a BG2 game far enough in to take advantage of the cool stuff :)

#14 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:40 PM

Thank you for this Xmas present, aVenger!

Merry Xmas to you! :cheers:

#15 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:21 AM

FYI, I have slightly restructured the Rogue Rebalancing documentation as of RR v4.01.

First, it should now be much easier to find out how many items of a certain type (i.e. daggers) the "Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards" and the "Chosen of Cyric" components add since all equipment is now listed and categorized in accordance to its proficiency type. Furthermore, the walkthrough for following the stealth path in the "Shadow Thief Improvements" component has been expanded and the relevant instructions are now displayed a bit more prominently. Finally, the RR component descriptions have been streamlined so that new players can get an easy overview of the whole mod by simply glancing over the Main Readme.

#16 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:39 AM

FYI, I have additionally clarified the opponent behavior in the documentation of the "Shadow Thief Improvements" and "Chosen of Cyric" components for the upcoming RR v4.02. The differences between the AI behaviour in RR and the unmodded game are now explained in much more detail. For reference, here's are a few excerpts from the STI readme:

Thief opponents

All of these characters have the standard attributes and traits that a regular PC of their level would have. This means that they have no unexplainable immunities, inappropriately high attribute values nor unreasonable AC, THAC0 and hit point values. They wield mundane (non-magical) weapons and wear non-enchanted armor. Their main tactic is to drink Potions of Invisibility and backstab the most susceptible opponent. When severely injured, they will attempt to flee and heal themselves using Potions of Extra Healing. If, for any reason, the thieves lose track of their opponents they will wander around and search for them while occasionally using their Detect Illusion skill should they suspect that the party members became invisible. Furthermore, whenever a Shadow Thief opponent leaves the party's line of sight he will attempt to hide in shadows and sneak back. Note that the Detect Illusion and Hide actions both require proper skill checks, which ensures that the opponents play fair and behave exactly like PC thieves. This also means that they may occasionally fail while attempting to carry out these activities. Furthermore, roughly one third of the Shadow Thieves have a few low-level spell scrolls (arcane spells of level 3 and below) at their disposal and they will attempt to use them in accordance to PnP rules. This means that only thieves of level 10 or higher can use scrolls and that they have a 25% chance of spellcasting failure whenever they attempt to do so. In addition, even the spells which opponents cast form scrolls can be disrupted through damage and are subject to spell failure.

Spellcasting opponents

Note that the spellcasting opponents which are introduced by this component never use forced casting, non-disruptable spells or any similarly cheesy tactics. In addition, when enemy mages employ spell sequencers and contingencies, they are bound by the same limitations that are presented to the player's party. This means that a mage opponent (depending on his level) may have at most one Minor Sequencer, one regular Sequencer, one Spell Trigger, one regular Contingency and one Chain Contingency at his disposal. It also means that enemy spellcasters can only trigger their Contingencies under the conditions which are available to the player i.e. "When Hit", "See Enemy", "Hit Points at 50%", "Hit Points at 25%", "Hit Points at 10%", "Helpless" and "Poisoned". Furthermore, spellcasting opponents which are present in this component don't normally pre-cast their spells in order to simulate pre-battle preparations. However, under a single, unique condition a one time pre-cast sequence can occur - if the guildhall basement has been breached and the alarm has been sounded. In that special case, all mages in that area will cast a few long lasting spells like Stoneskin and Mage Armor upon hearing the alarm in order to reflect their awareness of an impending attack. Naturally, if the stealth path is taken, the alarm won't be raised and the spellcasters won't be warned.

How opponents handle invisible party members

Whenever an invisible party member passes near an opponent who is not actively engaged in battle (and thus unaware of his presence) the opponent makes a check against the Move Silently skill of that party member. If the Move Silently score of the passing character is too low (or non-existent) a spellcasting opponent may become suspicious of the noise and attempt to cast a divination spell (but only if he has one memorized). Similarly, a Thief opponent will attempt to use his Detect Illusion skill in such a situation. In case the party member is both invisible and silenced (i.e. by the level 2 priest spell - Silence 15' Radius) opponents will automatically fail their Move Silently checks and completely ignore the presence of that party member unless they are attacked. Note: during the stealth path opponents will ignore invisible party members regardless of their Move Silently score unless the alarm has been raised.

Edited by aVENGER, 21 December 2008 - 03:10 AM.

#17 -Stu-

-Stu-

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

Hi aVENGER!
Just a thing I've noticed. The Italian assassin kit description isn't up-to-date in the RR.tra translation file.

Btw, great work! ^_^

#18 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:20 AM

Hi aVENGER!
Just a thing I've noticed. The Italian assassin kit description isn't up-to-date in the RR.tra translation file.

Translation updates are handled through maintenance releases. This is intended behavior.

#19 -Stu-

-Stu-

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:32 AM

Sorry, I'm new here... I thought it was updated :P

#20 -tanglir-

-tanglir-

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:24 PM

Request for improvement.
Situation:
My PC is Assassin. The battle with CoC begins. Notable moments are:
1)PC Detects Invisibility;
2)Venduris detected;
3)Minsc kills Venduris right away;
4)somehow (I don't know how, really :) ) our party breaks casting of True Seeing by sorceress (or cleric, don't remember);
5)Imoen casts Mass invisibility
Result: sorceress just stands there and doing nothing while we hack all others, cleric... well, at least he was moving around :)
Maybe give sorceress a scrol of True Seeing? Because two other thiefs didn't seem to detect illusions (as described in documentation) at all. Well, maybe they were too busy drinkig potion of healing or whatever...