[Release - Interim] BGT-WeiDU v1.07 WIP-08-09-28

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

Due to the problems with v1.06 and a lack of time to work on the complete version of v1.07, I've decided to release what I've got so far. This can be considered 'unofficial', and it is by all means incomplete. That means that the readmes aren't updated, the version history is incomplete, not all bugs reported since v1.06 have been addressed, and the changes I have planned for v1.07 are only partly implemented.

However, these are 'some' of the things that are changed (the most important is bolded):

Installation changes
* Corrected importation of sound sets in the German installation
* Corrected installations with Baldur's Gate installations ending with an isolated number
* Updated Simplified and Traditional Chinese translations

Bug fixes
* Added error checking for hit point and constitution adjustments for new characters
* Corrected hit point, known spell, memorised spell, portrait, proficiency, script, starting equipment, and THAC0 errors in joinable NPCs
* Corrected the starting hit points for the Barbarian class
* Fixed a bug where any wyvern could be killed for Coran's quest
* Fixed a bug where new characters with 19 constitution did not receive the correct hit point bonus
* Fixed a bug where starting a new Shadows of Amn game resulted in a hung cutscene in Irenicus' dungeon with a new character that doesn't have a CON-based HP bonus
* Fixed a bug wehre the reward for Coran's quest could be collected without Coran in the party
* Possible fix for a possible crash-to-desktop entering Beregost with BGT Tweaks installed
* Zhurlong can no longer be killed after completing his quest without penalty

Gameplay changes
* The Boots of Speed obtained from Drizzt now functions identically to a standard Baldur's Gate II Boots of Speed

The big thing I haven't mentioned is that I am now incorporating the appropriate fixes from Dudleyville, which is very time consuming because I need to evaluate them all. That will take some time, and RL is in the way.

Note that most of the changes aren't tested (the hung Irenicus' dungeon cutscene fix is, though). If you don't find some problems though, you can post them in this forum, but make sure you quote your BGT version.

Here it is: This version is no longer, check the newer WIP.

Edited by Ascension64, 19 December 2008 - 04:20 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)